Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

UK V85TT Meeting, NMM, Solihull, Saturday 19th October.

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Chris Jessop, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Tuned and Synch'ed

A bit of fun before the dark and cold Winter period arrives, an informal meeting of V85TT’s at the National Motorcycle Museum on Saturday 19th October. Arrive between 11.30 and 12.00 noon, have lunch in their restaurant and, if you wish, visit the their superb collection of British motorcycles.

All Moto Guzzis are welcome of course, but the V85TT model will be centre stage.

Museum website; http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk

If you’ve not been before: http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/visit-us/getting-here-parking/

2. Dale Baker

Dale Baker Cruisin' Guzzisti

You're bringing tears to my eyes. One of the greatest days ever was my trip to NMM a couple of years ago on vacation. Slippery Sam indeed! Wish I could be there. Have a great time.

3. Chris Jessop

Dale, we've held many events at the National Motorcycle Museum over the years. A few pictures from an event on the 14th July 2018. I used to have a T160 Trident so I'm partial to British triples.

IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0199.JPG IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0656.JPG

4. Dale Baker

Trident 3.jpg Chris, thanks so much for posting. We are kindred spirits - besides my love of the UK, I too owned a T160 Electric Start Trident. Bought it brand new while in college in 1976 as a leftover, then kept it for 25 years. I never should have sold it. Regrets to this day.

Please post photos of your meet.

Chris Jessop likes this.
  5. Chris Jessop

Dale, great picture of your T160, thanks for posting. I wish I'd never sold mine.

I will post pictures of the V85TT meet. The long range weather forecast is good for Saturday 19th October so hopefully it'll be dry and we'll have a good turnout.

6. Derek Wardell

Derek Wardell Just got it firing!

Chris,
    I should be able to attend. Did you share this on the V85 Facebook group?
    Derek

Chris Jessop likes this.
  7. Chris Jessop

Derek, many thanks for your interest.

I don't use Facebook so any help with publicity would be greatly appreciated.

8. Derek Wardell

Chris Jessop likes this.
  9. Chris Jessop

Derek, thanks for your help with publicity.

We've emailed all UK Moto Guzzi dealers and Piaggio UK. All that remains to do now is sit back and hope for good weather next Saturday.

V85TT Meet Poster.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Derek Wardell

Hi Chris, Yes, I put it on the V85 Facebook group page, but just a couple of guys saying sorry they can't come - no confirmations. Anyway I will turn up and see what transpires.

11. Chris Jessop

Derek, we've had a couple of V85TT riders confirm that they're coming and other Guzzi riders have expressed an interest. I'm sure you won't have a wasted trip.

12. Breva-Al

Breva-Al Just got it firing!

Hope to be there on my Kalahari Red V85TT :) weather forecast still looks OK for Saturday
    Alan

Chris Jessop likes this.
  13. Chris Jessop

Alan, thanks for your interest. Hopefully there'll be at least two Kalahari's at the meet.

14. Chris Jessop

This event is still going ahead. We'll be at the National Motorcycle Museum for 11.30am as planned.

15. Derek Wardell

I'm planning to be there

Chris Jessop likes this.
  16. Chris Jessop

Derek, see you tomorrow :)....

17. Derek Wardell

Really sorry Chris, but I now can't make it today. Hope it goes well and we can meet up on another occasion.

18. Chris Jessop

Derek, no problem, we'll be holding another V85TT meet next Spring at the National Motorcycle Museum. It will have a lot more notice. We weren't sure how successful today's meet would be given the fact that it clashed with two major motorcycle events here in the UK, but it was well worth the 220 mile round trip. We thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Although there were only four V85TT's it was good to have the opportunity to talk with other owners. I certainly learned a few things. The weather gods were smiling on us and apart from a bit of early morning mizzle in Yorkshire, the day was dry and mostly sunny.

We didn't have time to look around the Museum's collection today so I just took a few pictures of the machines in the foyer.

IMG_1908.JPG IMG_1901.JPG IMG_1904.JPG IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1919.JPG IMG_1922.JPG IMG_1923.JPG IMG_1925.JPG IMG_1929.JPG IMG_1914.JPG

GT-Rx® likes this.
  19. Dale Baker

What could be better? New friends, beautiful day, beautiful bikes, beautiful place. Thanks so much for posting the T160. Made my day.

Dale

20. Chris Jessop

Dale, you've summed up the day nicely.

That T160, which is 'new old stock' and unregistered, is the first prize in the NMM's latest raffle. I have a ticket and the draw is this coming Saturday 26th. I'll let you know if I win it!

--------------------------------------------

Dale, further to above, this coming Saturday 26th is the NMM's Live Event. One of the highlights is Alex George being re-united with Slippery Sam.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019