• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Travelling to The Alps

Zapa

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Me and a friend will be leaving town this Sunday all the way to The Alps. Thirteen days from 2nd to 14th to enjoy my Guzzi (and he his Royal Star Venture).

Our route:
Pamplona-Grenoble-Aosta-Montreux-Gstaad-Luzern-Hospental-St. Moritz-Innsbruck-F

I was in Aosta 2 year ago. Nice place. Italian, and yet not. Be sure to avoid the tunnels going there, if the weather allows! Also, if you have time there, visit Valgrisenche, leave the bikes somewhere, and hike up to Mario Bezzi's Rifugio. You'll be rewarded with great polenta grassa with venison, and the hearty local red wines ;)

Have a good trip together Switzerland is a beautiful country, just watch your speedo...

many beautiful passes I rode over the years and this was just one of them.

Hey Zapa - definitely wach your speedo - to make sure it's pinned to the stops as much as possible :eek:hmy:

Plenty pics please, been a long time since The Minister and I were in that part of the world.

Thanks for the tips guys :) I'll take lots of pics for sure.

I won't be able to watch my speedo though. The GPS cup sucker is held on it!

Que tengais un buen viaje, envieis unas fotos, y sobre todo que no os den calambres con el acelerador!

Zapa we hope pictures, here and in spanish forums also ;-). Good trip.

Zapa wrote:
I won't be able to watch my speedo though. The GPS cup sucker is held on it!

Your call, but I'd suck it someplace else unless your GPS can show speed as easily readable. You'll be riding through places where you'd probably want to keep under a certain limit to avoid certain souvenirs. Annoyingly, that'll probably exactly there where you need the GPS most

Hehehe yeah RJV, the GPS (Becker Traffic Assist) shows the real speed. That's why I place it over the speedo. It's been that way for about 10,000Km of my 25,000 total in this bike. Rock solid and accurate too :D

We are carrying proper maps and also a netbook with AutoRoute for when the map's scale isn't enough.

In fact my travel partner is carrying his own GPS and he's usually lead. Maybe that's why we get lost so often, hehe -not that we care to get lost anyway ;)-
The best use I've given to mine is for night travelling. It's a good thing to see the bends ahead in unknown lands.

No os preocup

Well, of course it shows the real speed (although not necessarily much more accurate than the bike's estimate from the ABS sensor). My argument was about how easily it can be read in a glance.

And of course you won't get lost with a GPS. That is, it knows where it is, but most of the time, all you'll see is your position on a very small part of the map. I find that when I follow what I call the electronic carrot hanging in front of me, I have little idea of where I am unless I stop to zoom out to see place names

Bought a Becker Crocodile for this years trip, and I absolutely HATE it. Cannot be set to avoid motorways!!! :angry:

But, otherwise if the GPS is set to navigate to a goal for the day, you can go in any direction and take any interesting road, and then at the bitter end be lead to the goal set anyway.
At least that's the way I use it.

And on that before mentioned SOB I can't read the speed without reading glasses......

Bed time gentlemen. We leave tomorrow at 6AM. Bike is tuned and loaded.

Next stop, Grenoble. 950Km give or take. :D

Brian UK wrote:
Make sure your GPS does not have speed traps in its database - not liked by the traffic police in Switzerland.

Don't know of any GPS's which hasn't that useful feature.

(Holt, did you wash your avatar too hot? :silly:)

yeah, I read about that the other day. Wonder if they really enforce that, esp. against people passing through. I think I can deactivate the feature on mine, but I wouldn't know if I can wipe the data and then hope to reinstall them!

1471957082_a27924f524_o.gif

Back