• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Chat - H20

Imagine being able to upload whatever sound file you like for the "vroom vroom", that would make for some shenanigans :D

In the words of Arlo Guthrie
“I don’t want a nickel I just want to ride on my Fartercycle ,
And I don’t wanta die I just want to ride my hyena-cycle”

With some artistic license applied :blush:

For those who don’t know

Last edited:
Thanks John, copy/paste so that we have a copy here in case it gets pulled...

Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water-cooled V engine, 120 horsepower! SCOOP
August 26, 2021 - From Civenna, on Lake Como, the first photos of the brand new Italian sport tourer arrive. Moto Guzzi brings the new 1000 cc transverse V engine with over 100 horsepower and liquid cooling to its debut. It will be the basis for a new model family. We will see it at EICMA

From Civenna, at the foot of the Ghisallo, the photographic scoop that makes this end of summer comes hot to the editorial office . We thank Mauro Lardini, the friend who had the wit to take these photos with his mobile phone before being - rightly - blocked by the security service.
Yes, because it gave us really bombshell news: Moto Guzzi is rightly proud of the commercial successes of the V7 and V85TT, but it is not sleeping on its laurels. On the contrary!
Today the Mandello del Lario company was paparazzi on the shores of its lake during the photo shoot of the brand new Sport Tourer (with 17-inch wheels in front and back). The photos are of low quality, taken with the mobile and from afar. But they already give us a lot of information.
The new Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer (the name is a fictional one, but we don't think we're too far from reality) is a high-handlebar road sports car. A sport tourer that winks at the world of crossover: 17 wheels, comfortable seat and a generous saddle even for the passenger.

Liquid engine: 120 horsepower on the way
On a technical level we have the news that will make the happiness of those who love the Italian eagle. The new Moto Guzzi V100 marks the birth of the new engine platform .
In fact, the transverse V-engine with liquid cooling arrives , which is necessary in view of future increasingly stringent anti-pollution regulations. The Italian manufacturer therefore looks to the future with important investments, which will lead to an expansion of the offer . The new 1000 engine, which on this version could already develop a power of about 120 horsepower, will in fact be used on maxi-enduro models, but also sports ones, given the important performances and the low weight. And it is easy to assume that the new platform lends itself to the development of different displacements, both higher and lower. Obviously without renouncing the shaft drive transmission.

On the new Moto Guzzi V100 we will certainly find the most advanced electronic controls (traction, ABS, cornering), which have already been developed by the group on the recent Aprilia and Moto Guzzi models.
The wait at this point is very high, but we bet there will be little to wait . Today they were taking the official photos. The Moto Guzzi V100 is therefore ready and will be an EICMA star.

Photos by Mauro Lardini

Moto guzzi v100 motoit 2 Moto guzzi v100 motoit 3 Moto guzzi v100 motoit 4 Moto guzzi v100 motoit 5

The new Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer (the name is a fictional one, but we don't think we're too far from reality) is a high-handlebar road sports car. A sport tourer that winks at the world of crossover: 17 wheels, comfortable seat and a generous saddle even for the passenger.
After a night in thought on this... am I the only one that thinks this model is a horrific idea? In a category that did poorly for Guzzi (Norge and Stelvio sorry to say), and one that is already market saturated with other brands (Duc Multi comes to mind in looking at it), why not stick to being a creative first like you are known for Guzzi?!? I mean a modern Le Mans would sell out I would bet.
Not that this new model won't sell, I just don't understand it... and this is before we see a price, which I might imagine will be fairly strong mid $1Xk.
Oh well, my $.02 anyway. ;)

I'm not sure it's a horrific idea. But based on these and other photos I have seen there seems to be little to make this stand out other than the cylinders. The current design is quite generic and bland so far. I will likely be sticking to my plan to acquire a Norge next year.

My first two thoughts… 1. I hope this was just the crude prototype. 2. I can’t wait for the first crashed one to steal the driveline from.
Also, the front wheel isn’t a 17”.

“But Luigi, the boss told me to come up with something Different...so I did”
Modern version of this slow boat perhaps?

D5689F7B 7F05 488D 9DB8 C8C53148F3C2

I don't know but from my unscientific photoshop cut and superimpose, the wheel rims appear to be the exact same size. IDK.

However, I like the new base design. I doubt it is the final iteration, but to me, this is all exciting stuff. I'm really looking forward to the next big leap in water cooled 90 degree v twin engines from Moto Guzzi.

Call me crazy but 120 horsepower in a lightweight standard motorcycle chassis configuration should be a great deal of fun to me! Something al la Suzuki SV1000 type setup perhaps.

I think Piaggio has the idea that the Moto Guzzi line will fill the niche that their other marques do not. Hopefully exciting stuff is coming down the pike! We'll see.

Moto guzzi v100 motoit 5

Last edited:
immagi10.png

forum.animaguzzista.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59418&start=800

Much nicer, which is what I was hoping. I like that they moved the swingarm mass to the other side. Hopefully they followed Ducati's lead so we can many more easy wheel options.

Anyone heard whether this liquid cooled motor is a brand new design or the venerable Small Block with added liquid cooling to the cylinder and/or heads?

Tony

Back