• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Traveling to Mandello Del Lario

Great!
Did you see the guy on the right hand side in the house - if I remember correctly
I tried to find him, but there was no one around. Lots of other materials and photos up in the little courtyard and the surrounding area. I was able to look through the metal fence showing where Ripamonte built the first Guzzi. Perhaps my next trip here I will have more opportunity.

Thank you so much for giving me the hint to that location. It added greatly to the historical part of the trip.

I tried to find him, but there was no one around. Lots of other materials and photos up in the little courtyard and the surrounding area. I was able to look through the metal fence showing where Ripamonte built the first Guzzi. Perhaps my next trip here I will have more opportunity.

Thank you so much for giving me the hint to that location. It added greatly to the historical part of the trip.
Hey you...
I’m sure you’re back… Any pictures to share or did I miss your thread..?

My California is getting ready for our summer trip!
Big shout out to my brother for getting my “Nutcracker” seat fixed… Seat base broken and it just hurts getting smooshed front and rear after 1 hour driving..

Attachments

• CD5B904C-7AB8-4B64-B047-F4A654421BE9.jpeg
    CD5B904C-7AB8-4B64-B047-F4A654421BE9.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1B820ED3-0A79-404A-9599-509F056AAA61.jpeg
    1B820ED3-0A79-404A-9599-509F056AAA61.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 7
Hey you...
I’m sure you’re back… Any pictures to share or did I miss your thread..?

My California is getting ready for our summer trip!
Big shout out to my brother for getting my “Nutcracker” seat fixed… Seat base broken and it just hurts getting smooshed front and rear after 1 hour driving..
Been too busy to upload the photos. Amazing trip. Life Changing.
Heading out for a long weekend, will add more and pics when I get back.

Just wanted to add a few notes for others who may see this thread in the future, as I was also up here on my ride across Italy this summer:

Lecco - Whether you're coming on two wheels or by train (the best and second best way to travel Italy), you'll probably pass through Lecco. Near the train station is a pizzeria called Rustica. Not only is it very well priced, but the owner and chef was once ranked the second best pizza maker on the planet. Some of the best pizza, foccacia, and more you will ever have in your life, and it's all available al taglio (by the slice, as in, to go).

Mandello - COVID seems have to changed the schedule for the museum tours and no one really seems to know for sure what's happening. People in town told me the tours were only on weekends. My local (Canada) Moto Guzzi dealer told me that their contact with Piaggio Group told them there are no tours since COVID. The guy at a gate on the other side of the factory told me "Meet me at the red gate at 3 pm, I'll let you in." You're definitely going to want to reach out in advance to figure out exactly what is happening, and when, because everyone has a different version.

sam-at-the-moto-guzzi-museum-scaled.jpg

She was happy until she saw the bathroom lol

Museum bathroom warning - Fair warning, for some reason the bathroom in the museum is still from the second world war, aka, there are no toilets to sit on, just the hole-in-the-ground kind of toilet you'd expect to find in rural China. I was shocked by this, not because I have delicate sensitivities, but because, as a former marketing professional, I thought Moto Guzzi would want to put their best face forward to customers... or, you know, at least have toilets... Strange... I toured across all of Italy and this was the only place that had hole-in-the-floor bathrooms with no toilet bowls. Very very weird.

20230523_170443-jpg.31899

Mandatory red gate picture

Agostini - Was not getting time of day from anyone. Maybe they were busy when I showed up. Maybe they saw me pull up on a BMW GS and thought I was "one of those" tourists. All I wanted was to buy a t-shirt for my Moto Guzzi mechanic buddy back home lol. Nicer bathroom than Moto Guzzi though, so, there's that.

lake-como-motorcycle-ride.jpg

I know, I know, not a Guzzi, but, this was my bike's parking spot every night, with a nice view of Lake Como.

Milan - My ex girlfriend is in the fashion industry and her sister's a flight attendant, the two of them have travelled the world, and especially the fashion hub cities of the planet. She said to me "Milan is just another metropolis, you already live in one, don't waste your time." I asked an Italian friend and he used the same word. "It's a major metropolis." so I avoided Milan altogether. Only had 25 days in Italy. So much to see. I already live in a 3 million person city, don't need more of that unless it's somewhere like Rome or Naples.

Other than that I'd say, stay five or ten minutes up the road in Lierna or Olcio and you'll be rewarded with nice views, quieter stays, less price, and it's still just a quick blast down Via Statale for a few minutes to the red gate.

Last edited:
Lol, traveling in France the “W2” at the Père Lachaise cemetery had the hole and a foot print on either side.

”were not wasting any time cleaning up after Tourists, Luigi get the mop !”

Lol, traveling in France the “W2” at the Père Lachaise cemetery had the hole and a foot print on either side.

”were not wasting any time cleaning up after Tourists, Luigi get the mop !”
Yeah they're definitely out there... but I was surprised that, the Guzzi Museum, which should be like, Mecca, for the Guzzisti, isn't somewhere the company would have spent a few thousand euro for a bathroom renovation so that some of their most loyal fans could have a more, let's call it, 21st century experience? lol

the Guzzi Museum, which should be like, Mecca, for the Guzzisti, isn't somewhere the company would have spent a few thousand euro for a bathroom renovation so that some of their most loyal fans could have a more, let's call it, 21st century experience? lol
It’s in the works…

It’s in the works…
Four years for a new bathroom is a long time to hold it. We have guys in the south that'll do a bathroom reno in four days lol

Four years for a new bathroom is a long time to hold it. We have guys in the south that'll do a bathroom reno in four days lol
So you don’t understand Italia time yet eh?! ;)

From IG just now below. They ain’t too proud.

IMG 6073

Back