• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

*Update* Issues buying Acewell Tach/Speedo-Success

GuzziMoto

GT Reference
GT Contributor
Boy, I am getting frustrated. Two weeks ago I found a company that had an Acewell tach/speedo shown on their website with a 9,000 rpm range. I had been looking for one for a while for my Daytona project. I have removed the fairing on my Daytona and currently I have the stock gauges mounted up to a home made instrument panel. But I really wanted a small, single gauge tach speedo combo to replace the twin gauge setup with. When I found the site advertising the 9K unit I had been looking for I sent them an e-mail to confirm the unit was in stock and as pictured. The repsonse I got was yes it is in stock, as pictured, and ready to ship. So I ordered it. Just over a week later I received a package from a different store containing a unit almost like the one I thought I had ordered but with a 12K rpm range. When I sent an e-mail detailing what had happened, sticking to the facts (and quoting the previous e-mail where I has asked which unit they had in stock) except at the end where I added a couple lines to politely indicate my lack of pleasure. The response I got did not contain a single apology and asked repeatedly the same question about which unit I did or didn't receive. I had already answered that question in the previous e-mail, so that ticked me off and my next e-mail was a lot more pissed off. Then they actually apologized for the situation, but seemed careful not to take any blame and even defended themselves by suggesting that I actually got the right part, and said they would look into it. After talking to the company that actually sent me the unit they offered a 10 -15% discount on the one they had sent or said I could return it as the other company did not have the one I wanted. As I have decided that I don't want the wrong unit I fear that I am going to be out all my time and effort, along with them having my money all this time, for nothing. I am not feeling that they will do anything to make amends for their mistake.
I will let you guys know how this wraps up. And when done I will try to write up what I have done to the bike.

Updated below....

Re: Update Issues buying Acewell Tach/Speedo-Success

After having nothing but frustration trying to buy an Acewell 9,000 rpm 4 series Tach/Speedo unit from Renazco Racing I finally got my money back from them and bought the unit I wanted from Acewell UK. Nobody in the US seems to carry the 9,000 rpm version and while Renazco assured me that the one they had was the 9,000 rpm unit pictured on their website it turns out it was not (technically they did not even have it and were having it dropped shipped from someone else). After paying up front I was eventually able to get a refund and then bought the right unit from Acewell UK. They were a pleasure to deal with and so far I am impressed with both them and the Acewell unit. I paid less and got it faster. After it is hooked up and the Daytona is back together I will try to post up about it.
I need to fix the transmission leak, try to deal with leaky valve seals ( it seems to be spitting a little oil out the intakes), wire up the Acewell, and fit up a V11 rear subframe and seat/bodywork.

Back