Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

TLM Guzzi Tour Cancelled

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Meldrew, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Just received an email this morning, due to the uncertainty of the pandemic and the booking of hotels etc the tour has been cancelled :cry:. Don't know if the Mandello celebrations are still going ahead, hey ho, maybe for the best till things get back to some semblance of normality.

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Ugh. Thanks for posting.

3. Meldrew

Got this reply from a fellow Guzzisti, things certainly not looking good for the Mandello celebrations think I'm Gonna give it a miss this year till things calm down and plan for next year hopefully, his reply "my other half lives in northern italy around 200 kms from the Guzzi factory i speak with her dailey
    in the northern regions of Italy most areas are now under condition ORANGE but 4 and 5 hundred italians are STILL dying daily from Covid regardless of what the press may report ,it is not over most definitely
    as in parts of the uk there are plenty of italians wandering around and gathering in groups outside bars restaurants etc without masks those people of course instinctively know they aint going to catch it ,! and make it WORSE for everyone .
    Italy is extremely SLOW in vaccinating its population it is only currently that people in the 50 -60 age group are being started to be vaccinated and again many think once they have had that injection they wont get covid! so
    MASKS OFF! ,
    , untrue that one , vaccination just helps the body's immune system to deal with it you can STILL catch it ,
    therefore just like any where else large gatherings of people are going to be frowned on, and not allowed i wouldn't personally start making travel plans for this one in September because again it can all turn RED again in northern in italy by then ,regards ,

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks for the info... this is a note from another customer... "I am in London now, Left India just a week before it locked down. In fact I’d left London October 25th 2020, a week before London locked down, so I’ve been lucky. Always flying to a ’non locked down’ place just in time. I will likely only get back to India after the current hullabaloo has blown over. The press reports are MASSIVELY overblown and with a political agenda. I have personally taken many trips on my Guzzis out of the city (Bangalore) and can confirm that 5 KM outside any large or medium-sized town in India there is ZERO Covid. I can send you several videos to this affect as well. Let your friends know."

I don't know what to believe any more. ;)

Mayakovski likes this.
  5. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Not unexpected, but still disappointing. We'll apply for our refunds from TLM and put the money towards an independent trip.

Remaining optimistic, we've just booked an apartment on a 'free cancellation' basis for 3 nights near Valbrona, 15 miles - 1/2 hour from the factory. Understandably, there's no reasonably priced accommodation available in or near Mandello.

Map.jpg

Mayakovski likes this.
  6. Meldrew

As much as I would like to go over, there is still the uncertainty of transiting through the various countries and what is required covid passport/quarantine etc. Some former work colleagues have family in the Mandello area who say that things are still pretty grim but the municipality apparently want to push on with the celebrations. I get the impression that this is more to do with the loss of revenue to the local economy as opposed to the health of attendees. Or is that just me being cynical.

Raven likes this.