Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

US bike dealers

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Paxo, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Paxo

Paxo Cruisin' Guzzisti

My niece lives in the New England area of the US and is married to a very nice chap who is also a biker. He's been asking me about my V7 Classic as he thinks he might like one. This is just a general question because I really don't want to tell him to go ahead if he's going to have all the problems I've seen talked about here; that would not be good for our relationship! From the topics raised in this forum regarding poor set up, pre delivery inspections and after sales service, I get the impression that too many US dealers come across as box shifters and not properly kitted out MG dealers. Is this a true picture or are we just seeing the owners who come to the forum for help when they've lost confidence in their dealer? Not saying there aren't some shifty dealers over here, but being a smaller country and biking community the word soon gets around. I realise that MG dealers in the US may be a bit thinner on the ground but an honest response would be appreciated.

2. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

By nature, forums tend to attract people with issues.
    There are probably quite a few people with MG's that have no problems and may not even belong to a forum.
    There are plenty of good/great MG dealers relative to the low number of total MG dealers.
    Both the dealer right near me and what is probably the next closest dealer are good/great. Then there are some that have such a good reputation that people from many states away buy from them.
    In the end it comes down to the type of bike owner he is. If he expects his motorcycle to work like an appliance then an MG is probably not for him. If he doesn't mind putting the work into the experience then he should ride one and see......

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Paxo,

I suggest you post this question in the North East regional section. Those guys can tell you who is good. I do know that AJ in Gill Mass has been around nearly forever. You don't stay in business long without good service. I've also heard good things about Seacoast in Derry NH. I have visited both and they seem like good people.

4. sign216

sign216 High Miler

Paxo, I'm in Massachusetts. Where do they live?

I second Zibell's recommendations; AJ's in Gill, Massachusetts is good, as is Seacoast in New Hampshire. I add Razee's of Rhode Island as another good shop. There are some other shops that are listed as Guzzi dealers, but I wouldn't recommend them.

What's close to your niece?

5. Paxo

Paxo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi Joe

Rhode Island at the moment but I do know that they're talking about moving to Connecticut soon. My personal experience of the winter around there probably means buying the bike will remain as a "consideration" until next spring now! Thanks to all for taking the time to reply. I'll pass the info on.

Cheers, Paxo

6. sign216

sign216 High Miler

I grew up in Connecticut. There's some great places to ride there.

If they need some help, or need to borrow a tool, etc, have them give me a ring.

7. Paxo

Paxo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks Joe, appreciate the offer and will pass it on.