• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Time Zone Question

Muley

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I notice that the "official" posting time is eight hours behind (or is it 16 hours ahead) of EDST :blink:

Where in the world does our forum clock correspond to :silly:

Not that it really matters, but it gives me jet lag when I think about it too much :p

Since CA is -8 GMT and Todd lives in CA, I assume that is the correct time zone. Then again, I could be wrong.

Gary said:
Time is immaterial,

I agree, but inquiring minds want to know:silly:

Oca added:

Since CA is -8 GMT and Todd lives in CA, I assume that is the correct time zone

Yep, I thought that too, but CA is only 3 hours behind us here on the east coast. I assume it must be the current time at Pete Roper's place:laugh:

I figured it out. It has to be Apia, Samoa which is 16 hours ahead of the eastern USA, but how many Guzzis do we have there:huh:

On the other hand, it could be out in the Pacific somewhere this side of the International date line, but I can't locate any land in the appropriate time zone.

Dont think I've ever seen an actual time post, just the last post time.
As it was the last post I guessed it must have something to do with Custer and Indians and therefore in the US, lol.
By the way the actual time here inthe UK is 01.03 am.

Night workers rule,

Jus.t noticed my last post was at 12.04 (am/pm)?
That does indeed put the elusive clock in the middle of Aus or just off the coast of Hawaii.

Come on Todd put ya clock right.

Gary might have written somewhere or maybe I just heard it:

Hey Muley, anyone told ya lately.............your talking to ya self,

..............or is it them voices again ??????????

I did extensive research and found out there is apparently no place on earth that is exactly 8 hours behind EDST UNLESS it is right on top of the International Date Line, so the times must be 16 hours ahead which is not coincidentally close to Christchurch, NZ. This is really important stuff, and I smell a conspiracy to move us forward in time which will both age our bodies and devalue our Guzzis prematurely. I hereby lodge a formal complaint against management and demand that the clock be altered so that I don't lose any more sleep or hear strange voices with even stranger accents:blink:

Oca hallucinated:
That's funny. I don't see the time posted.

Yes, I knew something serious was happening. Oca, go to "Show latest post" and look at the times over to the right. Even though I just finished this particular post, it shows my time as after 1400 hours on Wednesday, and it's definitely still Tuesday here. Tomorrow is the US tax return deadline, and it must be tomorrow already, so I better hurry to the post office right now.

I feel suddenly sleep deprived for some reason :pinch:

Hey steady on, we here on the right side of the world aren't about to grow old faster than any of youse.....

Anyway, I like it that you blokes are all blowin zeds when I'm on the board - allows me to amuse myself working on my post count without anyone laughing B)

Oh except maybe for Gary, but night workers are just bloody strange in my book :p

And BTW the last post was at 14:12 according to the board, and it is 12:12 here in Sunny Brisbane and I'm having lunch :*

Night workers rule,
Reminds me of a Ray Wylie Hubbard song:
There's two kinds of people in this world, day people and night people.
It's the night people's job to take the day people's money.

Mike.C wrote:
And BTW the last post was at 14:12 according to the board, and it is 12:12 here in Sunny Brisbane and I'm having lunch :*

Huh?

Last post was yesterday afternoon at 1500 hours 1,5 hours ago - and it's 7:10 in the morning now, the day after! :laugh:

Ok it's 9 hours later since my last post and I'm a day worker now, doing a few quotes for parts, e mailing the guys to tell them I'll be with them at the weekend etc etc etc life goes on. I'll get to bed in a couple of hours, .............and I shouldn't be obsessed !!!!!!!!!!
Now the Tardis that is Guzitech needs to put my clock back to Hawaii time so's I can get some extra shut eye.

And I thought this was a serious site, lol

Gary suggested:
C'mon guy's..........Muley ? Oca ? Keep up.

I tried to hang in there but I went to bed at about 0100 hours our time, but according to the 'puter it was already this afternoon at about 1700. Therefore, I must have been awake for 33 hours straight, then I slept for only 6 hours, but the 'puter sez I slept for 23 hours :S

Strange, I don't feel a bit refreshed now :huh:

Back