• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Updated Maps are available.

For the benefit of any Aussies here I can tell you that all our Stelvios seem to have te latest upgrades in 'em. I tried uploading the latest one to a blokes bike on Friday and it wouldn't take so either it was already in there or the ECU wouldn't take it. My guess is the former.

Pete

john zibell said:
draidt said:
John do you know what the latest map for the V7C is ? The one that is suppose to eliminate the false Fuel Injection light ?

Thanks

Dan

The updated map is V7NEVAD. I've added that reference to the first post.

Thanks John !

Although the claim from Piaggio is that that new map is to eliminate the false Fuel Injection trouble light (which it has)and not a performance enhancement, I, like others have found the cold starting to be much improved.

last maps as I know:

stelvio my08 2229STV8V52
stelvio my09/10 2229STA42Z No ABS or Continental ABS
stelvio my09/10 2229STA42ZA with Bosch ABS

V7 and Nevada MY'09 V7NEVAD

BREVA 1100 2230BA10
BREVA 1100 ABS 2230BB10
GRISO 1100 2229GRS1103
GRISO 1200 8V 2229GRS8V68
1200 SPORT/ 2V 2230BD00/2230BD01
1200 SPORT/ ABS 2V 2230NG18/
1200 SPORT/ ABS 4V 2229BRV8205
NORGE 1200 ABS 2230NG18

Hi everyone,
Last winter bought myself 2005 Nevada Classic with 4000 miles. Put another 1000 on her and now the engine is not running stable between 1000 and 2000 rpm. It seems like losing power cycle every so often. Checked plugs and wires, they look good. Do not know much of the history of the bike. Now I think that update of the map will help. How you do that? I would need some software and kind of connector/adapter to hookup laptop to the bike. Where can I get info what exactly do I need ? I am pretty good with following instructions and schematics. Please help with directions which should I go. Thanks, Mike from Brooklyn, NY

Attachments

• dealersite-images-hdofdanbury-vp1885977_3_large.jpg
    dealersite-images-hdofdanbury-vp1885977_3_large.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,996
Maciek said:
Now I think that update of the map will help. How you do that? I would need some software and kind of connector/adapter to hookup laptop to the bike. Where can I get info what exactly do I need ? I am pretty good with following instructions and schematics. Please help with directions which should I go. Thanks, Mike from Brooklyn, NY

Mike, only a dealer can do the map update, or I can revise it for you as to stock mapping for the cost of shipping.

The VDST Kit I offer won't solve your running problems, but it is used to diagnose the electronics (and reset the TPS, which might be part of your problem). Happy to get you one; HERE. Contact me direct e-mail if you have any questions.

Maciek said:
Hi everyone,
Last winter bought myself 2005 Nevada Classic with 4000 miles. Put another 1000 on her and now the engine is not running stable between 1000 and 2000 rpm. It seems like losing power cycle every so often. Checked plugs and wires, they look good. Do not know much of the history of the bike. Now I think that update of the map will help. How you do that? I would need some software and kind of connector/adapter to hookup laptop to the bike. Where can I get info what exactly do I need ? I am pretty good with following instructions and schematics. Please help with directions which should I go. Thanks, Mike from Brooklyn, NY

A SWAG ( Scientific Wild Ass Guess ) when you are in the losing power cycle remove the gas cap, is there a sudden whooshing of air when you do ? If so you have a gas tank venting problem, pinched hose or tipover valve malfunction or it is not in the vertical position.

I was putting in a new map on a 8V Griso (early model) and saw Map # 2230GRJ1 along w/GRS8V68 map for choices.
I installed the 68 map untill I find out more info. Bike is going into the rental program at the shop, is used/new Piaggio buy back that we got. 3400mi and no tappet update done, had the early map still and 1000cc oil in the trans. Dealer defunked, had some of 1st service done like oils, nothing else.

Any other MG Techs know anything of this map?

Also for B1100 I get Map #2229BRV8529 as the latest map sometimes other times I get #2229BRV12BA as the latest, most likely the same map .

If you right-click on the map designation it explains its an upgrade for Japanese market bikes. No idea what it is or does as finding out woukld involve cross refferencing too many things in the parts and service manuals. I haven't uploaded it to anything as I don't know if you could revert to another map after the upload and my bike is running so well I'm not willing to change anything.

Pete

OK, here we go again--------

For Norge 8V: Original Map #3221NRG142 & Updated (New) Map#3222NG01

So, if you got an 8V Norge, go get the update!! Not much changes, not even noticeable!
Was on Tech Bulliten #003-2012, just came out couple days ago.

Hello!
Bringin some new life In this thread I hope. Since my stelvio 2011 broke down with flattappets and camshafts I will have to update to rollertappets and new camshafts. That also means new software.

Please, does anybody know which map-file I should use and does anybody has it available?
What program to use to re-map? TEXA?

Last edited:
Please, does anybody know which map-file I should use and does anybody has it available? What program to use to re-map?
You'll just need the newest map update from the dealer. Assume you have a hard time getting to one? If so, I have an option for you that is a huge step above the stock map via my FT; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-5am-7sm-reflash-tool/
There are other ways you may find, but I don't allow the discussion here since it's a service I provide per above.

Back