• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Hey JD -
I could do 33 to LA on Sat, if I left Visalia early. I gotta be in Chatsworth no later noon Sat. Could meet you somewhere along 33, at CerroNoeste, for example? I won't have time to ride CN probably, but could at least do 33 into Ojai, etc... Sunday, I'll probably leave between 12-2; depending, might do 33 back home. (Safety Bob, you around?)
How does any of this sound, JD? It would be great to meet you!!
J

JD -
Another thought: I could banzai to Frazier Park, meet you there, and then we could ride CN or Lockwood Valley out to 33 and on down. I'd want to meet at FP like around 8 AM Sat.
Your thoughts?

Jam -

You're the one making the long trip and leaving at way-too-damn-early in the morning. Your call. Either works for me. As you probably know, Chatsworth and Canoga Park are neighbors, so I'm right down the street from your destination. I'll PM you my cell phone and we can figure it out and post the results.

That work for you Todd?

jdg

JD, I'll call you tonight to make a plan.
In the meantime, had a nice little break over the lunch hour today: ran the RC out to Cycle Tune, in Fresno, to collect a donation from the owner, Gary. Gary isn't/has never been a MG dealer, but has done superb work on my FZ1 - put on the Akrapovic pipe I picked out, installed a PC, and did a great custom-mapping job (the last 2 things, i needed like a hole in the head on that bike, of course). Then, after Todd and Price went to town on the RC, with pipes and PC, coz of my schedule and my impatience, I didn't give Todd enough time to get the RC on a dyno down in SoCal. Went back to Gary, who confabbed with Todd over the phone, and then did a superb job mapping the RC. I'd recommend him any time to anyone, who needs anything here in the Central Valley, done with motos. Honest, knowledgeable, no agenda, total straight-shooter. Did I say knowledgeable? And a really pleasant, nice guy, with a great assistant - Brian - as well. Class act and operation, all the way around.
a few pix:

Rides1219.jpg

Rides1213.jpg

Rides1215.jpg

Gary -

Rides1221.jpg

Brian -

Rides1222.jpg

Thanks to Cycle Tune for supporting MG and the IRF, and for being willing to learn about and do such great work on Guzzis!! Much appreciated!!

OK - as of today, the plan is to meet up with Jam on Sunday and then go on a little ride that sort of more or less points her back in the right direction. We'll either do a stop at the Rock Store then head up to Ojai and off to the Screaming Squirrel by way of what ever twisty roads we can find and then to Frazier Park where Jam will head North and I'll head back to the valley, or run up Bouquet Canyon, over to the Rock Inn in Lake Elizabeth, to Frazier Park, etc.

We plan to meet up in the Chatsworth/Canoga Park area between noon and 2pm if anyone wants to tag along.

jdg

Hey, JD -
Already can't wait. I love my family dearly, but 24 hours with them can drive one insane, and I'll be chomping at the bit to ride Sunday. I'd love to shoot for as early and close to noon as possible - hope that is OK with you. We'll talk....
See you soon, JD, and hope some of you other hooligans - and Safety Bob - can join in.
J

jdgretz wrote:
OK - as of today, the plan is to meet up with Jam on Sunday..

We plan to meet up in the Chatsworth/Canoga Park area between noon and 2pm if anyone wants to tag along.

jdg

I'm probably in. Exactly when/where in Chatsworth/Canoga Park?

Couldn't figure out from this if your doing the 33 Sat or not and what time at Fraizer park?

The plan: We're meeting on SUNDAY at noon in the Valley, at the Burger King at Roscoe and DeSoto. Then we're going to riderideride. Maybe 33, maybe Bouquet Canyon/Francisquito?, maybe ???? That part is pretty loose. Just need to be back in Visalia by 6:30 Sun evening.

I introduced Batty to the great people at our local BMW shop today over the lunch hour: the owner Jack, and salesman Tanner. We've ridden with them before, bought some accessories there (including the very dirty but durable pants I had on), and know them to be extremely warm, helpful, and enthusiastic.

Jack had me testride an F650GS, and I had him testride the RC. He seemed impressed with its stability and power - not sure he had ridden one before. The 650 was a nice bike - very accessible and easy to ride, of course. (It was pretty fun to hear the RC's pipes as a bystander - man, they sound good!!!)

Jack made a VERY nifty donation to the IRF, which didn't surprise me - he's always been very supportive of every kind of moto, loves to share his passion for riding, and is just a helluva guy. His staff, including Al, who wasn't there today, is a reflection of him: fun, knowledgeable, and extremely generous. Central Valley is lucky to have this shop - THANK YOU, JACK, for everything!!!

a few pix:

jspix060.jpg

jspix065.jpg

Jack -

jspix067.jpg

Jack gets indoctrinated -

jspix059.jpg

The shop serves some of Fresno's finest -

jspix064.jpg

jspix068.jpg

Me, Jack, Batty, and Tanner -

jspix057.jpg

Nice one Jam... I sure hope you told them their bikes had saggy cylinders. ;)

FS650GS & 800GS aren't bad, but I will never get my head around the sound of a parallel twin. The 650 sounds like a muted air-compressor, but I know what power can be found in that Rotax designed motor.

jamileh wrote:
The plan: We're meeting on SUNDAY at noon in the Valley, at the Burger King at Roscoe and DeSoto.

