• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tank Bag

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
OK. I'm thinkin about this again. Don't even show me any chinrest types. That is what had me making the decision to skip the tank bag. But as I go forward I still keep wondering if there is any small types out there that would just hold a few things and let me see my GPS and gauges and allow for easy refueling. This humpback whale of a tank makes it a real challenge but I was just wondering what anyone had come up with. :?:
And, oh ya. If I was to design a small bag for the NTX, I would have one that straddles the tank horizontally, (as opposed to along a vertical line to the tank) and just behind the filler cap.

I have the Giant Loop Fandango on my 012 stelvio. Fits beautifully and zip on and off from the strapped on base. To fill the tank, you just un zip it from the base half way and it flips right over. Plenty of room for a camera, rags, cell phone etc. Can see the dash easily and does not interfere with the handlebars. If you want even smaller then you can get the diablo version.

It is also water proof once you put on the seam sealer that comes with it.

giantloopmoto.com/collection ... o-tank-bag

For general running around, I decided on a Wolfman Peak tail bag. Fits the rear rack perfect.

The power port under the seat allows you to charge things in the rear bag.

I use a Moto Guzzi tank bag designed for the Stelvio. I fits both the 2009-2011 bikes and the 2012 model with the larger tank. Moto Guzzi Part Number: 983149.

You can also get a Bum Bag that fits on the tank bag harness: Moto Guzzi Part Number 983170 ( Ido not own this item but it looks quite small.)

It is quite easy to refill the tank with the Tank Bag in place. You simply unfasten the rear fastener and lean the bag forward and rest it against the windshield. If you wish to re and re the bag, it's not a big deal either with three snap fasteners.

The MG Bag is big and secure and visually apealling. The only drawback is the price! :)

Attachments

• stelvio.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
Since we're setting up to be a Givi dealer... In the next few months, I'm going to be working on making bolt-on bracket for Givi's 'Tanklock" bag system as shown below. This system bolts to your gas cap, and holds the bag off your tank, with a quick release using the red lever shown below. The model below is what I'm thinking of using on my Stelvio. Click pic below (for more details) for the others they offer in the Tanklock series. Interest?

That looks like one that might work for me, Todd. Love to see some pics of one one a Stelvio. :D

Yes this would be of interest for me too bracket wise if GIVI don't make one for the Stelvio already?

Ok, I'm waiting for the bracket to arrive still, it was back-ordered. Hope to see it soon. No, they do not offer anything like this for the Stelvio at the time. Problem is the bolts for the gas cap are hidden, and the flange for this bag typically uses those bolts.

Todd, I'm interested too.
I already looked into the SW-Motech system , but here the same problem of the hidden bolts. SW-Motech works on the older MG bikes.
Marc/Belgium

tkonsler said:
I'd be interested in the Givi with the tank ring mount.
I went with Bags-Connection "GS" tank bag this time around, when I bought the Stelvio 2012 i September, as well as I did when I took delivery of the Tiger 1050 i September 2010.
Perfect fit on both bikes, me think ;):

Take a look at these pictures:

paigy.jpg

34t5r2b.jpg

2s153fb.jpg

2125uuu.jpg

357hmbn.jpg

I would be very interested on how you did this. I use a Marsee system on my BMW's and love it. It has the corona mount which bolts to the gas cap.

This looks like a great modification. More info please?

Marc

lomax said:
I would be very interested on how you did this. I use a Marsee system on my BMW's and love it. It has the corona mount which bolts to the gas cap.

This looks like a great modification. More info please?

Marc
Ok...
But I think the photos speak for themselves, more or less. Don't you think?

All you have to do is to order this black EVO tankring. All nuts and bolts necessary to fit the ring was in the package with a detailed how-to description on how to remove the Stelvio tankring and how to fit the SW Motech EVO ring.

The socket which is needed for this wisely constructed system to lock the bag securely to the tankring, is included with the bag. The EVO tankring must be ordered separately.

For more info, take a look here:
http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/Quick- ... ngs-1.html
http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/Bags-C ... k-Bag.html

Howdy BlizzGuzz,

So you are saying that we need to order the adapter for the BMW GS and that it will fit our Guzzi Stelvio?
I just want to make sure that I order the correct parts.
Was it necessary to order the silver portion of the assembly separately from black tank ring?

The distributor in the USA is different than the one that you linked to.

Not really self explanatory...

I have the same questions... Normally the Stelvio has NO exposed screws to mount that black ring. Poof... in your photo with the black ring it is clear it mounts to a silver trim with the screws.... The question is.... Does this NEW ring come included in the kit with the black mounting ring? There are only two items required, the bag and the mounting kit which includes everything required to fit the black mounting flange???

I would like to do this to my bike and have seen them but the info was not clear... any help would be appericated.

Thanks,
Vivo

Hi there,

the answer is yes. You'll get all parts needed incl. the screws when ordering the Moto Guzzi spesific tank ring. BMW GS spesific tank ring doesn't fit, obviously...
Go here:
http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/Quick- ... ngs-1.html - then find "Moto Guzzi, 6 Screw TRT.00.640.180" in Choice of Tank Ring scroll down menu. And that's it :) All parts included as well as an easy understandable and well illustrated fitting instructions. Same goes for the bag; all parts you need like the top ring that locks the bag to Quick Lock tank ring is included. All you have to do is to fit it to the bag and you're set to go ;)

vivo said:
Not really self explanatory...

I have the same questions... Normally the Stelvio has NO exposed screws to mount that black ring. Poof... in your photo with the black ring it is clear it mounts to a silver trim with the screws.... The question is.... Does this NEW ring come included in the kit with the black mounting ring? There are only two items required, the bag and the mounting kit which includes everything required to fit the black mounting flange???

I would like to do this to my bike and have seen them but the info was not clear... any help would be appericated.

Thanks,
Vivo

Blizzguzz
Thanks so much...
Love this idea and I saw this before and could not figure out how the flange mounts because my NTX does not have the screws so I assumed maybe it fit only the earlier Stelvio.?

I'm going to order one

Vivo

Tell me if I'm wrong. .. you chose the BMW GS bag because of the similarity to the Stelvio tank shape. Any model bag will fit on the standard flange. A honda bag may not fit our tank well but will mount on that standard flange. Sound right?

Vivo

I cannot answer why he bought what he did.

The EVO ring is the important part. If you have the EVO ring on the tank then the EVO ring on the bag will match.

I have a setup that I used on my V-Strom that used the old-style SW-Motech tank ring.
I called Twisted Throttle (the SW-Motech/Bags Connection USA distributor) and they can get me (4-6 weeks) the old style tank ring to mount on the Stelvio. Otherwise it was $75 for the tank ring and $64 for the new style bag mount.

Back