• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

...trade or keep?...

gdp

Cruisin' Guzzisti
...My 09Stelvio, is running great, after a few anxious moments (new cams and followers under warranty..God Bless you MG).... So...getting antsy to trade for a new Stelvio, or, run this one and enjoy......I realize no one can answer this for me, I just needed to throw it out there...I welcome any and all opinions...TRADE OR KEEP?

Depending on finances, go for the new one. I'd say there are enough refinements to make the switch. Besides, since you asked the question, we know that is what you want to do.

john zibell said:
Depending on finances, go for the new one. I'd say there are enough refinements to make the switch. Besides, since you asked the question, we know that is what you want to do.
....we know that is what you want to do......er...uh...I was afraid you'd say that.....my dealer has that bronze that catches my eye every time I drive by.... keep you posted.....

To me the only change worth any real $$$ is the larger fuel capacity. If that was really important to me, I would have thought about it more myself. But it just isn't THAT important to me.
I'm holding out for another couple of years for when they have roller lifters and ????.

I think it is depending on how much out of pocket the trade will cost? If it is less than $5000.00 I might consider the switch? There are a few refinements other than a larger tank. A 2013 will be worth more longer than an 09. Some of the money outlay can be recouped when and if you sell it.

How bad do you want burnt orange or lava black?

Vivo

Ah, the lure of the new model year! :twisted: IMO if you have you current bike set up the way you want, it is running great, paid for, then why be lured by the new model year unless money is of no concern. If you do make the trade, then before you know it the 2014 will come out with some new feature and there you go again, wondering if you should trade up one more time.... Just sayin....

oceanluvr30 said:
Ah, the lure of the new model year! :twisted: IMO if you have you current bike set up the way you want, it is running great, paid for, then why be lured by the new model year unless money is of no concern. If you do make the trade, then before you know it the 2014 will come out with some new feature and there you go again, wondering if you should trade up one more time.... Just sayin....
.....THANK YOU MAN!.....EXACTLY the answer I was WANTING to hear from someone...This thing is running GREAT...has loosened up a bit...and feels stronger...maybe it's the winter cold air...but regardless...my new mirrors and turn signals came in.................roller lifters ehh?.....ha

1: the new Stelvio doesn't come in Red.

2: The Quill exhaust transformed the bike.

3: After 100 miles or so I like to stretch my legs (I'm 60) and scratch my bum (I'm English...) so why not at a fuel station.

4: my 2009 is way prettier than the 32 litre monster, and has a natty pocket in the tank too...

5: A bird in the hand (while it's till running fine) is worth two in the bush

6: Get the rocker covers powder coated black.

Dude, there is nothing prettier than an orange 13 NTX......well of course unless one counts the tenni green Griso. :D

My 2009 is running well, broken in, equipped like I want it, bags, rear CARC vent, Russell seat, new shock in the rear and heavy fork springs in front .... no way am I "Keeping Up with the Joneses" by giving this one away at wholesale and buying a new one at full retail (which is exactly what you do when you "trade")!

Guys are all about "Hey, pal, my **** is bigger than yours". In this case it's "tank", but the implication is still there.

Let 'em go!

Lannis

It's funny. When the new NTX first came out I was thinking maybe I should trade up too, but dammit all, I love my 09. We did a 3 week cross country trip this year including a trip up to Alaska, and the bike (actually, bikes, the Stelvio and the wife's Griso SE) perforrmed flawlessly. I added a couple of Rotopax for any fuel issues and only needed them twice (and probably could've squeaked it out). After that, I decided that I really don't need the newest version if I'm only doing it for fuel capacity.

Besides. I love my glove compartment.

I'm getting close to 40,000 miles on it now and it seems like it's just coming in to its own. I'll give it up when they pry it from my cold dead hands. :mrgreen:

StelvioinBC768x576.jpg

...I think I see the light....this thing too is loosening up at 28000 miles....appreciate everyones input.....it's up to 48 F...think,I'll fire this little baby up....ha...

WitchCityBallabio said:
It's funny. When the new NTX first came out I was thinking maybe I should trade up too, but dammit all, I love my 09. We did a 3 week cross country trip this year including a trip up to Alaska, and the bike (actually, bikes, the Stelvio and the wife's Griso SE) perforrmed flawlessly. ****

Your wife rode a Griso to Alaska and back ... from Massachusetts ... and you are still married?!?!? ;)

Bill

They've got twenty years on you and over ten on me Bill. :D

I actually find the Griso to be a superb mile-eater. I just wish I still had mine in the US. Even though it was that crappy red colour...... :p

Pete

Bill Hagan said:
WitchCityBallabio said:
It's funny. When the new NTX first came out I was thinking maybe I should trade up too, but dammit all, I love my 09. We did a 3 week cross country trip this year including a trip up to Alaska, and the bike (actually, bikes, the Stelvio and the wife's Griso SE) perforrmed flawlessly. ****

Your wife rode a Griso to Alaska and back ... from Massachusetts ... and you are still married?!?!? ;)

Bill

She burns pretty big miles on the G. She loves the thing like a child. She didn't put a windshield on it either cuz she didn't want to mess up the pretty lines of it. :lol:

Here it is in full touring mode in the Teton's. :lol:

a3919ff5-048b-4a66-bd50-f0498705c3cb.jpg

During the last couple of days of the trip we were burning for home and popped out back to back 700 mile days and she was fine.

It's an easy bike to love. I've done a few 600 plus mile days on my Griso. Those were on secondary roads with a handfull of stops to sight see too.

Do these bikes really loosen up at 28000 plus miles? I hope so,because mine already feels great with only 5000 on the clock.They used to say that about the GS,but that just seemed to get more vibey as it approached 50000 miles,certainly didnt get smother or use less oil.Great photo of the Griso with the mountains in the background!

Back