• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Diag Tool Info

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
We’ve stopped all sales on this device, as below is the response from them after months of asking for directions to provide to our customers…

Apparently you don't understand that the functions are different for all manufacturers. The functions are also all different. You can't give instructions on how everything works with the functions for all 72 manufacturers. This is a professional device, people who don't want to use it need to know what they're looking for, it's not a toy. If you look at the competition, do you think there is an example for each individual function and manufacturer. Either you can work with the device or not.

You have a device from us, why not make instructions for your customers or the function that is important to you. What kind of instructions do you want to read for errors, for example?

Diag V100 Conn

Last edited:
Definitely would buy one, especially for service icon. Took V100S for first service at 1490km. Dealer told me to go out and do another 10km because he couldn't reset light till it comes on. Means that each service has to exceed mileage before you take it in! Would do my own if I could resdt the light.

Guys, how many here would be interested in a commercially supported device (shown below) that would handle not only Diagnostics, but also service wrench resets (and other items listed below) on the V100 models. Pricing would be ~$499. This does NOT handle ECU mapping.
They will be sending me a tester as soon as it becomes available. I'll update this thread as I have more info.

View attachment 30588

Diagnostic Functions/Options:

Service Reset
Error memory Read and Delete
Key programming Assist
Injection system Unlock
Throttle valve Adjust / Adapt
Date and time setting, e.g. after battery replacement
Reset of the adaptation values
Specific actual / target values / live data
Read the current mileage
Chassis number Read
ABS pressure modulator / bleeding test from the ABS hydraulic system
Windshield Calibration
ESA/SAF Shock absorber calibration
Stepper adjustment
Calibration: ride height sensor, windshield, idle positioner, film sensor, etc.
I would definitely be interested. I used my GS-911(for BMW) diagnostics often to check for codes & reset the service codes etc.

Thankyou.

Burke Harrison

I have test units in the hands of two guys here, one V100 and one E5 V85TT. We’ve connected to a V100, and confirmed the Service Icon reset.
It has been said that it is 100% functional on all of the E4 & E5 850 models. I’ve started a new thread in that section for those models. Please do not post questions here on them.

Guys,
I am one of the beta testers and purchased the unit with my hard earned cash! The unit is firmware upgradeable and GTM has instructed me that as soon as an update is available they will let me have it. In the interim, the unit connects using the similar V85TT profile. I have to get my bike to the dealer to address an issue and then plan to ride the hell out of her! I love the fact that I can expect to be able to reset the service icon and if that is all it does, I can live with that. Why you ask?

Well, I CAN'T STAND my Guzzi dealer and they are over an hour away. I have an amazing local dealer with many high end brands, a fantastic service department and incredible staff. I have purchased so many bikes from them and they take great care of me. I was speaking to the owner, an amazing guy and told him how much I love my V100S but don't plan to buy another Guzzi because I can't stand the dealer. He is a motorcycle enthusiast, as many of us are and said that was a shame. I told him about the diagnostic tool and he said buy one and then we will be happy to service your bike and take care of anything other than warranty. They have worked on Guzzis before and wanted to see my V100.

So for me, if I can bring the bike to a trusted shop and they can take care of my bike it makes all the difference in the world. Should more features become available it will only enhance the value to me. YMMV but I am grateful to have this device and a dealer I trust. The V100S is not my only motorcycle but it has quickly stolen my heart!

Mark

There is no substitute for quality tools. Take my word on this. I’ve made my living with tools for 40 years.

There are TONS of people who come here all year long. They want to buy a Centurion or Alaris system to do these same functions in older Stelvio NTX, Norge, or Griso motorcycles.

Guess what? THEY CANNOT! No longer available!

If you plan to keep your motorcycle, buy the tool. You will be glad you did.

If you plan to eventually sell your motorcycle, then ABSOLUTELY BUY THE TOOL!!!

