RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Turn Signal Issues

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by edchavez, Feb 10, 2019.

1. edchavez

edchavez Just got it firing!

Hello!

New to the forum and Moto Guzzis in general! Just got a 2000 V11 Jackal. The turn signals were working fine, and I changed out the bars and now neither side works.

•When I switch the signal to the right, the light on the dash lights up dimly. But the actual turn signal bulb doesn’t.

•However the light on the dash nor the actual turn signal lights up if I try the left turn signal.

•Both bulbs look fine, and I’m not sure where to start in diagnosing the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you!

2. Param

Param Just got it firing!

may be start with clean up of the handlebar switch , and the flasher relay to check it receives power when hanbdlebar switch is in On position in both left and right position
    thank you

3. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Looking at a wiring diag, the front ground for turn signals, dash, lights, clocks comes from a black wire on a 10pin plug on frame under fuel tank. On the 10pin plug from L/H switch there is also a ground wire (black). For positive, the blinker(flasher) supplies power through center post on L & R switch.
    So looks like you stressed a wire in either the plugs or handlebar L/H switch
    Service manual in downloads has a wiring diag in it. Check your work.

Brian UK likes this.
  4. guzzisti91

guzzisti91 Tuned and Synch'ed

How ironic! I had a very similar issue with my '02 Nevada! I took out the flasher can & here's what i found... 20190217_004259.jpg

As you can see, the shunt wire fried, causing the indicators to stop working properly. This was after a long trip & trying new indicators. Any 3-pinned flasher can will do - they're dirt cheap. However, you may not like new rate of flash, so i ended up picking one off an old AU falcon & it worked perfectly.

5. guzzisti91

You could also try replacing the shunt with some fuse wire if you can get it open & you're good with a soldering iron....

V700Steve likes this.
  6. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I don't believe in coincidence. If something stops working just after you changed things, then it's almost certain you have done something to stop it working. Check all the connections, make sure nothing has been pulled out.

V700Steve likes this.
  7. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Interesting ... Does a similar flasher module exist in a V7iii? Thus far I've been led to believe that the flasher is all completely integrated into the dash/instrument cct board.

8. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

No, that Cali dash is analog cept for lectric tach.

9. pseudo LM

pseudo LM Just got it firing!

I just had a similar indicator fault, with an added headlight malfunction with my '74 850T, I replaced the flasher unit with a generic unit from an auto parts store, then buggered around with a multimeter for a day, weird things were happening, until I placed a jumper lead from the headlight shell, to earth,,,everything worked again (sometimes it's the simple things in life ?)

10. guzzisti91

Hmm, bad earth. Reminds me of my automotive pre-voc training course, where they induced one & challenged us to find the fault

pseudo LM likes this.