• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Toronto

Hi Andrew ( checked profile to see if your name was listed). I'm Doug , I'm in Etobicoke actually and I have a Stelvio which I aquired earlierthis year. You wouldn't happen to have a red Griso would you? I spotted a red one last week turning onto Yonge st. just north of Sheppard?

Hi Doug, I guess that's me who you saw. My office is near Sheppard & Yonge and I also live in the area. I have only seen one other MG in the city and that is a black Griso that usually parks on Yonge north of Lawrence near the Loblaws store. Btw, congrats on the Stelvio.

andrew

Hi Guys. My name is Bruno and I'm in Etobicoke as well. I've got a black 2007 Griso which I purchased in September of 2007. I was torn whether to change the stock exhaust because I didn't want to mess with the look but I just changed it and revealed the true Guzzi sound. Am I happy or what?? The unit I chose really fits the bike well. The video/sound quality is pretty bad, but you can hear it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFkNZDmB ... xt_from=PL

Let me know if you guys want to hook up and exchange some adventures of Moto Guzzi ownership. I've got a few beauties.

Thanks Andrew, now if I can only find enough time to ride the damn thing, Iwork nights in the summer so basically I spend the summer exhausted,lol. I just started riding again this year after a 17 year absence and riding a 500 lb. plus bike in daytime traffic pretty much sucks, oh well there is weekends. Gotta get some serious mileage on it and get done with the break in nonsense. You do any long rides on your Griso? where'd you pick yours up?
Doug

Hi Bruno, Nice sound on that pipe. What make of pipe is it? I haven't got many adventures as I've only had mine since Mar/09 , but I got a feeling they're coming, I'm game. Where abouts are you in Etobicoke I'm on the southern end of Royal York I guess. I've been Keeping my eye out for other Guzzis but so far the only ones I've spotted are Andrews on Yonge, an 850 LeMans on Scarlett rd. and a 750 NTX in Italian police markings on Leslie st. about a month ago. The guy who runs the dealer where I picked mine up tells me it's owned by a guy with a collection of all kinds of unusual ( for this country) old Guzzis.
If your into Coffee some sunday morning or something let me know.
Doug

Hi Bruno/Doug, I got my griso at the end of April also after a 10 year absence from bikes. I used to do observed trials so I know what you mean about riding a 500lb bike in traffic; I can't wait to take it perhaps on the 407 on an early Sunday morning...

Did you also have the clanking noise with the gearbox because of the missing washers in some of the models? I'm all for coffee but it's better for me after the 24th of this month as I am tied up on a couple of things at work. I used to live just East of the Humber River so I'm somewhat familiar with the area, unless you're coming downtown.

Andrew: No strangely enough ( in light of some of the posts on here) I've had no issues (knock on wood) with my Stelvio except for some stumblimg below 4000 rpm, annoying not serious. A remap of the Throttle position sensor seems to have taken care of it for the most part. Had the cam recall done and thats it. No clanking evident from the clutch. Where did you get your bike, how do you find the service? Coffee after the 24th works for me man.
Doug

I'm at Islington and Eglinton but zoom all over the city from Oakville to Ajax. If you guys are meeting up on a Sunday morning just send me a PM.

Purchased my bike at Vespa Vaughan in Woodbridge but have been forced to go to Motoretta Eurosport in Leaside for warranty service. Motoretta's service leaves much to be desired but there isn't much selection for qualified Guzzi technicians on this side of the pond, even though there are a half dozen dealers within riding distance. The bike is running perfectly now and I hope it continues to do so for a while.

Bruno

Good, get all organised and everything — there's a good chance I'll be visiting some childhood places in Canada this autumn. With my mom, but I do hope to be able to get away a bit, and/or maybe even rent a bike...

Hmmm,Interesting what did you find with Motorettas service? I went to that place in vaughn when I was looking at bikes , but they acted like I was trying to shoplift one,so I thought screw you and left. Funny about Motoretta though , lately I've been getting a very bad feeling about their service.

I bought my bike at Envy Rides in Mississauga (near Mavis and Dundas) but once I found out about the clunking noise I brought it to Motoretta Eurosport as is just a 15-minute ride from my place. I was worried that something mechanical was wrong so I did not want to ride 40Km to Envy.

