• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

1800 e-mails sent out, and less then 5 replies. Again, happy to distribute the funds, but I really need to hear from others. Steve, et al, state a donation amount that the NW primarily donated and I'll send it on the way... just need an address.

Again, only words from those who donated please.

I think I am in agreement with Mr. Ford here. I would be in support of splitting the balance of the funds between Sasquatch, Johnny's family and BJ's family. While BJ passed not of a motorcycle, It's probably still within the spirit of the fund, but I will leave that decision to the organizers.

Todd, I understand your frustration at the lack of input, but the facts remain. There is a fund that is meant to be distributed and there are three worthy recipients discussed here. I'm not sure what else needs to be done as sufficient effort has been made by you and others to solicit additional input at this point. The post I made on the WG board directed people to come here, so there wasn't anything for you to chase down over there. I think it generated only one additional response before falling off into oblivion.

I'm only one contributor and I've no more say than any other, but I don't see the problem at this point.

I will likely participate in the Relay again if the opportunity arises, and will likewise contribute again to the fund should it remain as well. It is certainly a worthy pursuit. There's not much of anything more I have to contribute to this discussion.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Steve

IMO, we should remain true to the spirit of the award: Using the money to help a Guzzi rider injured while riding that year. Is that accurate, Todd? Was it meant to be exclusive of those killed? Was it meant to be inclusive only of those who were riding a Guzzi at the time?

Seems like answering these might help us select. For example, Johnny was killed, Jim was not on a Guzzi at the time, and BJ was not riding at the time.

Poerterhouse definitely qualifies, as he was riding a Guzzi and was not killed.

Todd: If you need someone to take over this piece of the pie, I'll volunteer.

Thanks for your words/thoughts Steve, and Greg, yes... the spirit of the award was to be presented to a person who was injured on a Guzzi and suffered financial hardship as a result. I suppose a Guzzista killed could be an option if the spouse is in need.

Greg, if you want to step up to help out, please.

Hey Todd,

You can always bring the baton to the races at the Indian reservation, when you come up for the racing!!!
We could take it further from there....

COLORADO RIVER CLASSIC SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 13
(December 18, 2009)
Great News - Nate Perkins is proud to announce that Speedway is back at the Avi Events Center, President's Day Weekend Saturday 13th February! The title of the event is the 'Colorado River Classic' and it should be the best event ever at the venue. All Divisions are being invited and incredibly so over 30 riders have signed up prior to the event even being announced.
I am helping Nate with the sign ups whilst he makes the event known locally. We will post room details when we have them but I can say that this event will be something, so whether you are a rider or a fan, mark your calendars!

For clarification on Greg's comment. I am in no way qualified for, nor am I seeking any amount of dollars from the IRF.

1. My accident was in 2008 not 2009.
2. I experienced no financial hardship resultant to the accident.

Clarifying - I am not now, nor have I ever sought out any support from the IRF. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

SD

Back