• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Update on Haunted Bike

It seems to me, certainly in the UK, that there are bad dealers, and better dealers. Sadly very few good dealers, and even they have "off" days.
And this is regarding their ability to diagnose problems. Whether they give a damn or not is another matter sadly.

kwn306 wrote:
Another satisfied MG customer..........maybe one of the Moderators could forward this thread to MG Corp. on both sides of the pond, it appears stupidity is running a muck on both shores :S

I've seen poor dealers with every motorcycle brand out there. All you can do is try to work with the dealer or find a better one.

Ackers, Graham the service manager at Millenium is a decent bloke and tries very hard to sort the problems, I think he's let down by the Guzzi admin and perhaps some of his colleagues.

Hey Ackers what you trying to do , upset the purists ?

Quote; One more thing. When I bought the Stelvio brand new, it was the first time I had bought a totally new bike. I assumed that after paying the best part of £8k on a bike it would be perfect and, if not, the dealers/manufacturers woyld be tripping up over themselves to sort it out.

I've had new jap bikes, no worries. Shit I bought a new Russian Ural, 2003, 2wd outfit and had less problems than on a Guzzi.

Dealers are being let down by Piaggio/Guzzi, same as Aprilia were/ still are.

Engine speed sensor failed, left me stranded.

Stelvio has been in the dealers for five weeks for an oil leak, sump gasket changed twice. Now waiting for a new breather pipe, runs from the back of the sump, yours split yet ?? It will.

Cant beat Italian engineering........a bit like Italian paper corrugating machines.....great when they run ok but crap when they dont.....that's where I make my money, to give Guzzi

Gary wrote:
Stelvio has been in the dealers for five weeks for an oil leak, sump gasket changed twice. Now waiting for a new breather pipe, runs from the back of the sump, yours split yet ?? It will.
Actually that's an oil return pipe from the oil seperator in the breather system.
First one I have read about splitting, and all the 11/1200 Guzzis from 2006 on have them.
So they changed the sump gasket twice before they realised that the pipe had split? Or did they split the pipe taking the sump off twice?

Wayne Orwig wrote:
kwn306 wrote:
Another satisfied MG customer..........maybe one of the Moderators could forward this thread to MG Corp. on both sides of the pond, it appears stupidity is running a muck on both shores :S

I've seen poor dealers with every motorcycle brand out there. All you can do is try to work with the dealer or find a better one.

Wayne,

I shouldn't have to drive 10 - 12 hrs to Speaker's Cycle to get someone to work on my bike.

I fault Piaggio for the poor dealer network. My nearest dealer (50 miles away) has been a dealer for Aprilia and MG since last fall and still does not have an Axone or anyone factory trained in the shop. IMHO this should be a requirement by Piaggio before any dealer takes on the brand or at the very least within the first three months of product being accepted by the dealer.

My next nearest dealer is 125 miles away and that is where I purchased my Stelvio, at least they have an Axone and have one tech that is factory trained, but they have only been a dealer for about 2 years, so they are really in the middle of a learning curve.

Granted there are some dealers that are really trying to do right by us and give excellent customer service, but when the support is not there from the parent company it is hard for them to succeed.

Piaggio is doing more to cheapen the brand than their lousy dealer network. If Piaggio manufactured a bike that never broke down that would be one thing, but we all know that is not the case.

kwn306 wrote:
I fault Piaggio for the poor dealer network. My nearest dealer (50 miles away) has been a dealer for Aprilia and MG since last fall and still does not have an Axone or anyone factory trained in the shop. IMHO this should be a requirement by Piaggio before any dealer takes on the brand or at the very least within the first three months of product being accepted by the dealer.[/quote]

But I assume you knew about the dealer network before you made the purchase. Moto Guzzis are pretty rare in the US, that is the way it is.

An inside source mentioned a while back that they are trying to close down dealers that don't get on board with the proper tools (like the Axone or Navigator). Not sure how accurate that is, but generally it sounds like a good idea.

Back