You SURE the BK is at Roscoe & Desoto? I'm wondering cause MapQuest doesn't show one at that location, though several within a not very wide radius. Be that as it may, unless something to the contrary is posted before I check mid morn Sunday, I'll be at Roscoe & Desoto by noon, whatever business' are or are not there.

Sorry guys and gal, I was horrifically busy yesterday... so, how'd it go? Pictures and words for the hand-off?!?!

Yesterday was a fun day (well, at least most of it) - nice ride (well, at least most of it), good folks, wonderful weather and then there was the Rock Inn - always enjoyable.

We (Guzzi Bob, Kiwi Dave, Jamileh, and her husband David (on a Triumph 1050 Triple) and I) met at DeSoto and Roscoe, on time no less, and headed up to Lake Elizabeth by way of Little Tujunga, Bouquet, Sand, Vasquez, and Spunky Canyons, and a bit of San Francisquito Road to the Rock Inn where we did the hand off and ate lunch. As usual, mostly Harleys there, but the Tri-Cycle was an unusual addition.

After lunch we headed back toward I-5 by way of Lake Hughes Road were all was well until I came around a corner that had a bunch of sand right where my tires were headed :( Well, Batty is OK, but the Norge got a bit of road rash and I'm very happy I was in full gear (now if I'd had my face shield all the way down there would have been no injuries - but I digress). Broken brake lever and right side foot peg, a bit of damaged tupperware and scraped up pannier. Got a bit of razzing and an assist lifting the bike back up from a passing Harley rider, but she started right up and was ridden back to Lake Hughes at the I-5 where a bit of repair work was accomplished and I carefully rode her home using only the back brake (talk about defensive driving :eek:hmy: )

Back home, a couple of butterfly bandages for where the windscreen kissed my lip were my face shield was partially open.

So all in all - not a really bad day.

Jam got all the good photos, so I'll leave those to her.

Anyone have a spare brake lever and some extra plastic????

jdg

3830991832_af034021a6_b.jpg

3830993050_cb3a58bde0_b.jpg

3830993630_1dd3de44b0_b.jpg

3830995088_7713002447_b.jpg

Yep, that's Jam and GuzziBob in the background.

3830390009_1235afce8a.jpg

Batty is OK

jdgretz wrote:
After lunch we headed back toward I-5 by way of Lake Hughes Road were all was well until I came around a corner that had a bunch of sand right where my tires were headed :( Well, Batty is OK, but the Norge got a bit of road rash and I'm very happy I was in full gear...
Ah bummer JD, but good to hear you fared decently all things considered. What side is your damage on? I have a silver L/S panel with only a few mounting tabs broken off if that's of any help. I don't have a brake lever laying around, but I can get you a new one if you'd like.

GT-Rx wrote:
Ah bummer JD, but good to hear you fared decently all things considered. What side is your damage on? I have a silver L/S panel with only a few mounting tabs broken off if that's of any help. I don't have a brake lever laying around, but I can get you a new one if you'd like.

Nope, all the damage is to the right side of the bike - I'll send you a PM with photos of the damage and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

jdg

Hey, JD, glad to hear all is well, and you guys made it home safely. Was a little worried about the "look, no brakes, Ma!!" scenario!!!
My laptop is messed up again, and I hit the ground running today at work, but I'll post some pix tonight.... JD, I'll send you the bloody-Norge pix separately!!! Did you wipe down the bike before you got home??? Yikes!!
Had a great time with JD, Kiwi Dave, and Safety Bob - MOST excellent riding, company, and roads. That stretch of sand on Lake Hughes was quite gnarly.
And get this, you guys, Safety B even made a VERY generous donation to the IRF ("generous" being a highly subjective term....) Kiwi Dave is hilarious, and also made a very generous donation. Thanks for sharing a great day with me, and so glad you're safe and sound, JD.
Pix in a bit.....

Didn't wipe the bike off before getting home, but did get her cleaned up before the wife saw it - anyway, by that time, she'd already seen me and patched me up with the butterfly bandages. Today was cleaning the gloves and inside of the helmet. I'm very pleased at how well the gear held up - no bruising at all. I'll probably replace the jacket - maybe with leather, but the pants, gloves, helmet, and boots are all fine.

ATGATT

jdg

No bruising???? Great news!!! Good B-- pants, no?
OK, a few pix:

What I got my mom for her 90th birthday -

Rides1231.jpg

meeting up with Kiwi Dave, JD, and Safety Bob -

Rides1248.jpg

Rides1249.jpg

the cavalry heads out -

Rides1251.jpg

either Little Tujunga or one of the many ??? Canyon Rds we went on -

Kiwi Dave is out of sight round the bend, followed by David, Bob, and JD:

Rides1253.jpg

more -

Rides1254.jpg

Rides1255.jpg

Rides1257.jpg

lunch stop at the Rock Inn -

Rides1259.jpg

can just make out Bob's bike on the right -

Rides1261.jpg

David, Bob, JD, and Kiwi Dave - great company....

Rides1264.jpg

Rides1263.jpg

Rides1268.jpg

JD - proud Batty-bearer -

Rides1269.jpg

Lake Hughes RD:

Rides1272.jpg

Rides1278.jpg

post get-off, but still running...

Rides1280.jpg

Back