• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

I will, and thanks again. Now, I've seen the link for the hepco and becker mods to the shocks. I read it and don't understand it. Could you explain it to me? I'm waiting for my top box and then I'll post the pic. Got plenty of things I want to do to this bike.
If you are referring to jbhotchkiss' post "Improve the ride quality of your Custom", it is not specific to Hepco and Becker. Any kind of saddlebags have to come off to adjust your shocks. "How to" instructions are in your owner's manual under "Rear Shock Absorber Adjustment" on pages 64-65. Then set them per jbhotchkiss' guidelines.

If you are referring to jbhotchkiss' post "Improve the ride quality of your Custom", it is not specific to Hepco and Becker. Any kind of saddlebags have to come off to adjust your shocks. "How to" instructions are in your owner's manual under "Rear Shock Absorber Adjustment" on pages 64-65. Then set them per jbhotchkiss' guidelines.

I made a mistake, I thought it was Hepco et al but it was jbhotchkiss. Where can I find this info? The shop manual I have doesn't contain anything relating to the rear shocks except how to take them off and put them on.

There's rings that put tension on the springs. This is what he's referring to.

There's rings that put tension on the springs. This is what he's referring to.

lol. I knew that!! I'm just wondering how to do it. I have the tool in the tool bag, spanner wrench, right? Does it matter from which cut out on the adjusters you start from?

HELP....any suggestions?
I am trying to remove my exhaust but cannot remove the header from exhaust studs.
The inside stud seems to be the culprit. The manifold will not come off inside stud.
I have used WD-40, Triflow etc but cannot get manifold to slide off. Here is the weird thing
the issue the issue is with both header sides and they are both hanging on inside stud.
Rubber mallet, wiggle etc does not work,,,2 + hrs and no success arrrggggh. I would sure appreciate any ideas or
suggestions...

Thanks

He's having them coated. They're off now.

Corbin seat
Lafranconi sport pipes
GT-Rx connector pipe, front forks upgrade kit, ECU reflash, PC-V and AT-300
MG - Pillion footboards, 60 litre top case, tank bag, chromed tank panels, chromed fork covers,GPS mount, heated grips
Laminar Lip
LED auxillary tail light/brake light under top case
Promax rear shock absorbers
SS oil cooler frame trim

Stephen
View attachment 8169
Stephen, How do you like your Lafranconi mufflers? How loud are they?

2014 Custom accessorized with all equipment that is standard on the Touring model.Also added Moto Guzzi luggage rack and 50 liter top case.Touring style gel seat dyed black (goes better with my Custom’s mercury gray paint).

MG windshield lowers eliminated buffeting experienced before I put them on.

MG heated grips combined with National Cycle clear lexan hand guards keep my hands warm and dry.

TomTom Rider GPS mounted on MG accessory bracket.The 1400 is prewired for the TomTom; turns on and off with the ignition.

Admore Lighting rear light bar provides a supplemental tail light, modulated brake light and sequential turn signals. I got this idea from Roadventure who used a Shad brake light (better looking but requiring a small relocation of the top case).

Finally, although this is not a mod per se, I implemented jbhotchkiss' recommended shock settings (see "Transform the ride quality of your Custom) that greatly improved ride and handling.
View attachment 8193 View attachment 8194 View attachment 8195 View attachment 8196 View attachment 8197
Stephen, Many thanks for the clear hand guard info. I wanted to get some, but Cycle Gear couldn't find any that said they would fit and my dealer had no idea. Thought about the black ones from another model Guzzi, but didn't think they would look right on my white Touring. Where did you find them?

Stephen, Many thanks for the clear hand guard info. I wanted to get some, but Cycle Gear couldn't find any that said they would fit and my dealer had no idea. Thought about the black ones from another model Guzzi, but didn't think they would look right on my white Touring. Where did you find them?

I got mine from Cruiser Customizing.....

Hello all is good here.....I am having them done in black and inside coated.....GREAT PIPES..I highly recommend; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-california-1400-full-stainless-exhaust-system/
Youwill have to post some pics when they are done, I thought they looked great polished, what is the inside coating about? Have mine waiting for my mechanic to get back from fixing planes in China for 4 weeks then we can get them together and give them a go.

Stephen, How do you like your Lafranconi mufflers? How loud are they?
The LaFranconis are loud and deep; a beautiful tone. I love the sound. I have listened to my bike being ridden, (me standing beside the road) and they sound fine - not objectionable to neighbours. That would be in 'stealth mode.' If you wick it up, you can hear the bike for a fair distance. You will need good ear plugs for highway use. With the DB killers in, they sound better than stock, but I would say in this form they would be a waste of money, as the difference is too small.

Stephen

Back