• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The joys of Moto Guzzi…

That's very true. A year back, I was reluctant buying an adventure bike. Now that I own one....I can tell you....I should have bought one many years ago.

Attachments

• tempImageJKw6u4.png
    tempImageJKw6u4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
I don't trust myself with a adventure bike as I could get into too much trouble with it!!
I'll have to stick with boring touring LOLView attachment 26956
That's funny.....I felt the same way.....in fact, I just got a performance award by the state police riding in N. Carolina, 98mph in a 45mph zone.....nearly got myself locked up. I don't remember ever getting harassed on my Aprilia Futura or the BMWs. I guess the Guzzi is a real eye catcher.
I'd love to try riding the California. I met a gentleman at the dealership who brought one for service, I almost took it for a spin around the block. It was a lousy day, everything wet, I didn't want to ride his bike in the filthy streets of Brooklyn.

Last edited:
Up here in "The Great White North" in many provinces , going double the speed limit is no longer
a traffic violation , it's dangerous driving ! That's a really expensive undertaking to stay out of jail .
Count your lucky stars :) . Peter

Up here in "The Great White North" in many provinces , going double the speed limit is no longer
a traffic violation , it's dangerous driving ! That's a really expensive undertaking to stay out of jail .
Count your lucky stars :) . Peter
I'm in NY city area and ride all year around. Yes, the North East during the cold months can be dangerous and high speed makes matters even worse.

50km / 30mph over = Stunt Driving
-
  • You're issued a Summons to appear in court. If you fail to appear in court a warrant for your arrest can be issued
  • Automatic 7 day vehicle impoundment
  • Automatic 7 day drivers licence suspension
  • Minimum fine of $2,000 up to $10,000
  • Up to 6 months in jail, with or without the above fine
  • Drivers licence suspension for a 1st conviction up to 2 years
  • Drivers licence suspension for a 2nd conviction not more than 10 years
  • Massive insurance increases IF you can even get insurance

Wow! If they tried to do that here, some idiot with a gun would start shooting up the courthouse and/or police station.

I don’t normally speed anyplace but on the expressway traveling large distances.

Never on surface or local streets.

Those are some serious punishments though.

I would just be happy if people would use their damn turn signals!

similar here in BC. I think I mostly agree with the penalties... excessive speed ruins a lot of lives every year.

there are exceptions, however, as when highways change limits for no clear reason. easy to end up doing 40+ over when your 110km/h highway changes to 60.

Unfortunately in the USA, I feel most speed limits are simply legalized robbery of the population. They are not about safety in the slightest.

We have a 4 lane road on the outskirts of town here where I live.

No sidewalks, no pedestrian traffic, nothing.

It’s almost in the country and has a ridiculous 35mph speed limit that nobody obeys because it’s just stupid slow for no reason at all.

The police and Highway Patrol, line up there to write tickets.

It’s probably the #1 revenue generator in the damn city because of it.

Unfortunately in the USA, I feel most speed limits are simply legalized robbery of the population. They are not about safety in the slightest.

We have a 4 lane road on the outskirts of town here where I live.

No sidewalks, no pedestrian traffic, nothing.

It’s almost in the country and has a ridiculous 35mph speed limit that nobody obeys because it’s just stupid slow for no reason at all.

The police and Highway Patrol, line up there to write tickets.

It’s probably the #1 revenue generator in the damn city because of it.
yea, I've read about that in the US. here, ticket revenue goes into a provincial pool of money which is then doled out. creates a certain separation so as to avoid incentivizing this sort of behaviour.

Stunt or street racing deserves every punishment because it is dangerous for both the racers and public.
There are racetracks or events that you can go to for this kind of riding or private property where there's no public traffic nor the police has any jurisdiction.
However, catching somebody traveling a few miles over the speed limit isn't the end of the world and those who do get pulled over are only for revenue collection.

Back