• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

USA west coast bike tour advice needed

Cat City Rider said:
Just to add. If you do Brice Canyon then Zion NP is a must as well. Personally I prefer it over Brice Canyon but that is just my opinion.
Take the hike to the bottom of Brice canyon and you will find yourself in "Road Runner" country. Just remember that you will also have to hike back up as well.
Nowhere in your life will you see anything as spectacular as Utah and what is called Red Rock Country.
A lifetime of memories.
Skip Las vegas and try to stay in Mesquite. Cheaper and at the gateway to Utah.
Unless you are camping, Springdale is the place to stay. Just outside Zion NP. Have the Bumbleberry pie at the Bumbleberry inn. Stay elsewhere though.
Don't expect "Gourmet dining" in Utah. Mormons can be "plain folk" and so is the food. Blah!
I hope this is almost clear, but I just finished a huge Alsatian Choucroute meal and a lot of good German wine.
Cheers.

Jude, (the missus.) has read and approved tis message. If 'The Dwarf' says he's right? He's right!!!! :D

Mesquite is good shit. Vegas? It's like pulling gold plated barbed wire out of your arse, but less fun.

Pete

Regarding "gourmet dining," there's one place: http://www.cafediablo.net/ in Torrey, on SR24, a mile or so past the upper end of SR12 (a "don't miss" road). Food's really good. I was there at the grand opening with a bunch of BMW riders. Walked up the road from the Chuckwagon motel (nice rooms) with a tall glass of Bourbon -- restaurant didn't like that :x

fatal said:
I must admit to not knowing the current dollar sterling exchange rate, just a guess. It's a lot better than I thought. I just wish it was like it was when I was in New York a few years ago, about $1.90 to the pound. :)
How on earth do you get vehicles to run right on that watered down stuff?
It is not that are gas is watered down, we use a different system of rating octane.
Our 91 is like your 98.
I like Vegas, it is a fun place to visit. But it depends on what you want.

Thanks to everyone for their advice, we departed for San Francisco on september 7th and returned last Sunday 24th september. We had a fantastic time, as usual the americans we met were very friendly and hospitable. The Harley electraglides were well suited for the trip, so comfortable and the cruise control was useful, but the bikes were a bit of a handful on the twisty mountainous roads. Some awesome scenery and roads, any Brits considering riding the south west USA should do it.
We made a daily blog of our journey http://www.wildhogstour2011.blogspot.com

Hope you find it interesting.

Back