Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

TPS Reset and Tuning nessesary after cannister removal?

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by renman, Mar 17, 2013.

1. renman

renman Just got it firing!

I am seriously considering removing the cannister from my 09 Stelvio to make some room for aux wiring for horns and lights. I have most all the tupperware off already, and since I am here, I thought why not. My question is after the cannister removal, would I have to retune the bike, such as TPS settings etc. I have read all the posts i could about the procedure but am unclear that additional tuning is necessary. My bike was running flawlessly before i put it up for winter, so would removing the canister change the tune?

Cliff

Edited for clarity.

2. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

3. renman

Thanks Dan.

4. renman

Two other questions. The Instructions for the 2012 cannister removal; are they the same as for the 2009 ? Also, the vent line that runs up the left hand side of the fuel tank; where does it terminate? The right rubber hose has a clamp and an obvious nipple to reconnect with on the plastic that attaches to the top of the fuel tank. For the life of me I can't find a nipple/connector for the left rubber hose, and it doesn't even look like it was ever attached to anything. It has no deformity to the end of the hose and as i said there is not clamp. What am i missing??

Cliff

5. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

The body panels are different, vapor recovery system is the same.

The parts book show the the vapor and spill tubes configuration without the charcoal can. The dump tube is up front, you may want to relocate it to the rear to discharge behind the trans as shown in the diagram.

Both hoses connect to the gas cap frame bolted to the tank. One connects to the high inlet for vapor and the second connect to the spill trough.

6. renman

Okay, but what I am saying is that the left rubber tube looks like it was never connected at all given that the vent nipple on the gas cap frame is larger than the inside diameter of the left hose, and the left hose shows no indication of ever being attached. )size distortion, clamp, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I will sort it out as i put it back together this week.

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

If that hose is up by the airbox it is probably the transmission vent hose. Leave it disconnected.

8. Toadride

Toadride Cruisin' Guzzisti

If I remember correctly, the left side one or the cap drainage one is smaller than the tank vent at the fuel pump. Irregardless, just strip out all the vent tubing making sure that you connect between the TBs with a single piece of tubing (keeping it away from the cylinder cause mine was touching and melted), and have them run down just in front of the rear wheel between the frame and engine. Then your good to go. Oh, and the 'tipover' valve? Just something else to clog up. Dump it. :D

9. renman

Thanks again for the timely reply Cruisin' Guzzista. Will do. Can't wait to get her back together again since spring is just around the corner. New horns, bright aux LED lights, and a cannister removal! Life is good. :cheer:

Cliff