Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Tyres for Griso

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Matias, Jun 17, 2013.

1. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Just got it firing!

Wellll,
    I just got my Griso a couple of months ago. I installed Dunlop Q3's last week. I like them.
    But I don't have enough info to talk about how well they last.
    Now that I have good fresh tires I can finsh fiddling with my suspension adjustments.
    Whoo Hoo.
    My rear shock is fairly overwhelmed by how much time my wife rides with me.
    I have been trying to convince her that this problem is easily solved with enough Cubic Dollars.
    But she prefers that I spend money on the V65 for her to drive.

DungeonMaster

2. Ad B

Ad B Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi,

I managed 7000 km (4375 mls) with the origional Metzeler tyres.
    After that I bought a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.
    The metzelers gave me not that 100% save feeling. They slided a bit to easy, to quickly with me.
    The Michelins didn't slide at all iwith my driving style. Okay, maybe very sometimes a few inches...
    Or like last week in Italy, when I drove onto the striping on the middle of the road.
    But these were a bit slippery, they looked a bit plastic.
    The bike slided of the stripes :eek: and went on like a rock...
    Also in the rain, they give you a save feeling. I drive carefull in the rain.
    And milage? Very, very good.
    I have now driven 11,500 km (7200 mls) with them and still going on!! B)

Ad B

3. wyno

wyno Just got it firing!

I've got about 5000km on the Michelin PR3's now and they feel really good. Lots of feedback in the rain and they grip really well on a dry road. They inspire confidence and I've been pushing them harder than I ever could with the original tyres. I only got about 10,000km out of the originals, but I'm hoping for about 5000 more with the MIchelins.

4. Ya Mingle

Ya Mingle Tuned and Synch'ed

Michelin Road pilot 4. GT on the back, as harder in the middle for heavy bikes.
    Got 20,000ks out of the front, though totally munted. 10,000 out of a Road Pilot 4 rear, had a flat spot in the middle partly due to 2 up through summer. Expecting more from the 4 GT. Overtaking the hogs round the bends brings a smile to my face.... :cool: Metzlers were sticky, but wore quickly.

farmboy460 likes this.
  5. Bald biker

Bald biker Just got it firing!

I have been very happy with the Q3s and now the Q3+

6. farmboy460

farmboy460 Tuned and Synch'ed

Personally I like the Michelin pilot road four tires much better than the three's. They now have a pilot five that might be worth a look. I have the four's on a 1100 sport and the three's on a Centauro the four's feel like they are glued to the pavement in comparison to the three's

7. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Guys, tire threads go no where... it's all opinion, and YMWV.

All but the newest Griso have had terrible suspension specs (and even the new isn't great). If you weigh over 170 lbs in gear (solo) the suspension is abysmal. Replacement shock and fork kit will transform the bike. Been saying this for ~10 years now. ;)
    Yes, cubic $'s is correct, but fair enough on that last statement.

8. Ya Mingle

Just fitted some Michellin Road Pilot 5's to the griso.
    Off to Queestown next week (3500ks), so will give my thoughts on return.
    (Mid March).
    New tires always feel great, though tires pumped to 34/36 (2 pounds above norm for RP4"s)and
    felt very firm returning from shop in showery weather. (2hr ride)
    Will add more next month.

9. Ya Mingle

P.S. Got 12500 ks on the pilot 4's. Still 3.5mils of tread left on both, though changed for the South Island tour.
    Shop said they would hold the old tires for spares.

10. Don Barrie

Don Barrie Just got it firing!

Hi YM,
    Can you tell me how the Road 5’s have worked out for you. My stock Metzelers that came with my 2017 Griso are almost done. Don’t ride 2 up much but do ride in all conditions and do lots of touring.
    DB