• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

2013 California Custom

1) Refoamed and shaped seat
2) Touring saddle (for pillions)
3) Touring handlebars
4) H&B pillion backrest
5) H&B C-Bow Buffalo Bags (30)
6) GTrx mufflers
7) GTrx ECU reflash
8) PC-V
9) AT-300
10) Cylinder head port/polish
with 3 angle valve/seat grind
11) Low profile mirrors
12) Grip Puppy handgrips
13) H- section replacement
14) WOLO Bad Boy air horn
15) Airhawk Seat
16) Radguard oil cooler protection

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Wow....Very nice....Port and Polish?..That is the 1st I have heard of on the 1400..What were the results?
Oh yea I have brought up this question b4 but ,,, cooler fan has yours ever turned on?
I have ridden two miles in blow sand pipes cherry red and the fan never turns on...Perhaps another warranty check?

Guess ill see if there is way I can test a different way... doesn't work with the diagnostic software I have... or maybe its defective..

I'll be getting the bike back tomorrow. Mechanic has had it for a week. I'll let you know.
I'll also get a dyno readout soonish.
I've never heard the fan on my bike, but I have never ridden it in really hot conditions.
About 30c deg max.
(Before and after pics at nearly finished stage.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 60
Todd is correct if you want an all-black seat. Moto Gozzi USA does sell a Touring-style gel seat in the black-and-white "skunk" pattern. I bought that seat (Part number B064236 for $239.95) and then paid $125 to have it dyed black. Obviously, I would have been better off ordering from Todd but I did not know he had the European source at the time.

I got that seat and it looks great. Nice contrast with the gray. Everyone who sees it says something complimentary.

2014 Custom accessorized with all equipment that is standard on the Touring model.Also added Moto Guzzi luggage rack and 50 liter top case.Touring style gel seat dyed black (goes better with my Custom’s mercury gray paint).

MG windshield lowers eliminated buffeting experienced before I put them on.

MG heated grips combined with National Cycle clear lexan hand guards keep my hands warm and dry.

TomTom Rider GPS mounted on MG accessory bracket.The 1400 is prewired for the TomTom; turns on and off with the ignition.

Admore Lighting rear light bar provides a supplemental tail light, modulated brake light and sequential turn signals. I got this idea from Roadventure who used a Shad brake light (better looking but requiring a small relocation of the top case).

Finally, although this is not a mod per se, I implemented jbhotchkiss' recommended shock settings (see "Transform the ride quality of your Custom) that greatly improved ride and handling.
View attachment 8193 View attachment 8194 View attachment 8195 View attachment 8196 View attachment 8197

What can you tell me about adding the aux safety lights? I have some lights laying around that are YET to be installed! I need a good kick to the butt to do this already.

What can you tell me about adding the aux safety lights? I have some lights laying around that are YET to be installed! I need a good kick to the butt to do this already.
The Moto Guzzi accessory driving lights that I added to my 1400 Custom are the same lights that come standard on the 1400 Touring. Simple install, really, as the bike has a prewired plug for these lights.

I had already installed the Touring windshield before I installed the lights. Consequently, I had to remove a little bottom bracket from the windshield because the light bar actually supports the windshield. You only need the accessory windshield bracket if you don't have the lights.

I'm a little confused by your question, as it appears you have a Touring that comes standard with the driving lights.

The Moto Guzzi accessory driving lights that I added to my 1400 Custom are the same lights that come standard on the 1400 Touring. Simple install, really, as the bike has a prewired plug for these lights.

I had already installed the Touring windshield before I installed the lights. Consequently, I had to remove a little bottom bracket from the windshield because the light bar actually supports the windshield. You only need the accessory windshield bracket if you don't have the lights.

I'm a little confused by your question, as it appears you have a Touring that comes standard with the driving lights.
Not the driving lights, auxiliary safety lights for the REAR of the bike. The LEDs that blink fast a few times and may also have a turn signal option in them?

Not the driving lights, auxiliary safety lights for the REAR of the bike. The LEDs that blink fast a few times and may also have a turn signal option in them?

Yarvis,

You mean something like "hyper-lights".

I added the SHAD brake light to my bike. I simply located the wires going to the OEM brake light and tapped into them (under the seat).

Check out https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/shad-brake-light.14253/ for more details.

You could connect most any taillights the same way....

Yarvis,

I added the SHAD brake light to my bike. I simply located the wires going to the OEM brake light and tapped into them (under the seat).

Check out https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/shad-brake-light.14253/ for more details.

Most any LED tailights. I connected the regular incandescent lights in my Givi trunk on my Norge and it messed things up till somebody told me how to wire it using a diode in line. An electrical engineer I am not.

Yarvis,

Road:
Yes, exactly, something like Hyper Lights or Run n Lites. I found a very good set from a manufacturer called Skene Designs. The BMW guys LOVE this set because they constantly "flicker" to let the drivers behind you still notice you. I bought the P3-TS model that uses the factory turn signal leads and will act as secondary turn signals as well as flash when the brake light is applied. www.skenedesign.com
More importantly, the owner, Jerry Skene designs and makes these lights in Va. Even more important, they work on BMW's with the finicky CanBus system and should equally work as well with our system.

Last edited:
Road:
Yes, exactly, something like Hyper Lights or Run n Lites. I found a very good set from a manufacturer called Skene Designs. The BMW guys LOVE this set because they constantly "flicker" to let the drivers behind you still notice you. I bought the P3-TS model that uses the factory turn signal leads and will act as secondary turn signals as well as flash when the brake light is applied. www.skenedesign.com
More importantly, the owner, Jerry Skene designs and makes these lights in Va. Even more important, they work on BMW's with the finicky CanBus system and should equally work as well with our system.

Great! Post some pictures when you get them mounted.

I will mention one thing though...........target fixation. Beware of the constant "flicker" type lights. Drivers WILL notice them, and may tend to fixate on them. Rather than notice you are slowing, you may become a target when they don't notice that they are getting too close.

dave
bel air, md

Hi Longrider. I just got the saddle bags and mounting hardware. Can you tell me if the saddlebag supports go over or under the air shock hoses?

Thanks
Mike

...Can you tell me if the saddlebag supports go over or under the air shock hoses?
The answer is "go over" if you mean the brackets are outside the hoses relative to the wheel. Here is a photo taken from above on the left side of the bike. I hope it answers your question.

Ok. I didn't think that was required. One more thing though, where the support gets bolted to the frame there is only one hole in the support. The instructions say to attach it with one of the supplied bolts, but there is only those bolts coming out of the frame near the passenger foot pegs. The 2015 models have a two hole (for the bolt) support. Maybe I should send a photo unless you understand what I'm saying.

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

The instructions are incorrect (at least for a Custom). The saddlebag bracket attaches to the same stud as the remote shock reservoir.

Remove the nut from the stud. Slide the reservoir off the stud but -- as stated above -- do not disconnect the hose. Slide the saddlebag bracket over the stud, then reattach the reservoir.

It is best to loosely attach everything until all bracket components are in place. The tighten everything with a torque wrench before attaching the bags. The final assembly is very strong.

You will end up with an unused bolt (the one described in the instructions).

It gets more complicated if you are also installing those chrome saddlebag guards and/or rear luggage rack. If so, I will post additional information. Let me know...

Back