• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Unplanned Get off

Conteacher

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I had just left work and was headed up the twisty road towards home. I was setting up for the first hairpin turn, slowing down and then downshifting into second. Released the clutch, gave a little gas, and nothing! Not in gear! I tied to straighten the bike up as I was heading off the road and I think I grabbed the front brake(bad move). Next thing I know, the bike and I are performing some sort of gymnastics and I am thinking about how much this is going to hurt. Everything comes to a stop. The bike is facing towards the drainage ditch and I am lying in the road with my foot tangled up in the saddlebag brackets. I get the foot free and I am thinking, "That wasn't so bad". and then I noticed my left foot flopping around like a leaf blowing in the wind. Was able to pull out Cell phone and call 911 and was transported to the Trauma Center where I was told that my ankle was fine, but I had smashed the heck out of my Tibia. I get to spend the next two months recovering. Bike came out pretty good. A friend was passing by after I had been hauled off and saw the bike on the road and he convinced the cops to let him tow it to his house. He brought it home the next day with only a few scratches and a broken crash guard mount. However, there could be other damage that is unseen. Where is the best place to take it for evaluation and repairs? I have full coverage on the bike and I should use it.

Conteacher said:
Where is the best place to take it for evaluation and repairs? I have full coverage on the bike and I should use it.

If you told us where you are, it would help.

john zibell said:
Conteacher said:
Where is the best place to take it for evaluation and repairs? I have full coverage on the bike and I should use it.

If you told us where you are, it would help.

Looks like he is in Tehachapi, which is in southern California, between Bakersfield and Mojave.

Bruce

Bummer Kent, decided to try the Guzzi off-road eh? The Stelvio is much better suited. :pinch:

Seriously, heal fast, and it sounds like the damage is minimal. Happy to have a look at it if you want to get it over the hill.

Bummer Kent. Trust from the sound of things the break is clean & simple, not jagged, & not compound (compound means bone coming through skin). Hope recovery period as short as possible for both you & bike. Given that the bike was laying on the ground for a while, hope your battery was closed cell. If not, hope someone has given the thing a thorough bath, as battery acid can cause a lot of damage left uncleaned up. Fortunately, those Tonti frames are tough. I know that from unwanted experience-ditto that about compound fracures (the wife's).

Bob, Battery was an Odyssey so I don't think it leaked. Fracture was to the tib and fib with the tibia needing plates and screws.
Todd I'll let you know after I talk to the Ins. Company.

Conteacher said:
Bob, Battery was an Odyssey so I don't think it leaked. Fracture was to the tib and fib with the tibia needing plates and screws.

Not compound, right? (if you don't mind my asking....).

Kent, heal fast, I have similar metal in me, plus screws from a broken pelvis, the only lingering problem is that you get searched anytime you go through an airport metal detector. I have tossed my Cal SS down a few times, they are very tough, I'm sure your's just has cosmetic damage. Let me know if I can help, I have a truck if you need transport to service down here

Kent, sorry it happened, glad you're mostly okay, welcome to the metal orthopedics society (if you're not already a member). The marriage of bone and stainless/titanium is a wonderful thing, considering the alternatives...

Heal fast, see you down the road.

wallis

Goodness.
How will the Con's finish "Pride and Prejudice" with out you.
Just kidding. Get better soon.

wsholar said:
Kent, sorry it happened, glad you're mostly okay, welcome to the metal orthopedics society (if you're not already a member). The marriage of bone and stainless/titanium is a wonderful thing, considering the alternatives...

Heal fast, see you down the road.

wallis
Yes, I am one with the "Titanium Brotherhood".

Back