Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Third party image hosting - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by GT-Rx®, Sep 27, 2017.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

To all... Please upload photos to the Forum here. We cannot see any off site web hosting images per below...

PB-NoImage.jpg

24B845BC-FCD1-485C-BE15-AB873C41D930.jpeg

2. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Todd, happy to use your internal one, but assumed (1) the problem you note is limited to the PhotoPirates site only, and (2) we helped reduce bandwidth that cost you money by using an off-site host.

In my case, that is SmugMug.

Are you saying that no one can see those, e.g., this disgusting item (that cost me 39 Euro last week in Germany)? :giggle:

[​IMG]

Best,

Bill

3. GT-Rx®

I'm paying a small boatload now for web bandwidth, and server size is huge, so I'd prefer to have them here so they don't go missing in short order. I can see your lovely & expensive shirt, but my bet is it'll live there for a short time period and go missing unless you are paying significantly for your Smugmug account.

4. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Hi Todd,

I host my photos on a paid "pro" account with flickr.com. I've posted over 4000 photos to all my photography forums and mailing lists from that site since 2008. None of them have ever gone missing as far as I can tell; in fact, I regularly see viewers favoriting various photos I posted almost a decade ago when I monitor the account activity. :)

G

5. Calijackalbob

Calijackalbob Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi Todd.
    Kudos for all you do for the Guzziholics of the world.
    Just wanted to know,...... I've slowly been going through my posts that now feature unseeable photos from Photofuckit on other Guzzi forums and updating them, replacing the ransom note images with (to the best of my knowledge) the relevant pictures. On Guzzitech, there doesn't seem to be an "Edit post" so I can't replace the images. Am I missing something? How can I - we upload replacement photos on old posts?

6. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Not sure about that. I know as a moderator I see the edit post button. It is near the report option. Take another look and let me know if you see the edit option for your posts. Be sure you are signed in when you look.

7. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Most threads I check that I've posted to allow me to edit a post still. However, some others ... like this one ... do not. It must be a matter of message server setup.

8. john zibell

Not much I can do about that. Perhaps you could reply to that post and then add the photo.

9. Calijackalbob

Calijackalbob Cruisin' Guzzisti

All there is next to the report button is the poster's name and date/time. No edit button anywhere.

10. john zibell

On posts you create, there should be the edit button. Moderators and Administrator can edit any post.

11. GT-Rx®

Thanks John, that should be a true statement. User posts should be editable.