Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Tube with no talc - should i worry?

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by guzzisti91, Feb 23, 2019.

1. guzzisti91

guzzisti91 Tuned and Synch'ed

I just installed a new front tyre without applying talc to the tube. It appaers the shop that fitted the metzeler didn't, either. However, the tube is a heavy duty michelin airstop about 4mm thick with a metal valve & the rim itself is knurled. Should i be worried? I completely forgot about this when i installed it yesterday, but now i just sold my car for scrap

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I never use talc when installing a tube. Just inflate the tube before installing the second bead and make sure the stem is centered. After seating the beads with air pressure, allow the tube to deflate and reflate about 3 times so it settles into place.

guzzisti91 likes this.
  3. guzzisti91

guzzisti91 Tuned and Synch'ed

That's strange, i did just that. I couldn't install it any other way. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019