• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UK owner headlights.

yan

Just got it firing!
About a month ago i discovered my uk spec Stelvio headlights dipped to the wrong side.ie; they flick up to the right hand side of the road ,not the left.This of course makes them illegal.My local dealer didn't believe me so i took the bike down to show them. Two weeks later i went down again to have my[specially made in Italy for my bike?] replacements.These were also wrong. Apparantly Guzzi knew of this problem and my replacements were their third attempt. Why do they have to make one you may ask? Because they never made ANY UK spec ones in the first place. My bike is now off the road due to the faulty headlights failing the MOT test. Insurance is also probably invalid.

I bought one of the very first Stelvios off the production line and my dealer Moto Strada told me that the headlights were the same whether they were designed for RHD or LHD markets, but were adjustable.

I've sold it so cant have a look but maybe they can be adjusted- which dealer are you using?

A lot of modern bikes/cars use what are known as 'flat top' lights which are universal. The Selvio ones are all for RHD and are adjustable for left/right up/down like anything else but not the beam pattern itself. I use Motosport in Wareham Dorset who are doing their best. The problem is with the factories inability to produce a LHD h/light. I suggest Moto strada get in touch with Motosport/the importer/the factory if he knows something they don't.

This is worrying to read. My bike is due it's first m.o.t. in a couple of months. Surely every 2008 stelvio can't have failed it's m.o.t.?

Not that many are due as at 1st March2011. They will all fail if checked properly, though it's not something the tester would specifically look for. Just shine your lights at a wall or something at night. You will find the dipped beam flicks up to the right dazzling oncoming drivers. Not just 2008 bikes .2008 to present i believe.

So what's wrong with a bit of masking tape placed carefully on the front of the headlights. That will get it through the MOT, and satisfy your insurance. You will no doubt say why should I on a new bike, but it's better to be able to use it surely.
As they use the H4 bulb, you can modify the holder in the reflector to swing the bulb round clockwise as seen from the rear. I did that on my Spada III which had the same problem, though it had been through umpteen MOTs by the time I bought it.

Problem solved. Just off down the shops for a hacksaw blade and a role of masking tape.

Been out and checked mine in the dark and they just dip downwards. No left or right just down, perhaps the 2010 models are sorted ?

Both bulbs are standard H4's with only the right hand side (as you sit on the bike) wired to high beam. I had another look at the weekend as I went through the Tyne Tunnel, definitely downwards dip no left or right and sadly not that bright although I have HID's in the car so I guess I'm spoiled a bit ? Perhaps an HID kit could be the order of the day (easy to fit - took an hour & a half to do seperate high & low beam on the Sorento).

I had this problem with my stelvio, I only realised when other road users started to flash me. It was sorted at the initial 900 mile service by means of adjusters within the fairing.

Back