• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Updated Maps are available.

NeroGuzzi said:
Todd: I am stateside and ordered the PCV, ECU exchange, and Autotune for my 07 Breva v1100.
Good, you just might be the first person to build a PC-V map for everyone with a Breva 11 then. ;)

Discussing PCs with a couple of French people (after someone mentioned one available in Germany), I heard that the maps are different in the US (and tappets set differently). That true?

RJVB said:
Discussing PCs with a couple of French people (after someone mentioned one available in Germany), I heard that the maps are different in the US (and tappets set differently). That true?

Rene,

I don't know if the US maps are different from Europe/world but there was a difference in tappet clearance specifications for the 1100 pre Breva. The US spec was 0.002 inch tighter than world specs to reduce noise. But most set to the world spec for better service life.

Does anyone know how many map updates have been issued for the V1100? Mine had an updated map installed in 2006 and I'm wondering if there has been any further to that one.

I just sold my 06 B11, dont remember if roper loaded a new map in it, but it ran absolutely perfect, no mods, just stock, but it ran strong, no lean surging, no decel popping, great mileage, it must have been one of those flukes that was the opposite of my griso, sucker just ran perfect. roper did axone it, but the sucker never hiccuped in all the miles I put on it, almost ran so perfect it was boring like a well sorted jap bike

GrahamNZ said:
Does anyone know how many map updates have been issued for the V1100? Mine had an updated map installed in 2006 and I'm wondering if there has been any further to that one.

The 2006 upgrade was a dash upgrade, can't remember what for but it did nowt for the fueling or EFI parameters.

There is an updated Breva 11 map I believe but the one customer I've had in who has a Breva 11 was very happy with the way his ran so, like Jon's there was no need to 'upgrade'.

Pete

GrahamNZ said:

Graham,

I don't know how many maps have been done. If you hook up your VDSTS you can get the map revision in the ECU. If it isn't V12, then you have an older map. I thought my Breva was running just fine, but with the V12 map it is even better.

GrahamNZ said:
Hello John

Finally got around to hooking up VDSTS again and at the bottom of the screen a small windoew read 2229BRV1249 Is that the map reference?

I think it is, but to be sure do the following:

Go to "View" Then select "System information" I know for sure that will give you the ECU map version. I do know that VDSTS and Axone do not reference the map exactly the same way, but since there is a V12 in your reading I'd say you have the latest map. I'd go out to the garage and check but it is -11 C here right now in the "Sunny South". Global warming my rear end!!

Hello John

Yes, 2229BRV1249 is also what shows in the panel in the System Information window. What puzzles me though is that the date given for the map is 01 06 05, which is probably when my bikes was being built. In mid 06 the dealer was meant to install "the latest map" which he claimed he did.........Maybe mine had the later map from the start but now I'm left wondering what it really has. When temperatures permit, I'd appreciate your checking the figures you have, please.

GrahamNZ said:
Hello John

Yes, 2229BRV1249 is also what shows in the panel in the System Information window. What puzzles me though is that the date given for the map is 01 06 05, which is probably when my bikes was being built. In mid 06 the dealer was meant to install "the latest map" which he claimed he did.........Maybe mine had the later map from the start but now I'm left wondering what it really has. When temperatures permit, I'd appreciate your checking the figures you have, please.

Graham, Will do. Although I suspect the date may refer to when the ECU was first loaded and doesn't change when the map is updated.

Graham,

I'm showing map number 2229BV12BA with a date of 06262009. That date corresponds to the date at the US national where the map was updated. I believe it gets the date from the Axone/Navigator unit. The difference in suffix (BA vs. 49) may be coded by region, but that is a guess on my part.

John do you know what the latest map for the V7C is ? The one that is suppose to eliminate the false Fuel Injection light ?

Thanks

Dan

draidt said:
John do you know what the latest map for the V7C is ? The one that is suppose to eliminate the false Fuel Injection light ?

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

I don't know. I only have information for bikes with the 5AM ECU. I will attempt to find out and let you know.

draidt said:

Thanks

Dan

The updated map is V7NEVAD. I've added that reference to the first post.

Back