Motoretta's service was very disappointing. I left the bike with them for a few hours and basically handed it back to me untouched except for some sort of sync'd that they performed, not sure what. But as far as the clunk was concerned, they wouldn't say a word about what could possibly be wrong and I got the distinct feeling that they were very afraid to open it up, as if the mechanic were not qualified. Once I found out in this forum what it was I took it to my dealership and they were very helpful.

The service department at Envy Rides called back within the day to tell me exactly what was wrong with it (Moto Guzzi had released a bulletin saying that in some models there were 2 washers missing in the gearbox but nothing to worry about). This is exactly what the other riders in the forum had said. So they suggested to pick it up, enjoy it for the summer and bring it in at the end of the season when they will look after it once they're not so busy. But in all, the service staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Now I won't mind riding all the way to Mississauga to have it serviced.

It seems that there's only 2 authorized Moto Guzzi dealers in Toronto but if you know of others let me know. I'd like to see some accessories, particularly a case. The griso can't hold anything other than the small toolset under the seat! Is the Stelvio the same? Btw, where do you buy your gear?

What was the issue with the RPM's? Lately, I found that with a hot engine and as I disengage the clutch while changing to the lower gears the RPM's go up to about 2000 for a few seconds and then drop to 1000 as I come to a stop. Didn't happen before the guys at Motoretta had the bike so I wonder what it is they actually synchronized.

When we meet I'll let you enjoy the clunking!

You're everywhere RJ, maybe we'll see you in the fall. Andrew: Are you talking about the 4000 rpm or less surging that I was experiencing on my ride? If so, held at a constant throttle setting below 4000, there was a surging that would annoy the f*** out of me. When I had it in for service I was told the Throttle position sensor was out and it had to be remapped(?). Seems to have pretty much cured it. I was also told it had the latest fuel map already. Funny, I was told by one of my coworkers that him and his friends ( Jap, sport bike riders ) that Envy were out to lunch, but then again him and his cohorts don't know their collective asses from the proverbial hole in the wall when it comes to mechanics. I picked my Stelvio up from Mottoretta and as far as dealing with them sales wise I am very impressed. Service; I'am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I have very limited patience with shitty mechanics and service. I ran a Helicopter service center for 14 years and have been a helicopter mechanic for 20, unfortunately I tend to be able to tell when someone is pointing at something shiny and saying look over there! You know what they say 'Ignorance is bliss' Hopefully no one will think I'm as stupid as I look. Ha!
Doug

My experience with Motoretta has been nothing short of brutal. They are the "Flagship" dealer in Canada and look every bit as much when you enter the showroom but the service is pathetic. I brought my bike in four times to repair an oil leak that it had from day one which was getting progressively worse. The story went like this....drag wife on 30 minute trip to dealer to drop off bike, get a ride back home, get wife to drive me back to dealer to pick-up bike, dealer says everything good now, get back home to discover I still have the problem, repeat, repeat, repeat. These guys where utterly incompetant and destroyed the little confidence I had in them.
I tried the dealer where I made the purchase and these clowns were even worse. The idiot tried to hoist my bike with a Vespa lift!! I quickly grabbed my keys and ripped out of there.

At the start of this season I enlisted the help of the fine folks here at GuzziTech and they did not disappoint. I shouldn't be doing my own repairs to a bike still under warranty but I felt like I had no choice. Check out the thread below for details.
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 0311#10547

Thanks for suggesting Envy rides Andrew, hopefully I won't need to but I might give them a try if needed. As more and more Brevas, Stelvios, Norges, V7's and Grisos roam the boulevards here in Toronto, maybe the technicians will improve.
In the meantime....life is good on the Griso.

Bruno

TPS is basically a potentiometer, from what I understand. I'm not sure why there's drift on its reading, but there tends to be, and that has to be compensated for in the ECU parameters, from time to time.
That's also about the only thing one really needs something like an Axone (or the VDSTS that Todd sells ;)) for, for regular service that is.

CheersRJ, wow Bruno I'm starting to get that sinking feeling. I figure there is one more shot if I find stuff like I did last time I'm going to have to come to the same conclusion.

Andrew: Sure, if we can make it work for all I'm game... Fri. no good for me, Tomorrow's ok (get up at 6:eek:opm , work at 10:30pm). SAT/SUN no issues till back at work at 10:30pm! Doug

Workdays I'm ok after 5:30pm, Weekends pretty much open so let's do it at a time that doesn't mess up your wake up hour. Fyi, I'm at Yonge & Sheppard and I'm also open to whichever coffee place you prefer.

Back