• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

To turn it OFF

dale decrescenzo

Tuned and Synch'ed
So I've been thinking about moving the front wheel rotation sensor to the rear wheel. This should result in keeping the ECU happy, and act as if i have turned off the traction control. I know that I will loose the ABS function, but i can live with that better that that dang traction control shutting my engine off at the WRONG times..

anyone else out there in guzzi land attempt this ?

What? I’m sorry but that’s the absolute craziest thing I’ve ever read here.

Do not do that. It won’t work.

I don’t know which model you have but I’m pretty sure you can turn the traction control off manually on all V7/V85/V9’s that are equipped with it.

Did you look in your Owner’s Manual?

If you don’t have one, Enzo the owner of Cadre Cycles, has them all available for free download on his website. Google Cadre Cycle.

Last edited:
Oh
What? I’m sorry but that’s the absolute craziest thing I’ve ever read here.

Do not do that. It won’t work.

I don’t know which model you have but I’m pretty sure you can turn the traction control off manually on all V7/V85/V9’s that are equipped with it.

Did you look in your Owner’s Manual?

If you don’t have one, Enzo the owner of Cadre Cycles, has them all available for free download on his website. Google Cadre Cycle.
Oh, surely you have heard crazier. Well, maybe not. LMAO. I have got to stop reading forums. My mind can’t take it anymore.

The line between crazy and genius is a blurry one...
It is not possible to turn the track control off on an 2018 V7iii, just a setting between 1 and 2.
And i have had and an issue with this twice, while trying to cross a busy 2 lane road, half way through and the engine shuts off !

so i don't think that this is so crazy, if i move the front sensor to the rear, they will ALWAYS see the same wheel speed, thus the control program should never decide to turn the engine off (for safety) when i need it not to be off. (for safety)

The line between crazy and genius is mitigated by getting some semblance of humility to go with all that bravado of yours, and READING THE OWNER’S MANUAL…

Traction control does not shut the engine off!

Either something is really wrong or your description is inaccurate.

Also,

You are WRONG.

The traction control system can most certainly be turned off.

It’s right inside the Owner’s Manual I asked you about earlier. Black and white, clear as crystal.

You have to turn it off every time you turn the ignition on as it defaults to reset and engagement every power up.

24B813FB FC4C 4192 86B3 0EECC242BA63

Also, the system MUST BE RECALIBRATED whenever a tire change occurs.

This is also in the Owner’s Manual.

You’re welcome.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:
Traction control does not shut the engine off!

Either something is really wrong or your description is inaccurate.
well, I think that is does, in-fact.
The first time I became aware of just how the Guzzi functions, was with a front tire change, without preforming the "calibration" process defined in the manual (yes I have one)...
It appears that if the front wheel speed sensor is not returning a fast enough pulse, the CPU will cut off the ignition briefly. Once that was corrected I had no issue, unless I am trying to get across a busy road, if the front lifts just slightly, the CPU cuts the ignition (briefly). This is not a good thing..

I am beginning to feel that you don’t want or care about the answer to your issue and are more bent on arguing. I’m not going to indulge you any longer.

The MGCT can be turned off on every single model it is on, including yours.

Turn it off. Go ride it. If your motorcycle no longer tries to reduce throttle (which is a million miles from “engine shuts off”) at traction loss, then you are exactly where you wanted to be.

MGCT reducing the throttle when lifting the front wheel, is expected. If that’s how you roll, then turn off the MGCT every time you start the bike. It won’t do that any longer. It’s simple and easy.

Last edited:
It is not possible to turn the track control off on an 2018 V7iii, just a setting between 1 and 2.
As Scott noted... it absolutely is 100% possible. Push and hold the start button for 2-3 seconds when running, and it goes to 0. Annoyance is that it must be repeated every time the key is turned off/on.

You can also turn TC and ABS off by removing the fuse the powers it. Simple and permanent until you decide to reactivate it.

I did not see such text in the manual.
Good god…

You don’t stop do you?

I put it in the photo above that I posted when I told you that you were wrong.

Open your eyes and READ.

Look where the red highlighted “disabled” is. Keep reading at the “@@“. It tells you right there, how to disable it.

That is straight out of the manual.

Sib

Wouldn't that cause the dash to light up like a Christmas tree telling you that there was an ABS/TC fault???

Still I know a solution for the OP

Sell the bike with the new fangled electronics and buy one from the 1990s - problem solved;)

How about…what I said.

Just disable the traction control at the startup. Takes 3 seconds. (What an insufferable inconvenience, I know.)

Then, the ABS will still function which is an excellent safety feature.

Unbelievable.

:tmi: :banghead:

Sib

Wouldn't that cause the dash to light up like a Christmas tree telling you that there was an ABS/TC fault???

Sell the bike with the new fangled electronics and buy one from the 1990s - problem solved;)
No, your dash wouldn't light up like a Christmas tree, not even like an unlit Christmas tree.

Sib

This is the best idea I've seen in awhile.

If the sensors rings on each wheel Were identical and there was a place to accurately mount the Sensor - There is no reason why it would not work…

But are they ?

No, your dash wouldn't light up like a Christmas tree, not even like an unlit Christmas tree.
That's surprising.
So in normal service if the ABS fuse blew the bike wouldn't tell you that you had lost a significant safety feature on the braking system??

Back