• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

tiltmode43's V7 Classic Build Thread

tiltmode43

Tuned and Synch'ed
When modifying cars I usually have a build thread but for some reason, never started one for the Guzzi. Most photos can be found at http://www.flickr.com/inghostcolours or on IG @violetnites The idea here is to document all the steps taken throughout the modding process, as well as have a bit of a running journal of the V7. Feel free to share your opinions!

Purchased with 3000 miles on the clock. Unknown to me, bloated tank but otherwise clean bike. All stock, w/emissions canister removed:

13499006233_646a70800d_b.jpg

The day after purchasing I picked up the MAS Engineering rear fender eliminator from Pro Italia in Glendale and installed right away:

13499258674_bf7cdb6688_z.jpg

13498916205_0bd8279ef5_z.jpg

13498916535_9f772072d7_z.jpg

Next up, Paolo Tarozzi clip-ons, CRG bar ends & mirrors, & Headlight/cluster lowering bracket. Also removed the front orange reflectors. Pic is from a cruise with a buddy's Thruxton near Malibu:

13499279504_03419fc1d5_z.jpg

MAS Engineering aluminum front fender was the next part to go on! As you can see, this fender is bobbed a bit compared to stock, and of course the other big difference is it's bare metal:

13499027383_df447a4b02_z.jpg

13499043413_dd26518701_z.jpg

Arrow slip-ons and Joe Kenny head guards were the next wave of mods to hit, along with GT o2 Optimizer. I de-baffled the Arrows and do not regret it one bit (video below under P3 lights) More on de-baffling in this thread -> https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic?f=215&t=11800 Also needed to install the rear exhaust hangers from the Cafe-Classic for this exhaust (the hangers from the V7R are $$$!) You can also see how close the tank sat to the head :eek:

13499302384_f7aebd98f6_z.jpg

13499298894_7ac857384f_z.jpg

Luckily Bobby @ Pro Italia happened to have a white tank from his personal collection sans warping (& decals) and with some OE MG badges already fixed on. I picked it up and was surprised at how much narrower the bike felt! You can also see how lovely the de-baffled Arrows look here:

9699745998_03135d2d5d_z.jpg

Next up was to get rid of those orange tangerines I had stuck to the back of the bike! Ended up ordering some indicators from Dime City Cycles and could not be happier. Also did a bit of a photoshoot with a friend's Thruxton (http://www.flickr.com/inghostcolours)

13498968065_ab12955975_z.jpg

10605537884_223d24b7f4_z.jpg

10605813933_57c2a839fc_z.jpg

10049882725_8cb7d4b75b_z.jpg

10049988323_ace7bf6d5e_z.jpg

This happened while on the trip. Sport Demons went on right away!
13498977045_6fe53d16a5_z.jpg

Somewhere between tires and the horns I did another full service and threw in the BMC air filter. Also installed a USB plug that wires to my battery tender to make sure I don't get caught in the middle of nowhere with a dead phone.

At this point, I decided I wanted to do some more practical mods to increase the safety of my bike. After trying out a horn from a Z32 300zx, I decided I wanted to upgrade the horns. Much research later and I ended up ordering some Hella Supertone 118db horns. Right now I have the covers off and it looks like someone's strapped black pancakes to the side of my frame, haha. Covers were painted black, still debating weather or not to put them back on.

13499734533_64486be231_z.jpg

Before:
13499742793_13447c98db_z.jpg

After:
13499978084_735ae0bc0d_z.jpg

It's tough to tell but the horns are considerably louder with a deeper tone
Before:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/inghostcolours/oaswjc
After:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/inghostcolours/31d3oK

Furthermore, I knew the MAS fender elim has an improperly angled LED rear taillight and also decided upgrading my rear lights would be a good idea as from a distance, the MAS light wasn't too effective. After much research I ordered Skene Design P3 lights. Wow these things are amazing! Check them out if you're considering adding some extra tail/brake lights, you will not regret it -> http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/P3_Features.shtml I don't think too bright is a problem but wow, these lights are stupid bright! I find cars stop much further back now that they have to deal with these tails. With a blink -> solid pattern I also have the piece of mind that everything is being done to get the attention of drivers (and riders) behind me. Only problem now is my buddies refuse to let me lead on our rides as they all end up blinded :mrgreen:

No photos of the lights now, only video:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/inghostcolours/yDEA6X

Latest additions made were the MAS Engineering front and side number plates/panels. With flat sides the bike feels much narrower and I absolutely love the look of the front bikini fairing. I don't think I'll put numbers on anything but for now, just enjoy having my bike covered in dulled metal parts :evil: Updated photoshoot to come with the newest parts on.

13499131674_a417bf6d1a_z.jpg

Much more in the works, will update the thread as the build continues :D

2009 V7 Classic
MAS Engineering front fender
MAS Engineering wind screen / number plate
MAS Engineering side panels / number plates
MAS Engineering rear fender eliminator
Paolo Tarozzi clip-ons
Rizoma Lux grips
CRG bar ends & mirrors
Headlight/cluster lowering bracket
Dime City Cycles front & rear indicators
Joe Kenny head guards
P3 taillights
Hella Supertones
BMC filter
Mistral crossover pipe
Arrow slip-ons, de-baffled
MG tank badges
GT O2 Optimizer

Thanks for sharing, indeed. Is that front fender truly aluminum or chromed steel? AF1 lists it as steel. Any chance you weighed it against stock one?

Instg8r said:
looks good man, thanks for sharing. That's how an enthusiast forum should be.

Matt

Thanks, agreed!

370_racer said:
Thanks for sharing, indeed. Is that front fender truly aluminum or chromed steel? AF1 lists it as steel. Any chance you weighed it against stock one?

Yeah, that's kind of interesting they list it as chromed steel, I never saw that. The piece is definitely polished aluminum and can be purchased in a satin finish as well -> http://www.masengineering.it/MAS/index. ... Itemid=236

While chrome is MUCH easier to clean than polished (I've had both chrome and polished parts on my cars), I'm glad this is raw metal as the scars from highway debris help give it some extra character. This also helps it match the other parts a bit better.

Matt, did you have to remove the front tire to install the MAS front fender? I have one and will be installing it soon. AF1 racing says you have to but I wondered if you actually didn't have to. Thanks.

Random IG pic from earlier this week. Not much has changed on the bike, sadly. Been focusing on cars again.

10655135_1469941243291049_2142327152_n.jpg

Matt, did you have to remove the front tire to install the MAS front fender? I have one and will be installing it soon. AF1 racing says you have to but I wondered if you actually didn't have to. Thanks.

Ah, haven't been on the forum in a while! Nope, don't have to remove front tire, it's a pretty basic install.

Random IG pic from earlier this week. Not much has changed on the bike, sadly. Been focusing on cars again.

Ah, haven't been on the forum in a while! Nope, don't have to remove front tire, it's a pretty basic install.

Thanks!

Nice mod tiltmode43. Very neat.

Your V7 build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net
directory here: tiltmode43's V7 Build

We’re currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you’d find in Google
Images). We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your
build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to
the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest.

Al

Back