• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

throttle balance and cannister-ectomy "help"

sn0winSaskatoon

Tuned and Synch'ed
hi, so I finally got around to removing the charcoal cannister from my B11. Apparently Piaggio Group is labouring under the impression that here in Saskatchewan, we have California emissions laws!!! (anyone who knows anything about Western Canada, our scenic land of rednecks, oil sands and uranium mines is laughing out loud now). So anyways, I simply took a length of tubing and connected the two throttle bodies together. As per advice I'd had from someone on here, can't remember who, but I'm guessing someone in USA because I don't think Piaggio is giving the rest of you in England and France and Oztralia and Kiwiland those charcoal cannisters... Perhaps I should have plugged them individually but that would have meant searching around for the right fittings...

and now, without really doing anything at all, it it seems to want to idle way too high... with a on-and-off clunking noise from the gearbox at idle in neutral (which disappears when I pull in the clutch). The gear clunking might be worse when she's cold, that's my impression but I wouildn't swear to it. So my first thought is to give the guzzi away and flee back to the safety of a curburetted chain-drive bike (hello triumph). But I'm brave and want to push on...

I took her out on the highway and she went fine, to an indicated 192 km/h before I backed off - thank god I didn't hit a deer or moose...

So should I just plug the connections in the TB's with water bolt will fit, wrapped with some T-tape ?? Will that make a difference rather than just having a tube connecting the 2??

I've ordered the VDSTS but it hasn't arrived yet, so I don't really know what's going on for sure, and the nearest dealer is 260 km away and is okay I think, but not probably the absolute most knowledgeable and experienced guzzi-wise, seeing as how he's only been selling them a couple of years and has only sold and serviced a handful...

In the meantime, I had planned for months to take my girlfriend for a romantic getaway in the cypress hills (highest point east of the rockies - so much for Sask being the flattest pace on earth!) and we're going this weekend and she wants to take the guzzi and I have a ring to give her etc etc etc so I'm stressed. ...and the darn thing doesn't seem to be running that great and I don't want to do something bad to it several hundred km from the nearest town and 500 km from the nearest guzzi shop (yes, the land is that big and that empty in the southwest of our province). And we're leaving friday am. And she doesn't want to go by car, having just bought new riding gear. And she hates my ktm, so that's not an option.

hopefully I'm making a mountain out of a molehill? I'm probably just nervous and stressed...

thanks for any good advice (about the stupid bike I mean)

ian

can't put the cannister back, that's where the ring has to go and otherwise there's no room. Meanwhile it's snowing in the cypress hills as we speak. So while it's good that sask seems to be the only place on the planet without a recession (saskatoon's more expensive for house prices now than toronto fer goodness sake) but the bad side is our friggin' CLIMATE! -3C overnight. It's almost May. aaargh

Well, every woman that prefers a bike over a car and a Guzzi over a KTM should get a ring!
(Where did you find her/ does she have a sister?)

B)

By now you have either fixed the problem or took the car. I just figured I'd say that my cannister fell off this winter :eek:hmy: while I was doing my normal maintenance. Prior to this I had a problem with my Norge not wanting to start when it sat in the sun on a hot day but this seems to have cured it. No other problems have surfaced. I put a hose between the inlet connections but I placed a ball bearing in the hose to seal the sides from each other. Mainly because I wanted to keep the hookups for the vacuum hoses on the manifolds.

Rudy

Back