• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Details & Poll

I am…

• Excited about this model, and will purchase one ASAP!

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I’m slightly interested, but have to ride it.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • I never buy the first model year run, but I like it.

Votes: 24 20.9%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
7CRF4WYSSBFKBCD4EGMM7YEJY4

Cycle World Mag also has some great words; https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/2022-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-first-look/

The sporty character of the V100 Mandello is based not only on the performance of the new engine, but also on the qualities of a compact and manageable chassis: A steel tube frame with a 58.5-inch/1486 mm wheelbase is paired with a shaft-drive single-sided swingarm, which eliminated the need for rear suspension linkage. The choice of the single variable section aluminum handlebar is in line with the philosophy of the model. Moto Guzzi technology intervenes to increase comfort and protection from the air, with the first adoption of an adaptive aerodynamics system that automatically adjusts the position of the deflectors on the sides of the 17.5-liter tank depending on speed. and the selected Riding Mode. The fully raised aerodynamic appendages reduce the pressure from the air to the rider by 22%, bringing the V100 Mandello closer to the protection from the air granted by the more voluminous and less sporty tourers, also thanks to the protection offered by the electrically height-adjustable windshield.

This system is part of a first-rate electronic equipment that includes the Ride by Wire electronic accelerator for a fine management of performance and consumption, the Marelli 11MP control unit, the 6-axis inertial platform able to better manage electronic controls, cruise control, and Cornering ABS to guarantee active safety when braking when cornering. There are four Riding Modes available: Travel, Sport, Rain and Road, each of which manages 3 different engine maps, 4 levels of traction control, 3 levels of engine brake and (in the version that includes them as standard) also the calibration of the Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 semi-active suspension, capable of automatically adapting the hydraulics instant by instant to the type of driving adopted and the asphalt conditions to always have the best behavior in any situation.

The 1042cc liquid-cooled motor is 103 mm shorter than the V85 TT small block and uses a double overhead camshaft layout with finger followers and four valves per cylinder. It also uses a wet sump lubrication system and a hydraulically controlled wet clutch. The motor pumps out 115 horsepower with 77 lb-ft of torque, 90 percent of it available at 3500 rpm and the limiter set at 9500 rpm.

Also standard are the 5-inch color TFT instrumentation, the full LED lighting system with DRL and the “bending lights” system with the pair of additional headlights in the parabolas that illuminate the inside of the curve, increasing visibility when cornering.

I am hugely interested in the bike, but with Piaggio not attending the UK's national motorcycle show this December, I'll not be able to see one until they are in the showrooms at our dealerships, so I will have to wait until demo bikes are available to make my mind up.
The active suspension version is of interest to me, but it is the aeros that will make or break the bike for me, it they cause increased wind noise and or buffeting, then I may give it a miss, as that is my biggest bugbear with my V85TT

Looks to be a good machine, but my days of buying new motorcycles has past. I'll stick with what I have.

I'm kinda bummed out they switched to a wet clutch setup. I like the click clacks of ducs and guzzis

And the valve train will be all quiet...

Hey, that's what our old(er) machines are for! I'm not leaving my V7 for anything :)

I'm all for this bike, finally something to put Guzzi on the modern spec sheet and hopefully growing the rider base. I'm pining after every single Guzzi that pops up here in Alberta, but to be completely honest I am satisfied with my V7 for now. The next bike I get will have to be when I'm out of this apartment, an EV, or if I somehow manage to escape my uni loans + get the ash for a GTM, which will likely be a while!

Hey, that's what our old(er) machines are for! I'm not leaving my V7 for anything :)

I'm all for this bike, finally something to put Guzzi on the modern spec sheet and hopefully growing the rider base. I'm pining after every single Guzzi that pops up here in Alberta, but to be completely honest I am satisfied with my V7 for now. The next bike I get will have to be when I'm out of this apartment, an EV, or if I somehow manage to escape my uni loans + get the ash for a GTM, which will likely be a while!
That's true. Honestly I love everything else about it, but I'm really hoping for a naked or at least a roadster with this engine.

View attachment 23645

Cycle World Mag also has some great words; https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/2022-moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-first-look/

The sporty character of the V100 Mandello is based not only on the performance of the new engine, but also on the qualities of a compact and manageable chassis: A steel tube frame with a 58.5-inch/1486 mm wheelbase is paired with a shaft-drive single-sided swingarm, which eliminated the need for rear suspension linkage. The choice of the single variable section aluminum handlebar is in line with the philosophy of the model. Moto Guzzi technology intervenes to increase comfort and protection from the air, with the first adoption of an adaptive aerodynamics system that automatically adjusts the position of the deflectors on the sides of the 17.5-liter tank depending on speed. and the selected Riding Mode. The fully raised aerodynamic appendages reduce the pressure from the air to the rider by 22%, bringing the V100 Mandello closer to the protection from the air granted by the more voluminous and less sporty tourers, also thanks to the protection offered by the electrically height-adjustable windshield.

This system is part of a first-rate electronic equipment that includes the Ride by Wire electronic accelerator for a fine management of performance and consumption, the Marelli 11MP control unit, the 6-axis inertial platform able to better manage electronic controls, cruise control, and Cornering ABS to guarantee active safety when braking when cornering. There are four Riding Modes available: Travel, Sport, Rain and Road, each of which manages 3 different engine maps, 4 levels of traction control, 3 levels of engine brake and (in the version that includes them as standard) also the calibration of the Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 semi-active suspension, capable of automatically adapting the hydraulics instant by instant to the type of driving adopted and the asphalt conditions to always have the best behavior in any situation.

The 1042cc liquid-cooled motor is 103 mm shorter than the V85 TT small block and uses a double overhead camshaft layout with finger followers and four valves per cylinder. It also uses a wet sump lubrication system and a hydraulically controlled wet clutch. The motor pumps out 115 horsepower with 77 lb-ft of torque, 90 percent of it available at 3500 rpm and the limiter set at 9500 rpm.

Also standard are the 5-inch color TFT instrumentation, the full LED lighting system with DRL and the “bending lights” system with the pair of additional headlights in the parabolas that illuminate the inside of the curve, increasing visibility when cornering.

I suspect it will be ridiculously expensive. I've no need for active suspension, active aero...and the face is nothing to love. I am looking forward to see what else might be made on this base.

Last edited:
Love this thing. I’ve read guzzi had to wait for development funding while Aprilia got some attention. To me it could be a BMW R bike killer, reminds me of my beloved ‘86 R80, only better. also read somewhere a speculated price of 17k euros for the electronic suspension model. BMW has lost much of its appeal for me- too much buck for the bang and QC issues. Either way, planning to keep my V7 iii a long time and maybe add this one to the collection.

Back