• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Re: U.S. Relay Team 2009

OK, plans for movement this weekend... sound off below.

I'm available to pick up the baton both this weekend and next weekend - whichever works best for Mark or anyone in the interim. The weekend of 8/15, I'll be coming to LA for my mom's 90th. I can ride down and bring the baton, if that is needed or wanted. (I would maybe have to sneak in a pic of my mom holding the baton, even though she wouldn't have a clue what it was all about. She's pretty good for 90, but doesn't get the whole moto thing.... She would smile for the camera, however!!)
Just let me know what's needed. The RC was born ready.....

OK, so perhaps I was a little premature on this, as I see the NorCal Dinner date is for Monday, Aug. 3rd. Jam, you think you can coordinate with Mark to grab it say next weekend? Downside to these dates are that Bill Ross is headed to the Salt about then I believe... which is OK I guess since it supposedly made it last year there... though I never got any photos showing it. :dry:

Sorry I didn't chime in sooner. I'm hoping to get the baton to two of the local dealers on Saturday and then bring it to the dinner Monday and either give it to someone there or wait till the following weekend and hand it off to Jamileh.

If you want to get it moving sooner, we can probably work something out.

The baton was on the move again today. The plan was to hit two dealers that are about 100 miles apart. Since Moto Italiano Capitola doesn't open till 10 I had time to stop for a photo at Johnny's in Hollister. The self-proclaimed birthplace of the american biker...whatever that means.

dscn2458.jpg

Met up with Jason at Moto Italiano. They are in the process of moving to a new location in Santa Cruz that will be open in about a month. Jason was kind enough to take me to the new location and show me around. He has 40+ Guzzis going back to the 30's and the new shop has a loft space where he can show some of them off. He's been fighting the city for 3 years over permits and paperwork but the worst is over and I could tell he was very excited about the upcoming move.

He just recently found this Guzzi powered 3/4 midget racer and plans to restore it.

dscn2469.jpg

Here's Jason in front of a couple of his vintage singles.

dscn2470d.jpg

dscn2471q.jpg

After leaving Jason's shop, I picked up a backroad over the hill and headed for San Jose where I stopped at the world famous Falafel Drive Inn. This is actually the first place I ate when I came to california back in 1976. It's still going today and more popular than ever.

dscn2473.jpg

After lunch I visited the dealer in Livermore and then took the long way home around Calaveras Reservoir and the hills east of san jose. Just as I got to town the odo hit....

dscn2474.jpg

Guzzi Bike Night, Monday 8/3. Good turnout this month and a couple of new faces. Everyone gave to the IRF generating $120.00.

Advance apologies if I mess up the spelling of your name. And for the new people that came, please PM me with your email address so that we can add you to the bay area distribution list.

dscn2480.jpg

(left to rigth) Mike Feeney, Tony Corbelletti, and Pierre Dachuna.

dscn2479.jpg

Ed and Brooke Pare

dscn2477k.jpg

J.Carter, Barry Porter, Carey Russ, Brooke, and Ed

dscn2482j.jpg

John (aka) JJ Cerilli, and Mike Feeney

Excellent Mark, thanks for documenting it so nicely, and your post above! Great job!

I'll be sure Jamileh checks in here, and we'll spell out it's next move. Keep an eye out here, or I'll likely include you direct e-mail by late week if I've heard nothing else.

OK, Mark, that's enough fun for now - hand over the baton and nobody gets hurt!!

So, Todd, we've started plotting: the plan is to meet up this Saturday for the handoff, and see if we can stir up some trouble in the process... Will keep you posted on the details.

Great pix and post, Mark!!

0099g.jpg

A small group of us will be meeting Jamileh here (intersection of highways 25 and 198) at approx. 9:30 Saturday morning. We'll be coming down 25 from Hollister. If anyone wants to come along, we'll be meeting at the Starbucks in Hollister by the Nob Hill Supermarket on 25 (Airline Hwy) just south of Tres Pinos St (aka Nash Rd.). We'll be leaving there at 8:30 sharp.

Thanks Mark/Jam!

How about let's pick up the discussion here.

Jam, for now, plan on taking it home with you I guess, unless timing works out for the SoCal group to meet up with you somewhere up he coast perhaps(?).

So my plans are to meet up with Mark and friends tomorrow AM, ride around at will, and maybe ride around some more on Sunday, wherever the baton wishes to visit. I'm taking my responsibility to show the baton a good time extremely seriously, as we all should.
Just call my cell, Todd, if there's anyone out and about wanting to meet up.
I'm still coming to LA 8/15 - can ride down with the baton, if nothing else. Or JD can come up at his convenience.
Should be a great weekend of riding - cooler weather, good people, and a valiant purpose!!

Excellent Jam(!), thanks for posting! Check in tomorrow a.m. here, or ping us again when you return tomorrow night. For now, meeting you next weekend en route sounds like the best bet.

