• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tiny Griso Brake Pedal and other quirks.

wetcoast_griso

Tuned and Synch'ed
The mild and woolly suburbs of Vancouver Canada
Now that I finally have my Griso, I've been out for a few rides in between rainshowers, and among other quirks I find that the brake pedal is really tiny.
Is there anything one can do about this? Are there replacement foot pads, or custom lever assemblies? The level size works fine on the gear side but I'm used to more meat on a brake pedal.

And while I talk about quirks, I have done the Guzzi newbie thing and stabbed the horn button instead of the signal (one time only, so far). Any thought on mods to the signal button cap?

The horn thing is something I've not found a problem. I swap between the Griso and my Aprilia all the time and have no problems. It's just a matter of allwing your body to 'Learn' the new location. Give it time.

CAn'tsay that I've had any problems with the brake pedal either but I only use the rear brake for steering and holding the bike at a standstill on a hill, (And not often the latter.) so I haven't really thought about it all that much. If you need a longer peg it should be easy enough to get a your local machinist to turn one up.

Pete

The horn button was a problem at first. Took a little time to get used to it.
I never really noticed how small the pedal was. Funny enough, when I bought my Griso over 2 years ago, I never noticed that somehow the lever had been bent in about and inch or so from the po. I just figured that's how it was. Imagine how much harder it was to find the brake lever. But like my Dad taught me years ago, brakes only slow you down, so why bother?
I think you'll adjust in a hurry.
Check out the pic to see how bad it was. I did have my dealer bend it back to normal over winter.

Attachments

• brake2.jpg
    brake2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 530
The reason the lever is bent is because at some point the previous owner laid it on its side. Almost certainly at a standstill and probably because he hooked a shoelace over it and couldn't get his foot down in time.

Guess how I know this? :lol:

Pete

pete roper said:
The reason the lever is bent is because at some point the previous owner laid it on its side. Almost certainly at a standstill and probably because he hooked a shoelace over it and couldn't get his foot down in time.

Guess how I know this? :lol:

Pete

Funny you should say "hooked" I also keep hooking my pant leg on the sidestand. Quite unnerving. Since the stand is so far forwards, Moto Guzzi has made a convenient little hook that seems to like my pants. I might have to start tucking them into my boots!

The horn is a nuisance. I own 3 bikes, and regularly ride any of 9 and the Griso is the ONLY one which has the horn in such a prominent place. It always takes me a few moments to get used to it, just like my '95 Cali with its 'free-floating' left-hand switchgear...

And it annoys me how theres no hazard light switch.

My mate kindly(!) dropped my Griso and bent the brake in slightly (he tried to push/move it, and found it overwhelmed him when he went to push the stand down). Oddly though, I prefer it like that, just as I did with my post-crash FZR. I dont like obtrusive pedals.

My biggest Griso quirk? Those wide bloody bars. I will be fitting Cali pull-backs soon!

You know, i had the problem too, getting my pant leg stuck on the kickstand wire, back in the day. Almost dropped it a few times. But since i broke it off in a corner, it doesnt happen anymore. B)

I reccomend removing the wire. Just take the bolts off, and then snug up some 6x1 screws into the holes for looks, if you care.

Ah yes back in the day ... hooked my flares over the kick start on my B100P and down we went. On another occasion ripped the same strides from ankle to knee after they snagged on a footrest when pushing the bike home from some mishap or another.

I'm running the Buell lowered foot pegs on my G11. You can adjust the gear shift to work fine, but it does make the brake pedal even more obscure. Figured the brake wasn't up to much anyway, until I read somewhere on here that someone's dropped theirs through over enthusiastic application.

When my pal first got his G11 and I was still Bandit mounted I found it quite amusing his announcing another successful exit from a roundabout with a blast of the horn. I only get confused with mine when I've been using high beam as well - I really don't like that as a toggle switch.

Back