Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Top speed hit on your Guzzi

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Corn Oil Kid, Jan 2, 2014.

1. iainw

iainw Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm impressed!

2. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Took 3 years of effort and about $30K.

This year should be interesting. Got me some Mike Rich "Glue and screw" heads, built a new exhaust, & a different Megacycle cam. Dyno shows abot a 40% increase in HP at the crank.

Tons-0-fun!

Alex

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Alex,

As you know every HP or mph is expensive. I believe Jason Pridmore compared his GSXR race bike (several hundred Ks invested) to an off the show room GSXR and the difference in lap times was only about 2 seconds.

4. Supaflee

Supaflee Cruisin' Guzzisti

Yesterday while out riding I had the opportunity to give my 1993 Lemans V 1000 a bit of a handful . Lovely long straight of about 3 K's , no police , warm afternoon , no traffic , just me and Mrs Guzzi .
    At one stage the speedo clock was showing 210 KPH , from memory the rev counter was 6500 , I cant remember whether I was in 4th or 5th . Probably 5th I reckon .
    First time I've done that speed on this bike , wow she sounded cool , the inlet tract really screams at those revs , with my head just a little above the screen .
    Supaflee

5. TalkingGriso

TalkingGriso Tuned and Synch'ed

Just saw an indicated 125 on my G12. I backed off before he did.

6. Carl Allison

Carl Allison Cruisin' Guzzisti

I had a Sigma bicycle speedometer on my Sport 1100i so I'm hoping the speed was closer to reality than the stock unit on the bike. On Patterson Pass Road near Tracy, California at the 90˚ turn by the Tesla substation to the curve, 20mph -> 134.1mph -> 35mph in 1.4 miles. Fastest I've ever been. Not likely to go that fast again. Fear of speeding tickets predominates.

7. iainw

iainw Cruisin' Guzzisti

I guess the best way to get a pretty accurate reading of speed is to use GPS, either a satnav or down load an app for a smart phone.

I've checked the Guzzi by an app on my phone and up to 40 mph it's reading 5-10% fast, it's a bit difficult to hold it bang on and there's a couple of seconds delay in the calculation on the phone. At 70 and 80 mph it's arounf 3-5 mph faster than the GPS reading. My Alfa Romeo can be set on cruise control which makes it a whole lot easier, and reads 5% faster than GPS up to 90 mph.

Iain

8. Supaflee

Carl , I dont understand your figures . I dont want you to go do it again , I just dont get the meaning of your numbers .
    Betcha it was fun anyway .
    Regards Supaflee

9. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Supaflee, quick acceleration from out of one curve ( the 20 to 134.1) then a quick braking to get down to 35 for the next curve. All accomplished in 1.4 miles. Pretty good run in anyone's book.

10. Supaflee

Thanks JZ .
    Now it really makes sense . I wish I knew the piece of road , it sounds like fun .
    Just like music, when you practice it and know it well it's beautiful , but dont ever play a wrong note .
    Regards Supaflee

11. jiltedjohn

jiltedjohn Cruisin' Guzzisti

90 mph in first gear on my 06 Griso.....................................then I woke up

12. Stevie

Stevie Cruisin' Guzzisti

Went for a spin Saturday and briefly saw an indicated 136mph. :D

13. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

1978 V50/II - 106 indicated. I was slipstreaming a Goldwing Owners Club however!

1995 1100 California - 105 indicated. REALLY struggling at that - I'm sure that bike just wasn't running right.

2008 Griso 1100 - 130 indicated. I do this regularly, I stop when the RPM hits the red in top.

To be honest, 130 is good enough for me. I remember being on the FZR1000 at an indicated 171 when the oil light came on!

14. johnno

johnno Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I remember once waiting at traffic lights and looking down at speedo on griso and it reading 182 mph :?

15. FrostBittenCanadian

FrostBittenCanadian Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Just saw this thread... Hit 160+ kph ( 100-105 mph) 2 up with the bags loaded. ( careful in Ontario, 50 kph over and the vehicle is seized and your suspended). Did see 349 kph though at a stop light with a wet sensor

16. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

I hit 117 indicated on my Cali 1400 Custom before I ran out of road.

17. SgtCrump

SgtCrump Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Recently saw 137 on the Griso (8V SE) speedo....at 7500 rpm....flat road, no wind.....didn't go back the other way to average....good enough for me.....
    Mine is a Todd Special....

18. DC950

DC950 Just got it firing!

however fast a LeMans V engine with an SP gearbox and rear end will go on the back straight of Road Atlanta at 8000 rpm with me in a flat track tuck.

It would still pull nicely at 8k but I could never bring myself to go over that, visions of blown engines and me crashing and all that.

19. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That's about 140mph. I've done 7700rpm in top on the back straight at Seattle Pacific Raceways. Approx 135mph.

20. not-fishing

not-fishing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I'm old, take to long to heal and don't care about top speed. All I know is by my G11 is faster than my old 400f and will scare the Bejesus out of me in fourth gear.