• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UK Ride Out March 14th

Ray1150

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Hate the government but love your country?

Thousands of bikers from throughout the country are planning a spectacular mass ride through Wootton Bassett in Wiltshire on Mothers Day to honour soldiers who have lost their lives in Afghanistan.
More than 1,000 riders are expected to ride through the Wiltshire town on Sunday March 14 and then gather on the runway at RAF Lyneham. They will there hand over funds raised for the Afghan Heroes charity set up last September by a group of mothers who lost their sons in Afghanistan.

The bikers will descend on Wiltshire from throughout the UK and gather at the Leigh Delamere services on the M4 (Junction 17 - eastbound) before the mass ride through Wootton Bassett to RAF Lyneham at 12 noon where the fallen were repatriated into the UK.

Each rider will pay £5 (on the day) and receive a special commemorative Afghan Heroes wristband, which will be their entry pass to the RAF base.

All proceeds raised from the ride will go to the Afghan Heroes charity, which helps our service personnel in theatre, families of the fallen and our returning troops.

(With thanks to the website)

http://www.afghanheroes.org.uk/bikersevent.asp

Bit late for that matey :laugh:
I'm not banging a drum here, i have yet to see evidence that all politicians aren't tossers.
Politics affects all aspects of your life wether you like it or not I'm afraid.

Point I was making is that surely you want to get people to go on the ride rather than get embroyled in a political discussion.

This ride is in support of the fallen in Afganistan and Iraq, not a politcal demonstration. I will only consider attending under these conditions.
If it is being hijacked by a political demo, then it will be ruined.
But maybe that's what some want.

Brian UK said:
Point I was making is that surely you want to get people to go on the ride rather than get embroyled in a political discussion.

This ride is in support of the fallen in Afganistan and Iraq, not a politcal demonstration. I will only consider attending under these conditions.
If it is being hijacked by a political demo, then it will be ruined.
But maybe that's what some want.

The whole point Brian is to support those who are doing their duty to Queen & country.
Look to see who are the real terrorists, along with those who abuse Islam.
A clue is those who have been curtailing our freedoms in the name of security. Perhaps you missed the raised level of paranoia, sorry awareness, just announced coinciding with an upcoming election.
Labour, Tory, Republian or Democrat don't believe the hype Brian.
I'll leave the last word to you, best wishes Brian, love my country (and our forces) hate my government.
R

I will be on this ride with some friends, unfortunately not on the Jackal, it is in bits at the moment, I will be riding a Yamaha 900 Diversion.
For me it is not a matter of politics, or even if people back the war. It is simply to show that I suport the troops who have no choice but to fight the war. It is also to show my appreciation of the people of Wooton Bassett and their unflagging determination that every death will be marked.
Brian is right it would drastically cut numbers if this turned political, surely we are capable of honouring the sacrifcies our military have made with out the usual political nonsense.

Back