Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GTM®, Nov 6, 2008.

1. rocker59

rocker59 Cruisin' Guzzisti

We made the handoff today... Just after 10am I arrived at the square in Bentonville to find Steve Walker and Jim King awaiting my arrival...

Here is Arkansas MGNOC Rep Steve Walker preparing to make the handoff:
    [​IMG]

The official handoff photo:
    [​IMG]

Jim, Steve, and I with the baton. Thanks to a nice passer-by who said he'd take our picture:
    [​IMG]

We decided to make the handoff at Walton's Five and Dime. A pretty historic place on the Bentonville Square:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Bentonville I decided to head to Rogers and take the twisty AR-12 East to War Eagle Mill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

overlooking War Eagle Creek:
    [​IMG]

From the mill it was more twisty Arkansas roads home to Fayetteville:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

where friends were awaiting my arrival in my pool:
    [​IMG]

So here the baton sits until the 18th when I head West to Colorado!

a map of my ride home from Rogers to Fayetteville

2. swalker

swalker Just got it firing!

Great Pics Mike,

Enjoy your run with the Baton...

Steve

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I was going to post to ask what was going on with the baton... and man, look what I missed! (A little frustrating when no one contacts me direct.)

Mike, great rallying... nice, thanks. I didn't see the official map nor Google pics updated, so I (wrongly) assumed nothing happened.

Is there any way you can upload to Picasa for me, and revise the map? Details are on the main page at the bottom; http://nationalguzzirelay.com/

Any itinerary for the National to post here, so that perhaps you can have someone join/or hand off to? Sam, can you get it into Texas?

4. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

Come on Guys and Gals let's get that injured rider's fund added to, to at least match last years effort. Todd I just sent another donation.

5. GTM®

draidt wrote:
    Please! Got it Dan thanks. Again.
    Folks, if everyone that came in contact with the baton (as requested) put in even a small donation, we'd be hundreds higher then we are currently.
    MGNOC Rep Sam Walker is sending me half of their 50/50 from the Rally... KUDOS!

p.s. Relay Blog/Chip-In Page updated; http://guzziirf09.chipin.com/guzzi-inj-riders-fund

6. RandyP

RandyP Tuned and Synch'ed

Todd & Dan Raidt.......
    OK>>>>OK You shamed be into doubling my original donation.

Randy Peterson :dry:

7. sbaker

sbaker Cruisin' Guzzisti

RacerX wrote:
    Hi Guys.. I am almost completely out of time. I have to be in NYC all next week, I will leave Dallas Wednesday, but I have to be in the office Monday and Tuesday.. If someone would meet me within about ~ 100 miles from Lewisville TX, I would be happy to pick up the baton next Sunday the 21st, and then transport it up to the Rally.. I intend to leave Dalas Wednesday, through Amarillo, Texline, Raton and then on to the Rally...

214 535 0916 if you think we have a chance!

8. rocker59

RacerX wrote:
    Todd, I went to nationalguzzirelay.com and tried to update the map, but couldn't make it go... I didn't see where to upload pix, so I just linked them here...

My itenerary is to leave Arkansas for Denver on Thursday, the 18th... It's going to be in the 90s on The Plains this week, so we're "iron-butting" it to Denver via US-412, I-35, I-135, I-70.

I may try to stop by Erico in Denver on Friday...

On Saturday, the 20th, I'll be riding in the Colorado Classic 1000. http://www.coloradobeemers.org/content/view/41/44/

Wednesday Evening should find me camping at the rally site...

If someone between here and there would like the baton, I'll be glad to hand it off. Otherwise, I'll see you in Salida next week !!!

Mike

9. GTM®

10. rocker59

RacerX wrote:
    Sorry to seem like such a luddite, but I've logged onto the map a couple of times and don't see how to edit it and add the pins.

There are no immediately obvious instructions on how to do that, so I'm not going to burn any more time trying to learn how.

If someone who knows how to mess with these links wants to do it, the handoff was made in Bentonville, Arkansas and the baton is currently sitting in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The pics I've linked from my SmugMug are not locked, so they can be copied and downloaded/uploaded by whomever...

The baton will be headed to Denver on Thursday via Tulsa, Wichita, and Salina...

See y'all in Colorado!

11. GTM®

Heh, if you got Google to show us a route, that's a tough one on it's own. No worries, just spent the last 30 minutes transferring everything over. Thanks again Mike! Hopefully someone along the way will want to take and run with it... either way, hope to see you in Salida.

12. rocker59

Well the storms in Kansas earlier this week have now been replaced with heat !!!

I'm heading to Colorado in the morning and will get to enjoy some 100 degree weather in Central Kansas !!! :(

Should be in Denver by suppertime, though, where it's supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow !!!

I'll check in in a day, or two...

13. GTM®

Mike, safe travels. Can you do me a quick favor, and post any/all new donations noted in the logbook/envelope here?

Also, can you keep me updated from the road in any fashion? E-mail, photos or even a phone call will do. I want to try and keep the map updated as you go. TIA.

14. wistah_sean

wistah_sean Tuned and Synch'ed

Todd,

Are you going to post a list of contributers like last year? In fact, do you have last years list? I think I gave more this year than last, wish I could do more.

15. rocker59

RacerX wrote:
    I've been off the grid for the past few days, but here is an update of where the baton has been:

Kanorado on I-70. Thursday, 18 June:
    [​IMG]

Pikes Peak, Colorado. Friday, 19 June:
    [​IMG]

Crested Butte, Colorado. Sunday, 21 June after completing the 1000 mile/24 hour Colorado Classic. Yes, I carried it with me... B)
    [​IMG]

16. rocker59

Today we stopped by Erico, the Triumph/Ducati/Moto Guzzi/Bimota/Vespa dealer:
    [​IMG]

...and talked Andi, one of the salespeople, into posing with the baton:
    [​IMG]

Then we rode up to Mount Evans. Another Fourteener for the baton!!!:
    [​IMG]

17. GTM®

Thanks for the posts Mike... now to update everything, hmmm. Nice job of showing it around.

18. rocker59

RacerX wrote:
    I was able to start a new folder in the photo gallery entitled "Colorado!" I didn't get the mapped updated, however...

When will you be at the rally?

24 June. Arrival at the rally site;
    [​IMG]

19. rocker59

Three photos from today... The baton is now in the hands of Greg Field and will soon be on its way to the PNW...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. rocker59

So...

I've had the baton on the highest paved road in North America. 14,130 foot Mount Evans...

Who is gonna take it to Death Valley and get a pic at the lowest spot ???