It will raise the value of your motorcycle dollar for dollar, and make your bike much more attractive to potential buyers than anybody else's because you will have a professional tool that can do things only a dealer can on other motorcycles.

I promise you that almost certainly, this tool will disappear in a few years, never to return.

Moto Guzzi is a NICHE MARKET, and any accessory or tool, lasts about 3-5 years in the marketplace before potential sales dwindle to the point that the manufacturing of these type items, ceases. Then you are without one forever.

Don’t be that guy who wishes he had bought the tool when it was available!

I tell you this BECAUSE I’M TRYING TO HELP YOU!

I make NOTHING from any of this.

I’ve just been here long enough to have seen this song and dance, countless times.

You make a good point and the dealer that will now service my bike mentioned he would give me more for the V100 on trade if I have the tool! He knows I change bikes every 2 or so years and I buy one from him almost yearly but I do ride them and service them religiously so its win-win!
I am amazed how much I really love this Guzzi but no idea how long I will keep it, hopefully a few years.

You make a good point and the dealer that will now service my bike mentioned he would give me more for the V100 on trade if I have the tool!

As I said, I’ve seen this play out over and over and over for over 10 years here.

A tool like this RETAINS its value forever. Period.

It is truly Penny Wise and Pound Foolish to pass this opportunity by.

@GTM® I know you deleted the previous run of this thread, however, I would propose locking it in the future until we have an actual solution because it is going to come up as people are attempting to do this. Just in the course of a day, three people posted. At least locking it keeps it searchable while the solution is in the works. I'm not sure what your ETA is, so in my opinion leaving it up locked is better than deleting all together. Feel free to lock this thread as a holding place for your instructions if you'd like.

Tagging the folks who we participating: @Chris_in_SB @TeeTwo @scottmastrocinque

I have the tool as well but haven't had to use it yet, just verified it communicated with the bike. Looking forward to detailed instructions when available especially to those of us that support the site with our purchases! Thank you.

Now merged: Do not start a new thread. I have been requesting/arguing with the manufacturer for instructions since I first purchased the device (with all cables) at full price. They have avoided my every request. I have told them to let me direct them on the model list. They told me it would be too much work to modify the list.
More than one person that has purchased these has said they too would do an informational post. No one has. I have very little time as is. I agree it shouldn’t be difficult. This is a Pro device, and they arrogantly say that “you have to know what you’re doing” to use it. They also said to read the instructions, which they refuse to provide. I’ve even scanned their website using Google to no avail.

The recent posts are due to me shipping the last small order batch.

It seems best to remove this device for sale here as I am not the manufacturer. It also seems everything we sell, I must become technical support for. Is that fair to me to act as Tech support for the manufacturer, so that even those who purchase one, even outside of my site, can ask questions and get help here for free? Answer is no. Direct email to those who have ONLY.

Thread headings started by someone else cannot serve as a reference thread.

Guys,

First off, I am Scott and I am just another Guzzisti here. I have no official capacity here whatsoever.

Todd Eagan, the owner, (GTM), is my very dear friend. He is an exceptional man and is single handily responsible for the development of several specialized products for our Moto Guzzi motorcycles. For this I am deeply grateful because there really is no real money to be made in Moto Guzzi aftermarket products. There simply aren’t enough of our motorcycles out there.

My earlier post, which has since been taken down (at my request) was put together poorly. I struggle terribly with written communication and often times, I simply screw it up and this is one of those cases.

My intention from the start, was to express my disgust at the manufacturer of the tool. They are responsible for providing documentation on the usage of their tool, and they have done nothing.

GTM, has tried repeatedly to get them to allow him to help them, but they refuse.

Their communication has been nothing but belligerent and arrogant, and they are the ones I was trying to indicate as only being interested in making a quick buck. This is not GTM at all.

GTM does this because he loves the marque just like I do. This is not a profitable undertaking for GTM but one of love. If you want to make a small fortune in Guzziland, start with a big one. GTM has repeatedly experienced and continues to experience this firsthand.

Please, do not throw daggers at GTM. He is our gracious host here and has tried for years and continues to try to this day, to promote this marque and provide unique and innovative solutions for all of us to enjoy.

He is working at trying to get the information we need but as you can imagine, it is both extremely frustrating as well as downright maddening to not be supported by the company which you are promoting their product.

They are the assholes here. GTM is trying to turn them around.

GTM says he is trying to get us the information and I take him at face value. I also, will actively work in creating a guide we can all use, as soon as I return to the USA from Europe.

I am on vacation until the 17th but I will be actively working on this in my personal workshop upon my return.

Again, please be kind to GTM. He is our ally, not the enemy and please excuse my autism and the way it affects my communication, and if it gave you the impression that I faulted GTM in any way. I do not.

I just wanted to have him jump in and be the hero, and if he could get true support from the manufacturer, he would immediately do so.

Again, he is working with them but they are the weak link.

I am confident that between his efforts and my efforts, we will get through this. Please be patient and kind.

Another thing to remember here is NEVER assume something about another person. You never know what a quagmire of shit they may be wading through.

Kindness counts.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott. Below is added to the first post here. I’ve stopped all sales.
I have purchased all of the following at full retail to date, starting with VDST, VDST Euro Pro, Centurion Pro, Socio, PADS, AT Pro ECU hard/software (at the cost of nearly a V85TT OTD, plus ongoing fees), Rapidbike Pro, and another new Pro shop/bench software to access the E5 models, and likely a few I have forgotten. Now this device. Thankfully Dynojet’s was always free. All of them had reliable support and functionality. Not this one.
I have found yet another device that may work from China, but they offer zero profitability on them, so all I may is say the name, IF it works. Google will find it for you too.

I will not leave anyone that has purchased from GTM without support, but you can also reach out direct to them and ask and complain. As an aside, Scott managed to find a selection that left his bike inoperable without dealer intervention. I hope he will speak on it on his return.
If you aren’t 100% sure on operation/selection, post here before proceeding!

We’ve stopped all sales on this device, as below is the response from them after months of asking for directions to provide to you our customers…

Apparently you don't understand that the functions are different for all manufacturers. The functions are also all different. You can't give instructions on how everything works with the functions for all 72 manufacturers. This is a professional device, people who don't want to use it need to know what they're looking for, it's not a toy. If you look at the competition, do you think there is an example for each individual function and manufacturer. Either you can work with the device or not.
You have a device from us, why not make instructions for your customers or the function that is important to you. What kind of instructions do you want to read for errors, for example?

I've never seen software/devices that didn't have full technical support. A friend of mine runs a European care repair shop and he has software/devices for all European makes. Talk about expensive! All have excellent support. This outfit needs to go out of business.

Thanks John. My words to them below. I’m not sure why I am always ignored or forgotten here when it comes to what I do, own and have paid for (not gotten discounted or free). You read my list above in what I’ve purchased to date? I can only wish I could activate/pay annually for the PADS device I own for my shop. They will not let me of course, though that wouldn’t be helpful for most here.

My last reply. I have purchased costly professional and consumer grade Diagnostic hardware and software since 2001, for resale, to the total of more than $100K to date. ALL of them come with 20+ page documents on the use, care, operation, and warnings on anything that may disable the operation of the motorbike. Furthermore, ALL other manufacturers were open to my input of making their devices easier to use. Selections should be self-explanatory, as even trained motorbike techs won’t ask questions. Moto Guzzi owners are almost ALL smart and well educated, and are often life-long riders and owners who work on motorbikes themselves. I have never been so insulted by a software manufacturer in my lifetime. I simply cannot and will not be OK with it, nor will I be told to make instructions for my customers after paying nearly full price myself. I am removing these from my website completely. If you are not the owner of this company, I suggest you forward this to them for review.

Back