Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Traction AK20 vs. Matris for 1400

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by slobyk750, May 25, 2020.

1. slobyk750

slobyk750 Just got it firing!

I have a 2016 Eldo and wanted to know if anyone out there has installed either of these cartridges in their bikes. I am thinking of upgrading but wanted to know to what degree of improvement over stock is exhibited. I have dealt with Traxxtion in the past and they are very good and will get the cartridges to me much quicker than the Italians. As a lower cost alternative is Racetech springs and gold valves which I have installed on several bikes in the past. They improve the forks approximately 30-40% in my estimation. Do you think the upgrade was worth it? Thanks

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You are posting on a website of which I am a dealer of both brands. I choose to give the nod to Matris as they are drop in with no fork modifications necessary, and I can get them in 7-10 days, built to order for your weight and riding desires. I’ve installed many of them personally and at my workshop, and I find them worth every penny. Hope you’ll read the paragraph in red above if you haven’t already.

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  3. slobyk750

slobyk750 Just got it firing!

Todd, I was under the impression that the Matris took a lot longer to get. If that is the case of 7-10 days that might just be the ticket. I will have a decision by tomorrow. And by the way the bar risers are great! Thanks, Peter

Mayakovski and GTM® like this.
  4. SEG

SEG Tuned and Synch'ed

I have the Matris F12S front fork cartridge kit, and it was definitely worth the cost. I saw a significant improvement with performance over the stock front suspension.

GTM® likes this.