• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

WitchCityBallabio wrote:
While in Wisconsin, someone should try to schlep it over to the "Mother Church" of MG Cycle in Albany. I'm sure like me, many owe Gordon and Rick for all they do to keep our old and new iron on the road.

Someone in your family a Christian Scientist? Thats the only "Mother Church" I've ever heard of.
Will be stopping at MG on the way to Oquawka.

A couple of photos uploaded of the trip from SWMO to Milwaukee. Raining here today but have big plans for the baton tomorrow.

ccoli wrote:
WitchCityBallabio wrote:
While in Wisconsin, someone should try to schlep it over to the "Mother Church" of MG Cycle in Albany. I'm sure like me, many owe Gordon and Rick for all they do to keep our old and new iron on the road.

Someone in your family a Christian Scientist? Thats the only "Mother Church" I've ever heard of.
Will be stopping at MG on the way to Oquawka.

Actually I'm in Boston where the actual "Mother Church" is, so naturally as a good New Englander, we've grabbed the term and applied it to anything that we're interested in. :laugh:

So who wants the baton from here? It will be at the IL rally this weekend with ccoli, otherwise I can't move it west until next tuesday.
Ken

I'm able to take a day and pass it on from Wisconsin through Minnesota.
Anyone in the Dakotas or Nebraska that can keep it rolling towards the Northwest??

ccoli wrote:
A couple of photos uploaded of the trip from SWMO to Milwaukee. Raining here today but have big plans for the baton tomorrow.
Got'em Chris, updating everything as I write as well. Any photos from St. Louis, north? Where in WI did the baton sleep while at rest?
Also, do me a favor and let me know of the current donation standing in the logbook (and envelope?). The online fund has been at a standstill lately.

Look forward to updates and photos from you. Nice job folks!

YBFAST wrote:
I'm able to take a day and pass it on from Wisconsin through Minnesota.
Anyone in the Dakotas or Nebraska that can keep it rolling towards the Northwest??
Adrian, please try to contact:

MGNOC Minnesota Rep
John Ulrich
3992 Stonebridge Drive North
Egan, Minnesota 55123
ph. (651) 686-8816
mn.staterep>at<mgnoc.com
webpage: http://minnesota.mgnoc.com/

Also, there is no current listing for any Reps in North or South Dakota. Anyone here?

I will doing some photo shoots during the Illinois rally weekend. Then I plan on taking it for at least a day around town here in Illinois. Then i will pass it along to the Minnesota group before midweek. If someone attending the rally this weekend from Minnesota would like to discuss baton exchange arrangements we can do so then. Thanks.............

Tim Smith
Northern Illinois rep.
815-732-3883

The baton should be at the IL rally tomight. I went as far as MG Cycles with Chris, who then went on to the rally.
Some pics at: http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll83/ksiegel7/relay/

No, we did not drink and ride, nor do we recommend it. The bottles were just props in the picture.

MGCycles.jpg

KenS_MilwArtMuseum.jpg

:woohoo: Ah, I see Gordon has straightened up his desk since eye was there last.........You can actually see the key board now.:laugh: My wife & I will be heading toward the rally site come morning hopfully before the rain starts . I can already taste the bbq roast pork and fixn's awaiting us at the trails end.........Yummy !:p More later..............

Tim in Illinois
rally bound

Great shots Ken! Take it you couldn't upload them to Picasa?

Have a great time of it this weekend, guys/gals... look forward to photos and updates on Sunday/Monday.

Honestly, I don't know what Picasa is. Keep in mind I'm a musician. I can write a good song, but I don't work with computers very well. I only learned how to upload pics because Pete Roper did.

I can pass it on from Minnesota to... ? Looks kinda barren for riders in the Dakotas but I'm willing to travel towards Montana or Wyoming if anyone can meet along the way. Otherwise, how about the Great White North of Canada? We can run it up to Ontario or Manitoba if someone is heading West from one of those Provinces.
Hate to see it "dead-end" in the Midwest:blush:

The baton was received by yours truly this weekend at the Illinois rally passed along by Wis. Rep. Chris Collins. After doing a few photos in the middle of the night under the shine of the bud light. The baton moved around the rally sight smiling for everyone who wanted to pose with it. After the Saturday evening meal I somehow mangaged to convince former Minnesota rep. Earl Cleven, I think some alcohol was involved or maybe from too much bbq pork, but I can't remember, to hustle it back up north and keep the baton moving. So, if there is anyone out there that wants to get involved contact Earl Cleven {507-456-0656 or Minnesota rep. John Ulrich {651-686-8816 for the next move.
Todd, I have some pictures to sort out and I'll get them to you shortly........

Tim in Illinois

In order to leave Minnesota & move West... someone needs to be willing to take it:dry:

Sound off everyone. There's gotta be Someone in the Dakotas, Nebraska, Wyoming or Montana willing to meet.

Its starting to feel like all roads dead-end in Minnesota:p

YBFAST wrote:
In order to leave Minnesota & move West... someone needs to be willing to take it:dry:
Sound off everyone. There's gotta be Someone in the Dakotas, Nebraska, Wyoming or Montana willing to meet.
Its starting to feel like all roads dead-end in Minnesota:p
I hear you. I just sent a note to Ryan Christensen in Sioux Falls, SD (new Griso 8V owner). Hopefully he'll check in here soon.

Spread the word folks!

Adrian, can you give me an update on the logbook and any IRF donations, PLEASE? -- and is the Google Progress Map correct?

RacerX wrote:
Adrian, can you give me an update on the logbook and any IRF donations, PLEASE? -- and is the Google Progress Map correct?

Not in my hands yet Todd:p
J.U. MN MGNOC was ready to upload data when the site went down. I'm sure he will shortly. I'll update as soon as I have a direction to travel and my hands on it;)

YBFAST wrote:
Not in my hands yet Todd :p
J.U. MN MGNOC was ready to upload data when the site went down. I'm sure he will shortly. I'll update as soon as I have a direction to travel and my hands on it ;)
Ah, OK... very good. I'll be awaiting updates ASAP from him. I see the photos online, which is good, but a few words for the blog are as important. Adrian, assume once you get it in your hands, you'll help me out. ;)

:) Looks like we will get into the Dakotas and it will make its way to the Kansas Rally. From there... its Westward again!! WOO HOOOO

Details to follow

YBFAST wrote:
:) Looks like we will get into the Dakotas and it will make its way to the Kansas Rally. From there... its Westward again!! WOO HOOOO. Details to follow
Great! Will be awaiting details... however Kansas from the Dakotas seems to be in the wrong direction. Wyoming or Montana would be better... unless it will go that way after the KS Rally. We're nearly 30 days out.

Back