• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Top speed Small block 750

I took my V7C to 95 mph, but had to stop because I couldn't handle the headwind. I still had throttle left.
Hopefully a fly screen will solve that and I can find the real top speed.

pete roper said:
Depends on how deep the mineshaft is, how well greased the bike is and the strength of the following wind.... :mrgreen:

Sorry....

Pete

You forgot the size & weight of driver :evil:

Someone will claim unrealistic speeds. If lucky you'll do the ton. Otherwise count on 150 kmh met on the GPS as a realistic number. Met on the clock - much faster. :*

"Someone will claim unrealistic speeds. If lucky you'll do the ton. Otherwise count on 150 kmh met on the GPS as a realistic number...."

or about 93.2 MPH for us metrically challenged folks. Sounds about right to me...maybe more if you have little compassion for the screaming little lump.

I'd think Kitze would be your man for this as he's apparently turning his V7 Cafe into a track day machine. He must have done some speed testing at some time to have an idea about engine tuning, etc.?

I got my large block 750 to average 125.457 MPH over two runs with no flyscreen and no non-production apearing modifications. Density altitude was above 7,000 feet. I can't see why someone couldn't do that with a small block using non-production apearing modifications such as fairing and/or non-beer guzzling rider... :shock:

Alex

I do hope we're talking modern EFI Heron-head 48.someting hp standard smallblocks here. :huh:

The Chief took her '04 Breva 750 to 160km/hr (100mph) indicated on the straight at Phillip Island into a headwind. It wouldn't go faster.

I have had my V7C up to 98 MPH on the clock, but had to back off to get back in line. I believe it would have gone over a ton with no problem :D

Bill

:? Its not about the top speed it's more about keeping her on the boil in the twistys :shock: .Now thats a challenge :twisted: :woohoo:

Once, on one of those long deserted roads out in Arizona, the countryside was so flat that there was nothing a cop car could hide behind, so I let rip. with hardly any wind, and a very slight downward slope, I got 88 Mph, with nothing left to twist.
OK that was 2 up and the full touring bags, so I suppose with a single rider and no bags, close to a ton, should be possible.

Take Care Out There

MGM, Are you and yours coming to the USA this year?? Will we see you in Michigan again?? Hope all is well!!!

Brian McCall

I have run my V7C an indicated 105/106 mph laid out behind the windscreen, fairly good tail wind, so I'd say 100 mph would be about right.

Dave

Back