Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

unknown connection

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Bacongrease, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Bacongrease

Bacongrease Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I have searched until my eyes are crossed, where does this wire connect. It was not connected when I got the bike Apparently, one end goes on the solenoid, but the other ? ? The exploded views of the electrics do not help.

I don't know why the other pics don't show.
    thank you.....

94B2DFB1-6F5A-4D47-AA2F-C90883F17A47.jpeg

2. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

I think they also go on your solenoid. With the LH one disconnected, the starter motor won't turn over. The RH one is simply a cover for the lead from the battery.

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The one on the left as kiwi dave said goes to the solenoid. The one on the right may be the connection for the neutral sending unit. The neutral sender provides a ground for the neutral indicator and is behind the starter.

4. john zibell

Look again, that cover is in place at the starter.

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

John is correct. You can see the neutral switch post just above the starter in the center, just left of the rubber positive terminal cable.

6. Bacongrease

Bacongrease Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

thanks guys.

I wish there was a tutorial for us newbies on Guzzi parts identification on the bike , like which sensor was what, or any electrical connection.

the Harley guys do a good job to id a whatever with a red circle around it,
    then, here dummy, is the ...whatever..
    some Honda sites do too.

Reading the wiring and exploded views can be a real pain for new folks.

thanks again..

7. john zibell

If you donate to the site, you can access the manuals and schematics in the Downloads section. see https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/user-account-upgrade-donations.14025/