Have a blast tomorrow!

Todd, I may stay out all weekend with the baton - playing it by ear. And I just saw that Jon was going to be out and about in the vicinity - maybe we'll hunt him down and empty his wallet into the IRF.... no matter what, we'll have fun!!!

Picked up the baton yesterday from Mark and pals - Brooke, Ed, Steve, and Mike - all wonderful folks, btw - and had a great day of riding around central cali. Steve introduced us to a dynamite little Italian/Basque restaurant in San Miguel, where we dined on delicious tapas, and hydrated with homemade sangria. Steve also generously contributed to the IRF (as had the others at the Norcal Guzzi night previously).
I'm heading out in a coupla minutes to show the baton a bit of our backyard Sierras.
My computer is messing up intermittently, but i will post later and add some pix, if I can.
I'm enjoying my mission, so far!!!

Ciao, baby!!!

A few shots from yesterday....

Jamileh finally gets her hands on the baton.
dscn2506.jpg

Carnage at the Basque Restaurant
dscn2507.jpg

I can't explain it, but in Jamileh's hands, the baton takes on some strange mystical qualities.
dscn2512z.jpg

On the way home I detoured on a road that is really off the beaten path. Not a sole around but a fair number of cows in the road.
dscn2518q.jpg

EXCELLENT! Nice job everyone! Jam, send me photos diret if you have any issues, or upload them direct to the Picasa page linked at the bottom of http://NationalGuzziRelay.com

OMG - hilarious "close encounters" pic, Mark!! Sure was fun getting it!!!
Had a great time this weekend with my pals, and with Batty the Baton (so named in honor of most, if not all, of the guzzisti i've ever known.....) -
Saturday's pix with Mark, Brooke, Ed, Steve, and Mike -

The cavalry (Mark and Mike) arrives at 25 and Loneoak -

IMG_87821.jpg

more troops (Brooke and Ed) arriving -

IMG_87831.jpg

Guzzi confab (Mike, Mark, Ed, Brooke) -

IMG_87851.jpg

Some ride shots (had ridden at least once before with everyone but Mike, who happens to be a VERY good rider:

Rides1141.jpg

Rides1144.jpg

Rides1146.jpg

Rides1148.jpg

Some lunch shots - and what a lunch it was!!! Just superb -

IMG_88141.jpg

Steve from Carmel Valley -

IMG_88161.jpg

Brooke, Ed, Mark, Steve, Mike -

IMG_88191.jpg

nice little Italian tableau -

IMG_88221.jpg

old building on Coalinga Rd that always intrigued me....

IMG_88351.jpg

Sunday, David (on the Sprint) and I took Sir Batty to one of my very favorite places on the planet (so far) - King's Canyon NP - east on Hwy 180 all the way to the end. Drop-dead gorgeous scenery (which I didn't capture well yesterday, but have posted before), and frickin' great riding, once you get past the initial traffic and infrequent LEOs (MUCH less than in Yosemite). The sweepers on 180 west of the park entrance, and then going to and from the actual river canyon well inside the park were made for the RC. Those of you who have been there know what I'm talking about!!!

IMG_88551.jpg

IMG_88611.jpg

Rides1171.jpg

Batty at Road's End (road being 180) -

Rides1180.jpg

Rides1188.jpg

IMG_88881.jpg

coming back down/west on 180 - see the hang-glider?

IMG_89051.jpg

For some reason, the RC insisted on pulling over here on the way home:

IMG_89131.jpg

in case you couldn't see it in the first pic -

IMG_89071.jpg

The RC ALWAYS manages to find some "goat" -

IMG_89181.jpg

Sir Batty needed to cool off after a nice, hot day in central cali -

IMG_89211.jpg

David comes to the rescue -

IMG_89281.jpg

Sir Batty finally gets to kick back after a very exciting weekend!!

IMG_89341.jpg

All in all, a superb weekend with great people, great riding, excellent food and libation, and the celebration of this thing that has stolen all of our hearts!!

Oh, and uh, Todd, I'll put some work in this week on the donation aspect - uh, yeah, the donations!!! Kinda got caught up having too much fun riding and such.....

Jamileah and team -

Great job with the IRF Baton and some really nice photos! :) Sorry I missed a great ride! :(

Everyone think about the Moro Bay Ride Halloween weekend!

More details coming at the Sept. 7th NORCAL Guzzi Bike Night at Applebee's, Milpitas!

Leaving for Seoul, Korea today, then China, then back to NORCAL. Riding to Idaho and British Columbia Aug. 22-30.

Looking forward to the time off and to be "In-The-Wind" and on the road again! :)

JJ Cerilli

Indeed, great job Mark/Jam & Crew!

Look forward to chatting about more details here soon. Jam, figure on just bringing it down this/neat weekend. Post your plans/route here.

Back