• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

We made the handoff today... Just after 10am I arrived at the square in Bentonville to find Steve Walker and Jim King awaiting my arrival...

Here is Arkansas MGNOC Rep Steve Walker preparing to make the handoff:
557259579_GC3nu-M.jpg

The official handoff photo:
557259224_9dE4D-M.jpg

Jim, Steve, and I with the baton. Thanks to a nice passer-by who said he'd take our picture:
557259278_r7esq-M.jpg

We decided to make the handoff at Walton's Five and Dime. A pretty historic place on the Bentonville Square:
557259754_obmNL-M.jpg

557259800_HiJzR-M.jpg

557259798_vKAPe-M.jpg

557260009_vEUmg-M.jpg

From Bentonville I decided to head to Rogers and take the twisty AR-12 East to War Eagle Mill
557260249_8FRSr-M.jpg

557260213_NshiB-M.jpg

557260273_NdmoL-M.jpg

overlooking War Eagle Creek:
557260506_zmc9c-M.jpg

From the mill it was more twisty Arkansas roads home to Fayetteville:
557260756_3yUFM-M.jpg

557260787_EwYhh-M.jpg

where friends were awaiting my arrival in my pool:
557258816_zuAEm-M.jpg

So here the baton sits until the 18th when I head West to Colorado!

a map of my ride home from Rogers to Fayetteville

I was going to post to ask what was going on with the baton... and man, look what I missed! (A little frustrating when no one contacts me direct.)

Mike, great rallying... nice, thanks. I didn't see the official map nor Google pics updated, so I (wrongly) assumed nothing happened.

Is there any way you can upload to Picasa for me, and revise the map? Details are on the main page at the bottom; http://nationalguzzirelay.com/

Any itinerary for the National to post here, so that perhaps you can have someone join/or hand off to? Sam, can you get it into Texas?

Come on Guys and Gals let's get that injured rider's fund added to, to at least match last years effort. Todd I just sent another donation.

draidt wrote:
Come on Guys and Gals let's get that injured rider's fund added to, to at least match last years effort. Todd I just sent another donation.
Please! Got it Dan thanks. Again.
Folks, if everyone that came in contact with the baton (as requested) put in even a small donation, we'd be hundreds higher then we are currently.
MGNOC Rep Sam Walker is sending me half of their 50/50 from the Rally... KUDOS!

p.s. Relay Blog/Chip-In Page updated; http://guzziirf09.chipin.com/guzzi-inj-riders-fund

Todd & Dan Raidt.......
OK>>>>OK You shamed be into doubling my original donation.

Randy Peterson :dry:

RacerX wrote:
I was going to post to ask what was going on with the baton... and man, look what I missed! (A little frustrating when no one contacts me direct.)

Mike, great rallying... nice, thanks. I didn't see the official map nor Google pics updated, so I (wrongly) assumed nothing happened.

Is there any way you can upload to Picasa for me, and revise the map? Details are on the main page at the bottom; http://nationalguzzirelay.com/

Any itinerary for the National to post here, so that perhaps you can have someone join/or hand off to? Sam, can you get it into Texas?

Hi Guys.. I am almost completely out of time. I have to be in NYC all next week, I will leave Dallas Wednesday, but I have to be in the office Monday and Tuesday.. If someone would meet me within about ~ 100 miles from Lewisville TX, I would be happy to pick up the baton next Sunday the 21st, and then transport it up to the Rally.. I intend to leave Dalas Wednesday, through Amarillo, Texline, Raton and then on to the Rally...

214 535 0916 if you think we have a chance!

RacerX wrote:

Todd, I went to nationalguzzirelay.com and tried to update the map, but couldn't make it go... I didn't see where to upload pix, so I just linked them here...

My itenerary is to leave Arkansas for Denver on Thursday, the 18th... It's going to be in the 90s on The Plains this week, so we're "iron-butting" it to Denver via US-412, I-35, I-135, I-70.

I may try to stop by Erico in Denver on Friday...

On Saturday, the 20th, I'll be riding in the Colorado Classic 1000. http://www.coloradobeemers.org/content/view/41/44/

Wednesday Evening should find me camping at the rally site...

If someone between here and there would like the baton, I'll be glad to hand it off. Otherwise, I'll see you in Salida next week !!!

Mike

RacerX wrote:
Mike, Google Map direct link; http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 2872e703fc
Google Picasa pic upload (Upload button is top center once logged in); http://picasaweb.google.com/GuzziRelay09
*Username/Log-in for upload is: GuzziRelay09 -- Password: teammember -- for both.

Sorry to seem like such a luddite, but I've logged onto the map a couple of times and don't see how to edit it and add the pins.

There are no immediately obvious instructions on how to do that, so I'm not going to burn any more time trying to learn how.

If someone who knows how to mess with these links wants to do it, the handoff was made in Bentonville, Arkansas and the baton is currently sitting in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The pics I've linked from my SmugMug are not locked, so they can be copied and downloaded/uploaded by whomever...

The baton will be headed to Denver on Thursday via Tulsa, Wichita, and Salina...

See y'all in Colorado!

Heh, if you got Google to show us a route, that's a tough one on it's own. No worries, just spent the last 30 minutes transferring everything over. Thanks again Mike! Hopefully someone along the way will want to take and run with it... either way, hope to see you in Salida.

Well the storms in Kansas earlier this week have now been replaced with heat !!!

I'm heading to Colorado in the morning and will get to enjoy some 100 degree weather in Central Kansas !!! :(

Should be in Denver by suppertime, though, where it's supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow !!!

I'll check in in a day, or two...

Mike, safe travels. Can you do me a quick favor, and post any/all new donations noted in the logbook/envelope here?

Also, can you keep me updated from the road in any fashion? E-mail, photos or even a phone call will do. I want to try and keep the map updated as you go. TIA.

Todd,

Are you going to post a list of contributers like last year? In fact, do you have last years list? I think I gave more this year than last, wish I could do more.

RacerX wrote:
Mike, safe travels. Can you do me a quick favor, and post any/all new donations noted in the logbook/envelope here?

Also, can you keep me updated from the road in any fashion? E-mail, photos or even a phone call will do. I want to try and keep the map updated as you go. TIA.

I've been off the grid for the past few days, but here is an update of where the baton has been:

Kanorado on I-70. Thursday, 18 June:
570326162_LnV5S-M.jpg

Pikes Peak, Colorado. Friday, 19 June:
570325617_9a3sk-M.jpg

Crested Butte, Colorado. Sunday, 21 June after completing the 1000 mile/24 hour Colorado Classic. Yes, I carried it with me... B)
570325090_RgJ3M-M.jpg

Today we stopped by Erico, the Triumph/Ducati/Moto Guzzi/Bimota/Vespa dealer:
572420830_7wDJ6-M.jpg

...and talked Andi, one of the salespeople, into posing with the baton:
572434918_trki5-M.jpg

Then we rode up to Mount Evans. Another Fourteener for the baton!!!:
572420941_wCrgn-M.jpg

Thanks for the posts Mike... now to update everything, hmmm. Nice job of showing it around.

RacerX wrote:
Thanks for the posts Mike... now to update everything, hmmm. Nice job of showing it around.

I was able to start a new folder in the photo gallery entitled "Colorado!" I didn't get the mapped updated, however...

When will you be at the rally?

24 June. Arrival at the rally site;
MTaylor_BatonCO.jpg

So...

I've had the baton on the highest paved road in North America. 14,130 foot Mount Evans...

Who is gonna take it to Death Valley and get a pic at the lowest spot ???

Back