• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Targa 750

choogh

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
I’ve discovered a slight oil leak originating from the right hand cylinder head, front quarter.
Without a manual, and little chance to get one, How difficult is it to replace the head gasket?
Thanks
Charlie

Without a manual, and little chance to get one

Ask and ye shall receive! 😆

It must be your lucky day because what you really need, is available for $66 (a paltry 58 Pound) in New Zealand and that includes mailing it to you anyplace in the world!

ebay.com/itm/383761286515

If you don’t immediately buy this, then I don’t know what to say…

It’s a killer deal for a completely legible OEM manual.

This is a carefully reproduced FACTORY DEALER ONLY workshop service repair manual for the MOTO GUZZI V75 Targa 1990 to 1993. This model range specific manual has approx 200 pages plus wiring diagrams and charts. It consists of the base 130 page V35 II, V35 Imola, V35 C, V50 III, V50 Monza, V50 C, V65 and V65 SP manual PLUS the 20 page V65 Lario, V50 Monza II and V35 Imola II update supplement PLUS the 50 page V75 Targa, Nevada 750, Nevada 350, 750 SP and 750 NTX update supplement. It completely covers all the "How To" information required. With an excess of 600 pictures it is also ILLUSTRATED like NO other! There are specification and trouble shooting charts UNSEEN in any other manual. This is both a VALUABLE addition to any collection of information on your bike or the MOST COMPLETE stand alone source available.

This is a HARD COPY in other words a printed and bound manual. NOTE that our pages are printed at 600 dpi as opposed to getting the pages on a CD or as a PDF file where the resolution is a low 200 dpi. By contrast our manuals have 300% better definition, so you're getting QUALITY together with CLARITY.”

Seems that my Targa 750 stator is kaput!
Are the stators from a MG Breva exchangeable?
They seem to be similar engines specifications.
Thanks
Charlie

I checked a parts manual for a Targa. The charging system was not listed. Do you have the Bosch or Saprisa system?

Yes it’s the Saprisa system. The engine is from 1990.
Stator spares are impossible here in UK.
Hoping I can use a Breva unit if comparable.
Thanks
Charlie

Yes it’s the Saprisa system. The engine is from 1990.
Stator spares are impossible here in UK.
Hoping I can use a Breva unit if comparable.
Thanks
Charlie
Finally found the part number for your alternator. It is GU28712400 The Breva part is a different part number so you are out of luck there. Have you contacted Leo Tamers in the Netherlands?

Finally found the part number for your alternator. It is GU28712400 The Breva part is a different part number so you are out of luck there. Have you contacted Leo Tamers in the Netherlands?
Did you snag this manual I showed you?

I see you are asking more questions in other threads.
No. Unfortunately not yet. Funds a tad low. Well we are in the UK 😂

Hi John.
Not contacted Leo Tamers. I don’t have any contact numbers or email.
can you give me the numbers?
Thanks
Charlie

Thanks John.
Ive found Leo address and sent email.
Thanks for the information.
Charlie

Why look for Breva if Saprisa was fitted to plenty of other ones - quite early Nevadas, NTXs, etc - we're entering fiddling season, just be patient and hunt for one on eBay, you've got several months, you'll find one. I bet California ones are worth looking too.
Just took a look at eBay, "Leo Tamers":) sells two. If you're in no rush, you will get them cheaper in UK.

Last edited:
Back