• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Two-Up on a Griso

Bill Hagan

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
Don't plan too much of that, but wondering what your better halves think of riding pillion on a Griso.

Let's avoid GVWR issues. Kathi's not the ... erm ... problem.

Simply curious about your spousal (or other) unit's observations about the joys and not of riding the back of a Griso.

Kathi has about 5K or so on the EV and a bit more on the Norge and is a skilled second-seater, i.e., other than falling asleep back there and cracking her helmet against mine just when I think I am making Valentino Rossi jealous :whistle: , is almost "not there."

FWIW, she finds the EV fine, and the Norge grand.

Thanks.

Bill

Jude much preffers the Mana. Apart from the fact the seat is less than stellar for a pillion she feels a lot more comfortable with a backrest. Interestingly Eldo Jon's Brenda loves the Griso AS LONG as it has a backrest! Kathis is leggier than either Jude or Bren though so the footrests might be a real issue. Dunno really?

ake her out for a ride and see if she disembowels you with a blunt chopstick when you get home. That usually tells you if its OK or not! :lol:

Pete

My wife greatly enjoys the back seat on the Valkyrie Interstate but I wouldn't even ask her to try the Griso rear seat.

All the best to you Bill, you're a brave man!

Mark

I just checked with my wife about this. I remember that at first she said she was pretty happy with the seating, but now she's rather negative. Says it's ok for 20 minute trips, but not for long ones. She likes the T3 much better (and has been on long trips on that one).

Unless, she said, the woman is "thin as paper."

neither myself or wife are slim, the wife has been on back of Griso about 3 times, she would prefer i didn't lean over....a bit more practice required.

Many thanks for the commments.

Pretty much figured that would be the case.

Had been trying to decide whether to ride the Griso back to Atlanta in June to take Kathi on it to the "South'n Spine Raid Eight," http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17176.

Had been leaning (sorry) toward having her meet in Tellico Plains with the car. Think I was leaning correctly. She can handle the day ride in the area on Saturday. ;)

Even tho some of the roads out here "in the Other Milan" really are fine, am looking forward to the Griso losing its virginity in the real hills of Tenn., N.C., and Georgia.

Bill

My wife is very comfortable on the Griso... tho she only has other sportbikes to compare it to.. with the SV650 being the second most comfy. I'm sure the comfort pales to the sport tourers. But she does get to stretch pretty evenly with the tank mileage.

Also don't know if it matters.. but she's short.. about 5"2 ish... so her legs are not that cramped up on the pegs.

I have taken a number of pillions on my Griso, taller ones do note the legs are a little cramp'd, shorter people to be honest have loved it with no issues, comfort being fine, distances on the back ranging gtom 300km through to just over 500km in the day. I am just under 6ft and all my passengers have been a little shorter than that. More often this has also included a full loaded kit of gear for two.

No problem, and I have made no adjustment to stock settings of susspension.

So far, any female that has been on the back of mine were enthusiastic and comfy...
Even after a whole day riding. :p

I like the question "What do I hang on to" :evil: :evil:

First time mine got on the Griso she said "i like the old one better". The old one is now single seat :evil: , her bad :p

My wife's good with it. Neither one of us are spring chickens, I'm 62, she's 54. She got on pretty well with our Speed Triple too, but the Griso's much better. She's only 5'3" and the ergos fit her well. We do 200 mile days frequently. We also have an '06 Tiger 955 which is better for both of us, but the pillion especially is wider and more deeply padded on the Triumph. She's pretty critical of passenger accomodations, so her getting on with the Griso speaks well of it. She hates backrests which make her feel claustrophobic and is quite different from many pillion passengers in that respect. Ironically we had neglected the possibility of owning a Griso simply because it looked like it wouldn't work well and we were both surprised when we first test rode one (which is the one we now own). Shoulda tried one out sooner!

My wife has given up riding her own bike and occasionally rides behind me on the Griso. She is 5'7" and trim and says that the legroom leaves quite a bit to be desired. After 30 minutes, she feels the effects of the seating posture. I sent my seat to Russell Day Long on Monday of this week and am having a double, custom seat made. After I sent it via UPS and emailed the order & pictures to them, they contacted me and said that business was much better than usual for this time of year and that my production date was going to be April 15th.......so don't send the seat yet if you want to ride your bike. Too late! When I get the seat back in April, I'll post some pictures and give you our impressions of how well it works for the passenger. I have owned over a half dozen, Day Long Saddles over the last 43 years and they've always done the job. The only difference with this even though we're going to make the passenger portion a little taller, the peg location on the Griso may continue to be a problem. The fact that the exhaust pipe will pretty much prohibit any modification on the left side for more length due to the possibility of burning her leg or catching her boot on fire. I'll deal with that once we determine how much good the seat does for her.

My wife is very happy on the back of my Griso and says it is comfortable.
I did have to add a rack - that provided grab rails for something to hold on to.
I use a Hepco Becker rack and sometimes put a top box on there - this is an old HB Junior but with a squab fitted for back comfort.
I had a potential customer, with his wife, in the shop looking at a Griso earlier this week and they agreed that it needed a rack, or grab rails, for the pillion.
If he buys it will have a HB rack.
Gordon

Byłbym szczęśliwy gdybyś mógł dodać zdjęcia siodła po przeróbce.Moja żona ma również ok.170cm wzrostu i kiepsko jej się ze mną podróżuję na oryginalnym siodle Griso . Dziękuję

I would be happy if you could add pictures of the saddle after the modification. My wife is also about 170 cm tall and she doesn't like traveling with me on the original Griso saddle. Thank you

I have taken pillion numerous times on the Griso. the seat is not the most comfortable, and can get a bit sore after a few hours. Done a few trips to motorcycle rallies, up to 3-4hrs few hundred km's
She is a smaller being. But experienced motorcyclist.

Back