• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Unit Garage Panniers

I am set up to sell with them, but I haven't sold any.

I like the fact that the frame is rather small and unobtrusive when the bags are off. The photo at the link below seems to indicate that the frame can be mounted to a V7 III Anniversario with the stock grab rail in place.
unitgarage.com/special_parts/bags_and_accessories/left_frame_guzzi_v7
If this is true then I would be interested in purchasing a set. How do I find out the cost through GuzziTech?

Just to stir the pot a bit here. I have the SW-Motech panniers and carrier on my 2017 Anniversario and am very happy with them. I only got the right side setup, will do the other side maybe next year. Link to Pannier; twistedthrottle.ca/sw-motech-legend-gear-black-edition-lc2-side-bag-for-slc-side-carriers-right-side-13-5l

Just to stir the pot a bit here. I have the SW-Motech panniers and carrier on my 2017 Anniversario and am very happy with them. I only got the right side setup, will do the other side maybe next year. Link to Pannier.
that's interesting. my dad has the exact same V7 as you, and just bought the same panniers. he got both tho.

he's in BC too!

Thank you for your input. SW Motech is the other locking sadlebag system that I have been considering. I won't be using the bags every day so I'm looking for a system that looks good when the bags are off the bike. I'm not a big fan of seat straps because they don't provide much support. The SW Motech support frame Is a bit more visible with the additional strut mounted to the passenger footpeg mount and the triangular frame extending over the chrome grab rail. The Unit Garage frame mounts behind the grab rail with horizontal bars extending parallel to the grab rail. This two rail frame design does not obstruct the lines of the grab rail like the triangular SW Motech frame does, but the SW Motech's three pin bag attachement system looks very secure. Both systems sell the bag attachment plates separately so, theoretically, the plates could be attached to just about any bag.

The SW Motech bag design with modern hardware appears to be more advanced than the Unit Garage bag.

Maybe the best setup would be the Unit Garage frame and mounting plate with the SW Motech bag?

SW Motech frame
sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/default/pix/a/z/BC.HTA.17.595.20000/g/bc_hta_17_595_20000_3_xl.jpg

Unit Garage frame
unitgarage.com/special_parts/bags_and_accessories/left_frame_guzzi_v7

This is how the Sw-Motech carrier looks on my Anniversario. I don't even notice it anymore and have gotten a couple of compliments on it. Solid as heck. Very happy with it. :)

Carrier 1 Carrier 2

Guys, no offsite hyperlinks please. I am trying to keep what little business I have to support the site.

For the Unit garage stuff, post or best to email me direct and I can get it added to the online Store site here.

Hi All,

I've got the Unit Garage quick release sub frame mount on my V7III special. I purchased their quick release system and attached my own pannier to it. It works great.

The issue is that, to my knowledge, Unit Garage does not make a luggage rack for the V7. I'm looking at getting the HB ones on the GM site here but no one seems to know if they will be compatible with the Unit Garage sub frame pannier mounts. I've stumped both Unit Garage and HB it seems.

Does the HB rack have the same profile as the OEM grab bar - it looks like they are pretty close?

Has anyone had an luck with any luggage rack and these pannier mounts from Unit Garage?

luggage%20rack.jpg

David

So... to answer my own question I went out and purchased the HB luggage rack for the V7III and, sadly, it was not compatible with my Unit Garage sub-frame bag mount (see pics above).

This means I have to get rid of the Unit Garage set up or return the HB rack. I'm thinking I will get rid of the Unit Garage sub-frame pannier rack (any takers?), although its a shame because I really like that little custom pannier I had man from an army ammunition pouch and the Unit Garage quick release system...

David

Back