Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Time to relax and enjoy...

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by GT-Rx®, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Brett

Brett Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

My 9 year old and I managed a 143 km ride the other day. The riskiest part was filling up and touching the pump. Others that were encountered were good with respecting distancing. Aside from poking our heads in the cabins, they were not used.

There are things to do still, they are just likely not what one has planned. We are hunkered down at our cabin, getting our “wildhood on”. 317827C8-1E68-476B-806D-2CB249341FA8.jpeg

GT-Rx® likes this.
  2. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

Here in Italy the numbers (updated as March, 21):

59.138 Infected (counting all light at-home cases, hospitalized cases, and in intensive cares cases)
    7.024 Fully Recovered
    5.476 Dead

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thank you for posting. Curious as to what the sickness and death numbers were for the same time last year? My good friend from Bologna says that they are counting all sickness/deaths to date despite COVID-19, do you know if that's the case on your words above?

Stay healthy my friends!

4. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Cruisin' Guzzisti

As of last night we're now in 'lockdown' here in the UK. We managed to get out on the weekend, we're so glad we did, we knew what was coming. Riding motorcycles isn't the most important thing in life, but it is one of the most life affirming things you can do.

I put the Breva 1100 back on the road on Sunday after its 96,000 mile service and Winter refurb. Don't know when I'll be able to ride it again, but at least I know its ready and waiting for when the situation improves.

Stay safe and healthy out there.

IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2189 (2)_LI.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Bill Hagan and GT-Rx® like this.
  5. Brett

Brett Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

The power went out last night. 12 hours in social distancing and no power. Making the most of it. 7F0DFA5C-2DA0-4933-A376-6E93C14CF18D.jpeg

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. Blaufeld

No, my cousin that works in the Civil Protection National Headquarters in Rome clarified that the total is referred only to the people that was infected by COVID, that are fully recovered or dead.
    Moreover, after the weekend there is finally a down trend for new daily infected, it seems that people start to understand the distancing measures are a necessity...

7. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thank you and that is great news. Seems to be the global downward trend. Hopefully it continues and we are back to normal sooner than later.

8. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I was recently sent this, EVERYONE take note. The death toll is rising.

9. Robert Gibson

3433 now dead in Spain, second only to China and more than 4050 tested positive.

10. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

There are still a*seholes in the UK defying the stay at home advice. There are even reports of people coughing and spitting in the face of police officers. I am currently off after knee ligament reconstructive surgery but if it was me I would be getting out my persuasion stick and beating the sh*t out of them before I slapped on the bracelets and I wouldn't give a toss how tight they were. Sorry to say but the 'policing by consent' ethos in the UK just isn't robust enough in my opinion. Unfortunately it's the more vulnerable that will suffer by these idiots actions. Everybody stay safe, follow the advice and hopefully we will all get through this together.

Bill Hagan and GT-Rx® like this.
  11. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Simple, direct.

12. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sorry to say I think we are just getting started here. It will get a lot worse here before it gets better. We were slow to get going with testing, and much of this country isn't even locking down. Other countries are further ahead on the curve than we are.
    Try to stay safe, everyone.

13. Robert Gibson

PLEASE, pass this on to EVERYONE you know. Too many people are sticking their heads in the sand thinking it’s not going to affect me. (Not GT members hopefully).

Italy 919 deaths in one day.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    roadventure likes this.
  14. Robert Gibson

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    I was recently sent this, surely somebody must be held accountable for the misery this virus has brought to the world.
    There is something wrong with this virus
    Think people think!

Wuhan in Shanghai = 629 km
    Wuhan in Beijing = 1052 km
    Wuhan in Milan = 8700 km
    Wuhan in New York = 12,000 km
    Wuhan in Sao Paulo = 17,964 km
    Wuhan in London = 8880 km
    Wuhan in Paris = 8900 km
    Wuhan in Spain = 9830 km
    Wuhan in India = 3575 km
    Wuhan in Iran = 6560 km

The Chinese virus originated in the city of Wuhan, China, and has now reached all corners of the world, but this virus has not reached the capital of China: Beijing and the economic capital: Shanghai, near Wuhan.
    *Because?*
    Beijing is the city where all the leaders of China live, the military leaders live there, those who control China's power live there, and Beijing has not been closed, it has not been quarantined. The Chinese virus has no effect there.
    *Because?*
    Shanghai is the city that manages China's economy, it is the economic capital of China, all the wealthy of China live! Those who keep the industry going. There is no blockage there, the Chinese virus has no effect there !!!
    *Because ...?*
    It is very important to ask China this question.

15. Chris Jessop

A quick check of the World Health Organisation website shows that both Shanghai and Beijing have been affected by the Covid-19 Coronavirus.

16. Robert Gibson

This link, and the above was sent to me from an Italian colleague living in the north of the country. I neither agree nor disagree, however I would imagine most Italians and many others are feeling pretty much aggrieved at this moment.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  17. Chris Jessop

Robert, I couldn't agree more about people feeling angry and aggrieved. As I understand it, this virus kicked off in a 'wet market' that the Chinese police should have closed down. Now the whole world is suffering because of their inaction.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  18. Blaufeld

Downward trend of newly infected is still going here.
    Unfortunately, all the "free-thinking democracies" that dragged their feet while Italy started lockdown are getting worse.
    I'm sorry for the people, but as they say "there are no free dinners".
    Sooner or later you have to pay.

19. Robert Gibson

We are still locked down till 25th April and looks like this will be extended until 10th May. Bear in mind we cannot go for a walk or exercise. You can take your dog for a short walk if you have one.
    It is what it is.
    Fortunately I bought some paint before the lockdown and have painted the house inside and out. However it’ll be a fair while before I want to see a paint brush or roller again. On the bright side, when this is over, I can give a middle finger to household tasks, mount the trusty steed and ride off into the sunset.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  20. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I can't quite wrap my head around this. I go to wet markets here in Vancouver all the time? why is it that people are insisting that Chinese ones should be closed?

do people just want to stop selling wild animals? I sure hope my dad can still go deer hunting after all this, it's been a staple food in my family for generations.