Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

tappets

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by geoffrey, May 17, 2020.

1. geoffrey

geoffrey Just got it firing!

hello, iv bought a califonia stone, hydro valve. on checking valve clearance it seams mine has the recall upgrade. but there is no slot in the tappet head and no clearance on the valves. is this normal for these.
    geof

2. Davy

Davy Just got it firing!

The tappets are set when the engine is built and are non-adjustable, the oil pressure takes up any clearance.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  3. geoffrey

thanks, im used to the old fashioned way
    geof

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

5. geoffrey

ive got the second picture. looks like adjustable but without the slot for the adjuster. also should there be a gap on fully closed. , mine has no gap
    geof

6. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Should be no gap. When the kit is installed a preliminary gap is set, then the adjuster is twisted off. Once the new tappets fill, there is no gap. If you get some ticking on start up, the tappet has just bled out and needed to refill.

7. geoffrey

thanks for the explanation. now im sure. just a supplementary question can you retro fit a tacho,
    geof

8. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Probably one from an EV could be wired in, but why? The ECU has a build in rev limiter so over revving shouldn't be an issue. If you go for it schematics are in the downloads section.

9. geoffrey

thanks, i just like tacho s on my bikes and cars
    geof

10. geoffrey

thanks, i just like tacho s on my bikes and cars
    geof

11. Gwilliam

Gwilliam Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Geof,

If you haven't already taken care of the tachometer issue on your Stone, I can tell you that I installed one of the many electronic models available from the web on my Stone several years ago.
    If you are not worried about matching dials there are a variety of sizes available that are easy to mount adjacent to the speedometer.

Attached Files: