• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Chat - H20

Radiators are air cooled and work best in frontal positions where the air velocity is highest.
Mounted in any other position they must have extensive shrouds and ducts to work effectively.
Strange how we all use the convention of water cooling when all any internal liquid really does is distribute heat until it's transferred into the surrounding air.
Logically all land based internal combustion engines are air cooled.

Last edited:
Fun...

Our EICMA Pick for Best in Show: Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello
From; asphaltandrubber.com/oped/moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-photos/ - TONS of new good photos there at the bottom of the page.

2022 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello static 17 scaled

Every year, the EICMA show awards its “most beautiful bike” of the Milan event, and every year the winner is unsurprisingly an Italian machine.

Whether you attribute that to the Italian manufacturers being superior in their motorcycle designs, or if perhaps there is a home-team bias in the EICMA crowd, we will let you decide for yourself.

More often that not though, we take umbrage with EICMA’s picks, as the selection seems to rarely stray from a couple Italian marques, usually overlooking a more worthy recipient.

That’s fine and all, and this year’s pick, the MV Agusta Superveloce Ago is a very good looking motorcycle – no doubt about it.

But 2021 is one of those years where we differ from the EICMA voting masses, as we would have picked the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello instead.

I will admit, the Mandello is more “handsome” than “gorgeous” in its appearance, but the liquid-cooled Guzzi marks not only an important moment for the brand, but also the motorcycle industry.

There will come a point in time where we will look at the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello, and think of its active aerodynamics system as rather rudimentary in design.

It is a simple system, which only moves two flaps to deflect wind around the rider as velocity increases. In the future though, one can imagine a plethora of wings and flaps that act and react while we ride. Air brakes, anyone?

And from there, the sky is the limit.

Two-wheeled historians will mention that those advances start here, with an Italian brand that is steeped in history, and known perhaps best as a heritage marque.

That notion is changing too though. The Mandello is a series of “firsts” for the Moto Guzzi. First liquid-cooled engine, first cornering ABS, first quickshifter, first IMU…

In my story announcing the model, I said a more succinct way to think of the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is to simply call it Guzzi’s first modern motorcycle. That’s really what those superlatives mean.

I hope this is a trend that Moto Guzzi continues, and all signs point to the water-cooled transverse V100 v-twin ending up in a couple more models.

The fact that its debut is first on a sport-tourer motorcycle is of note too. A segment that has been replaced largely by big-displacement ADV bikes, sport-tourers are starting to make a comeback.

It turns out, not everyone is going to spend their riding days pretending that they are about to circumnavigate the globe, but there is still a desire for a more practical, comfortable, and potent sport bike that isn’t meant for the track.

The Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is perhaps the purest incarnation of that idea on the market right now – a true gentleman’s sport bike.

It is a machine for someone who doesn’t want the visual harshness that seems to dominate Japanese and European design right now.

No flash and all substance, that is why the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is our “best in show” from EICMA. Chapeau.

Fun...

Our EICMA Pick for Best in Show: Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello
From; asphaltandrubber.com/oped/moto-guzzi-v100-mandello-photos/ - TONS of new good photos there at the bottom of the page.

View attachment 23744

Every year, the EICMA show awards its “most beautiful bike” of the Milan event, and every year the winner is unsurprisingly an Italian machine.

Whether you attribute that to the Italian manufacturers being superior in their motorcycle designs, or if perhaps there is a home-team bias in the EICMA crowd, we will let you decide for yourself.

More often that not though, we take umbrage with EICMA’s picks, as the selection seems to rarely stray from a couple Italian marques, usually overlooking a more worthy recipient.

That’s fine and all, and this year’s pick, the MV Agusta Superveloce Ago is a very good looking motorcycle – no doubt about it.

But 2021 is one of those years where we differ from the EICMA voting masses, as we would have picked the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello instead.

I will admit, the Mandello is more “handsome” than “gorgeous” in its appearance, but the liquid-cooled Guzzi marks not only an important moment for the brand, but also the motorcycle industry.

There will come a point in time where we will look at the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello, and think of its active aerodynamics system as rather rudimentary in design.

It is a simple system, which only moves two flaps to deflect wind around the rider as velocity increases. In the future though, one can imagine a plethora of wings and flaps that act and react while we ride. Air brakes, anyone?

And from there, the sky is the limit.

Two-wheeled historians will mention that those advances start here, with an Italian brand that is steeped in history, and known perhaps best as a heritage marque.

That notion is changing too though. The Mandello is a series of “firsts” for the Moto Guzzi. First liquid-cooled engine, first cornering ABS, first quickshifter, first IMU…

In my story announcing the model, I said a more succinct way to think of the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is to simply call it Guzzi’s first modern motorcycle. That’s really what those superlatives mean.

I hope this is a trend that Moto Guzzi continues, and all signs point to the water-cooled transverse V100 v-twin ending up in a couple more models.

The fact that its debut is first on a sport-tourer motorcycle is of note too. A segment that has been replaced largely by big-displacement ADV bikes, sport-tourers are starting to make a comeback.

It turns out, not everyone is going to spend their riding days pretending that they are about to circumnavigate the globe, but there is still a desire for a more practical, comfortable, and potent sport bike that isn’t meant for the track.

The Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is perhaps the purest incarnation of that idea on the market right now – a true gentleman’s sport bike.

It is a machine for someone who doesn’t want the visual harshness that seems to dominate Japanese and European design right now.

No flash and all substance, that is why the Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello is our “best in show” from EICMA. Chapeau.
It's nice to see Moto Guzzi finally get some praise. Hopefully the same will happen with GTM

The more I see it the more I must have one!

The MV Ago is pretty amazing but MV is truly a boutique marque and the significance of the V100 just dwarfs the MV in my mind as well.

I cannot wait to throw my leg over that Tenni green masterpiece!

Some people are going to think "Oh just wait, there will be issues."
But I see no reason to believe that.
In the past every other V twin Guzzi has a been a compromise, trying to use common parts to cut costs, trying to milk the most out of air cooling and most of all, trying not to break the mold and alianate buyers.
But here, I don't see one common part and air-cooling banished but it keeps the architecture true.
Piaggio have a clean slate here with the only brief given that it must be a transverse 90 degree twin with a final shaft drive, apart from that, and if you blocked out your view of both the above, it could represent any brand and as such be as reliable and well built.
And it doesn't push the horsepower curve so I can't see maintenance costs biting buyers badly.
Chris.
P.S. What's a bet that Tod has already run a weather eye over the design to come up with a range of accessories and modifications?
Anyone for a set of Guzzitech crashbars?

Last edited:
Anybody have an update on when these beauties will be available? I've done some searching but there seems to be no set date for their arrival. We're almost halfway through 2022.
Obviously there are supply chain issues like everything else these days.

Anybody have an update on when these beauties will be available? I've done some searching but there seems to be no set date for their arrival. We're almost halfway through 2022.
Obviously there are supply chain issues like everything else these days.
I spoke with the local dealership owner and he said Moto Guzzi should have them early fall, but he put it in air quotes, so maybe December/January. Regardless it will be out before Tesla's cybertruck

Last edited:
I spoke with the local dealership owner and he said Moto Guzzi should have them early fall, but he put it in air quotes, so maybe December/January. Regardless it will be out before Tesla's cybertruck
YUCK ! - who in their right mind would want that Tesla Pyramid truck thing ...
They shouldn't Even bother producing the cybertruck !

Non disprezzerei mai il bellissimo V110 Mandelo !!!

Last edited:
First post. Long time Guzzi admirer, but never saw one to make me pull the trigger.

This could be the one. Power, weight, features, looks all add up for me.

Only concern I have is servicing, warranty, etc.

The grains of sand are falling rapidly for me OTOH. No risk, no reward. No guts, no glory. I will take a chance on this. Not sure when they’re landing here in Sydney. Oh well, it’ll take me a while to figure out which colour I want!

I've looked at several Guzzi bikes but never pulled the trigger. I have owned mostly BMW's and one Honda and one Yamaha. This bike is making me take a serious look at Moto Guzzi. I will certainly be test riding one when they land here in Central Texas.

So i've been reading that a good amount of orders have been coming in. Seems like the media coverage of this Guzzi has really surpassed what MG had in mind. Hopefully they are able to crank out the orders.
There are also seems to be some photo leaks of the production line and it seems to me like they are charging ahead on to get the orders completed.

I will buying one, strictly for product development and the next-gen GTM-03 frame models. ;)
There may have been aweeee bit of misinterpretation there.

DeadEye said:
YUCK ! - who in their right mind would want that Tesla Pyramid thing ...

I Love the V100
Not so much love for theTesla Cybertruck

You are buying a V100.
But you aren’t buying a Cyber truck are you ?

I sat on the red V100 at EICMA on Friday. It is super comfy for one and slightly less accommodating for two up than an older BMW sport touring set ups I’m familiar with (96 R1100RT and R1150RS). I found the mechanism for manually adjusting the windshield much easier to use than I expected from aboard the bike. That said I’ll wait for a LeMans or Daytona model.

8B4F22A8 A550 46E4 8F24 70417C6B2B76

I couldn't get and Piaggo rep to spill anything regarding any model, including a new Stelvio. A beefy sport Guzzi is what would part me from my silver, though. It is mostly wishful thinking on my part. One undercurrent after talking with lots of reps at the show is that there is a race to the finish line for internal combustion bikes. Europe has banned new ICE sales starting in 2030. At the moment there is some small hope that motorcycles will be exempted at least initially, but the end is near for new European gasoline bikes. Moto Guzzi's air cooled motors will be incapable of passing tighter emissions even if they dodge the ban temporarily, so any new Guzzi's will probably be variants of the V100. So if they squeezed out a V100 Sport before the end it would make me happy.
Thanks for the intel. As stated in 2003, Piaggio/Aprilia will likely never allow a "Sport" Guzzi... Best I'd imagine they'd do is a naked (and even then not likely). I'll be one of the old guys still enjoying ICE engines in 2030.

Thanks for the intel. As stated in 2003, Piaggio/Aprilia will likely never allow a "Sport" Guzzi... Best I'd imagine they'd do is a naked (and even then not likely). I'll be one of the old guys still enjoying ICE engines in 2030.
So , everyone should follow Scott’s example and stock up now, before it’s too late !

Last edited:
Back