• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Terrible Experience with V7 Racer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
entreq8 said:
GuzziMoto said:
Sorry Todd, while Kuwait may not be a country I care for as they have some serious social issues, Kuwait is hardly a third world country. They have hardware stores and auto parts stores. They even have a Formula 1 race.
Buy the damn parts and ride.

I think you mean Bahrain or Abu Dhabi, might want to brush up on your geography.

The one thing I know about my local geography is there are 10 parts stores within 5 miles that have barbed tee's and hose clamps you need. Again PM me you or your dealer address and I will get two 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/4" brass barbed tees and six 1/2" stainless steel hose clamps in the mail to you free of charge.

entreq8 said:
GuzziMoto said:
OK, my bad. You don' have a Formula 1 race. But you are not a third world country, are you?
It is just a T fitting. It is not the T fitting shown earlier by you, that one was for the airbox drain. This one is the fuel supply for the injectors. But it is still a T fitting that you should be able to buy locally. If you want one with a Guzzi part number, contact TLM or any of the major Guzzi dealers around the world and they can get it for you. Your local dealer does not even seem up to tightening bolts so you may want to look elsewhere.
The problems you have are unfortunate, but they are not directly the factory's fault.

The T fitting shown here is a separate, additional problem to the leak on the Y fitting that I had posted about earlier.

Lots of leaky bits on a Guzzi... well designed no doubt.

They don't usually leak if you do not break them......
The other "leak" is not even a real leak but a airbox drain.
It sounds like someone is learning how to work on motorcycles using your bike as a guinea pig.
Many Guzzi's out there have ten's, and even hundreds, of thousands of miles on them. They seem to work for almost everybody else. I have four and none of them have had your "issues". And if I did break a T fitting I would buy a new one instead of whining that Guzzi did not design it to be idiot proof.
Again, a T fitting is a minor part that you can get most anywhere IF YOU BREAK ONE AND NEED A NEW ONE.
But that is not Guzzi's fault, I doubt they went out to the middle east and broke your bike. Someone else did that, likely the moron who was learning how to work on bikes using yours. Either buy the bleeding T fittings and fix what someone broke or sell the bike. Why did you buy a Guzzi if all your gonna do is whine about it.
Maybe you just want to whine, but this is the wrong place for that. Most of the people here are geared towards riding Guzzi's and fixing them if they break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back