• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TO Vespa

Fair enough. Given my location (Burbank), in warranty, & how well they have treated me, I have plenty of motive to want to use MGSO when I can.

Bob and I have both been satisfied by the TO service. I am concerned by what should be warranty work coming down the pipe, but maybe my concerns are unfounded until I actually go there.
Perhaps I am cooking my Christmas goose before It's hatched. :silly: :silly: :silly:

The last time I walked into SO; Dave ran out, gave me a big hug
then tossed me the keys to a souped-up Vespa for a test ride.
I still take the MP3 there for regular service. No problems.
When it comes time to sell, the stack of receipts will help.

Dave and I had a run-in a while back.
Upon review, it was mostly my fault.
My crazy has a way of bringing out the crazy in others.
Life is too short for the negative stuff.
I'm doing better at quieting my inner a-hole.
I make an exception for FGO/EldoJon.
He likes me that way...

Just dont think for yourself, and you will have no problems with dave.

but be ware, according to him, changing my oil voids my warranty, so make sure he does it.

Those who know me know that I am plenty capable of thinking for myself. Moreover, Dave well knows that except for the very first service, I change all my oils & adjust my own valves. Despite that he has taken very good care of me on my warranty issues, & on one of them went well above & beyond for me. I gather your experience has been different, but mine is what it has been.

Everything is what it is. We are lucky to be in either Burbank, Chatsworth, or Camarillo and now have two independent MG dealers close by.

Bob has been fortunate to have a wonderful experience with David. Some have not. Oh well

I don't wrench. I am functionally illiterate when it comes to anything mechanical. I've been very fortunate that my bike has bee been rock solid since Dave, from Santa Barbara, set up my bike 3 years ago when I purchased it from it from him.

Taking my bike back to Dave for servicing only gives me an excuses to to take the long way to SB.

Regardless of one thinks about David (SOVespa), we are way luckier than 75% of MG owners that don't have ONE dealer within 25 miles.

Thus far, he has denid EVERY warranty claim i have had, threatened to void warranty against the law, "informed" me that all bikes pop like crazy on decel and not to worry about it, told me that undershooting idle and dying after blipping the throttle isnormal, failed to balance throttle bodies both on initial setup as well as first service, and more or less told me to go bite the floor after approaching him about it.

perhaps you should read through this thread.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=28927.0

I love the part where he chimes in and sinks himself. TWICE.

the TO store went under. im not sure if he just got bored with it or what, but i certainly LIKE to think this nonsense had something to do with it.

Space, I'm not saying he isn't a putz. He is. All I'm saying is some folks have had success with him. You, a few others, and I have not.

Spaceclam said:
the TO store went under. im not sure if he just got bored with it or what, but i certainly LIKE to think this nonsense had something to do with it.

Somehow I doubt that the TO store "went under" unless you believe that his business was so awful that he had to open a second larger store to survive. Does that make sense?
David has been in the Automotive business pretty much forever. I think that somehow he will struggle on with the SO store.
I never had a service issue so far but I am a little nervous about a cracked catalytic converter. Since I live 145 miles away and the logistics are a little bit tricky just now, it may be a while before I find out whats up.

I just hung up from talking to Jameson in TO. All the tools and service records went with David. Jameson now is starting all over again with reordering the specialized tools he needs and will get things going Guzzi related in the next few weeks. Records wise... Well forget it. I hope I can find my last service invoice.

it shouldnt matter.

NO lack of maintenance will cause a catalytic converter to crack, and if he requires service records for that.... then i guess we are back to square one.

"david has been in the automotive industry for almost forever"

i can picture him in my mind, selling used cars, made in countries that dont exist anymore.

Spaceclam said:
it shouldnt matter.

NO lack of maintenance will cause a catalytic converter to crack, and if he requires service records for that.... then i guess we are back to square one.

"david has been in the automotive industry for almost forever"

i can picture him in my mind, selling used cars, made in countries that dont exist anymore.

Now now theirs nothing wrong with Yugo is there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed, crack in catcon should be honored as a warranty item no matter whether or not any service has been done, it's irrelevant to items on service schedule. If the bike had been in a crash, or after market components fitted that might possibly have stressed the catcon that might be different. Pretty sure those don't apply in this case.

TO store did not go under, Dave sold it so he & his wife could work in one place, & he felt the SO spot was better for him for several reasons. If you have any evidence to the contrary, lets have it. Moreover I've seen a hell of a lot more customer traffic at either the original TO location or the SO spot than I saw the one time I dropped by the new TO spot-which was just about deserted. That doesn't necessarily reflect badly on the new owners, after all they just took over & then moved it, plus the owner of the old location apparantly won't let them post a sign with their new location, but it does suggest they are going to have to find a way to get some customers in there or be prepared to lose a crap load of $.

who is the new owner? who is the tech?

I have a warranty issue that needs addressing, and i would REALLY like to not have to pay to fix it myself again.

If you modify the crap out of the bike and crash it a time or two then the warranty is kaput. Think of it this way...If you buy a car and jack up the engine to 500 HP and go drag racing then go back to the dealer and cry that the turn signal don't work. I don't think that you will get a lot of sympathy.

point is, i would really like to know who the new owners are, because i would like to establish a good relationship with what i hope are friendly people. I havent modified the crap out of anything, yet. Just stuff like license plate holders, bar end mirrors, plug guards, mostly irrelevant stuff. Oh, and an aftermarket slip-on exhaust.

but when a kickstand fails of it's own accord twice, when a weld is unfinished and reaks havoc on the 02 sensor, when my midpipe cracks as a result of normal use, or my rear wheel rim is bent from someone installing the oem tires, i expect it to be fixed. even if i removed the factory rear fender because its ugly.

Yes, my rim has an outward bend in it, presumably from a tire iron. The guy who changed my tires for the first time noticed it in the pre-changing inspection, and informed me before i left the store.

he also (maliciously) stalled my insurance process by trying to charge my insurance company a lot of money to look up the cost of the parts i needed after my bike was knocked over in the parking lot. he wanted like 10% of the total price of the parts or something, i forget exactly. since my carc was scratched when it hit the ground, that would be on the order of $400 to look up parts. My insurance company was pissed, and so was I.

Don't know who the new owners are, but they own the car lot on which the now bike shop is a building off to the side. Seems to me a new can might, maybe, possibly bear some relationship to a cracked "midpipe" derived from the mounting of the new pipe if, say, it was overtightened or didn't fit properly. Also might be a problem re the dinged rim if it was not noticed on delivery. Rims can be dinged by riding over road hazards, even speed bumps, for sure. Not saying yours was, but it can & does happen all the time. It's happened on both my older Guzzis, & they look like an "outward bend" as you describe it. You sure yours wasn't created that way,or just assuming it was there on delivery? Maybe you can post a picture of the ding. If this wasn't noticed until the first tire change, as I am interpreting what you say, then that means you didn't notice it for several thousand miles. Also possible that adding aftermarket electronics (I gather you didn't, but others do) could effect your ECU, etc, and/or make warranty claims in that area more difficult. One reason I wouldn't do so while my warranty is still in effect. Might (or might not) do so afterwards.

Where is the car lot? what's the name, or some way i can find them?

the cracking mid-pipe is a documented problem, the pipe fits great, and weighs 10 lbs less than the original. i have a hard time imagining that less stress caused the crack. stainless gets brittle when it gets to hot, and the pipe is pretty blue, likely the result of poor initial welding or EGT too high. in either case, it's a known issue.

I dont really want to argue specifics anymore. Im glad you had a good experience. clearly, the force is strong in you.

Back