• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

unexpected phone call

mg spd rcr

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I had just gotten to sleep maybe 2hrs in and the house phone rings I hear the last ring then my cell phone rings I'm getting mad who's calling me when I should be sleeping!! the house phone rings again now I'm more awake and realize something must be happening and Vickie (wife) or David (son) need me. I answer and a frantic wife tells me son has been hit by car/minivan less than a mile from home, and other driver didn't stop just paused and drives off!! a witness stopped and helped son and also said "I thought someone else would help by following other veh to get lic number but nobody did." he called 911. We are fortunate that David came out of it with minor injuries considering what had just happened. minor buff marks on hand, knees, hip and ankle, and lets not forget soreness. He will heal from this stuff.

but the Piaggio BV 500 is bent, looks to be only front end but won't know till get all body work off bike plus most of front panels and the lower side panels and rear rack damaged and the wheel was pushed into the radiator so it's leaking. the insurance company would total it, but I don't have to deal with them (didn't get Collision coverage) will see what happens fix or part out. this part of this thing is not important, just venting...I'm relieved that David (the important part) has only minor injuries, and will be fine shortly. Just not happy he had to experience this mishap.

Rich,

I'm glad David is ok. That is the most important part!
And that bastard that did a hit-n-run, dont worry about him. His KARMA will catch up with him, and his is just around the corner.

Give David my sincere "get well soon, and keep your chin-up"!

-arbi

As said on the phone, the whole deal sucks... but by the grace of Guzzi he nearly walked away. What sucks the most is this hit and run crap. Sure wish people would have even an ounce of integrity.

I'll have a look-see at the scoot on Sat. a.m. with you, and I'm sure we'll come to a good solution on how to maximize your return.

David has youth on his side for now, but wish him a speedy healing process... because as we all know, it sucks when you get older. :pinch:

Rich,
Really sorry to hear about this. Glad to hear David is going to be alright. Really sad that people can be so cruel without a conscious. Reality is I see it nearly every day, as you know what I do for a living. Give David my best wishes for a speedy recovery. If you need anything, just give me a call.

Hey Rich,

Sorry to hear that. Thank goodness he is only roughed up. Maybe good karma will out and the culprit will be discovered. You might consider going to the site, and seeing if any businesses or buildings had security cams that might have caught the deed.

thanks all, son has read your replys and says thank you.
I couldn't sleep so went to street where accident happened started looking for vehicles that fit the witness and David's description and saw a veh that matched description with damage that was fresh and matched up to our scooter...called police they came out at first weren't gonna do anything then I showed them pics of scooter with damage that might match this car...might be on to something. we then went to our house and they checked out damage to scooter still not enough, but want to talk to David so woke him up and took him back to car he discribed what happened at impact police then shine light on whole side of car and the light on windows and his hand print is still there at that point we are able to refrence front wheel and see the front tire mark on rockerpanel David statement of veh impact matches damage, and this seems to be the car that hit me. they are impounding and investigating. hopefully this leads somewhere.

I sincerely wish David a speedy recovery both physically and mentally, If you did indeed have found the Vehicle and it wasn't stolen show no mercy to the Bast**d. Be aware even if it was not really stolen that might be the "Story"

Oh no, man! Just logged in and saw this. Give David get well wishes from all of us here. Glad it looks like you might be able to NAIL this bastard. I'll call you later for an update.

mg spd rcr wrote:
...they are impounding and investigating. hopefully this leads somewhere.
Sweet(!) Rich!!! Nice job, but does suck that you not only had to do the work, but to meet resistance when you did find something too... Unbelievable. Regardless, I hope you and David come out on top of everything. If I can be of help, say the word.

Rich, glad David's ok. And you did some great followup work.

Years ago, my older son was hit by a drunk driver, who woould've hit-n-run if his car hadn't been hurt. Luckily, he was young and walked away too. Only his truck was totaled.

glad to hear he ok my nice a couple years back got knocked off at 70 on the freeway by some guy and all he was worrie about was getting to work on time and his insurance company came out and loballed her bike again glad hes ok

Rich, sorry to hear about what happened to your son.Thank GOD he's alright.You can alway's replace a bike ,but you can't replace a loved one.Make sure he's taken care of first! The bike can be dealt with at a later time. Bobber Bill out

Yikes, glad your son is okay, Rich. It has to be satisfying that you caught the a-hole too. An at-fault accident can suck for your insurance cost. A felony hit-and-run can f up your entire life. Which is exactly what a douchebag like that deserves.

-Tim.

How much you want to bet that the driver of the car reported it stolen right after he got home.:angry:

Just read this, glad to hear your David is basically OK. Also mighty fine you found the SOB. Would be especially nice if perp got tagged for hit & run. I'm guessing justice will be done one way or another.

When this happens to us, we deal with it.
When it happens to our kids, it's a different.

He should get checked out by doctor.

Back